Page 41 of 47 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieWest_GuitarGod View Post
    Exactly the reason I kept Mississippee the way I built her I will not let Turbine dictate my playstyle.

I built Genghis Khan, as many of you know, that plays a significantly larger DPS role that can also fills various bard responsibilities.
    And this build, well my toon is still useful, even in epics, most people think hagglebard and they think sing then pike, but ive actually solo CC in EDA, helped back up heal and CC in all the epics ive run. Even healed when the cleric/fs has died or dced. Last night was funny because the cleric dced, so I continued healing, then the melee's rushed and looted the chest not realising the cleric had dced. I said wait guys hes dced. then I got asked....... so who was healing us? lol. I just wish the offensive casting and maybe songs? would be amped up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    And this build, well my toon is still useful, even in epics, most people think hagglebard and they think sing then pike, but ive actually solo CC in EDA, helped back up heal and CC in all the epics ive run. Even healed when the cleric/fs has died or dced. Last night was funny because the cleric dced, so I continued healing, then the melee's rushed and looted the chest not realising the cleric had dced. I said wait guys hes dced. then I got asked....... so who was healing us? lol. I just wish the offensive casting and maybe songs? would be amped up a bit.
    Cool! Yeah, I love Miss. Just no problems in any quest, I find a way.

If Turbine ever returns to its roots, and works on bard crowd control, Miss will be ready.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Dungeons & Dragons Online Guild
    No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

Fellow Bards of Eberron, I kindly welcome ya'll to gather on

Ghallanda - House D - TEMPLE OF THE SOVEREIGN HOST.

This Friday - 3PM or 10PM SHARP.

.. to pay tribute to veterans from the United States and all friendly nations.

No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

i've read several posts about haggles, why is no one including the shield from chronoscope? it's +3 enhancement bonus, which seems to be unique in the game so far? http://ddowiki.com/page/Battered_Marketplace_Shield

Community Member

Not sure if the haggle enhancement stacks with everything else? For a great breakdown of haggle visit http://myddo.webs.com/hagglebard/index.htm

Also here is a forum link to the Hagglebard 100+ build http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=335489

Quote Originally Posted by DDOGoz View Post
    i've read several posts about haggles, why is no one including the shield from chronoscope? it's +3 enhancement bonus, which seems to be unique in the game so far? http://ddowiki.com/page/Battered_Marketplace_Shield
    The airship buff Dwarven Stoutness from the Kundarak Battlemaster supperceeds it. (+5 enhancement bonus to haggle is better than, but not stacking with, the +3 from Battered Marketplace Shield.)

Ah I see, thanks for the clarification.

Community Member

Earl of Funk, Duke of Cool, Ayatollah of Rock-and-Roll-a

a shamless bump for all the haggle bot haters ...

question ... i lvl a mississippii clone up to 10 last night, and when i went to put the 2pts into diplo like your planner suggests, it only allowed me to put one into it. is this because of somthing i may have did wrong on previouse lvls, or is the plan off a touch?

i have read the whole thread, not an easy feat, and heard no mention of it.
    Wednesday night - MAC Extreme PD
    Get your PD on!

Quote Originally Posted by Shal View Post

question ... i lvl a mississippii clone up to 10 last night, and when i went to put the 2pts into diplo like your planner suggests, it only allowed me to put one into it. is this because of somthing i may have did wrong on previouse lvls, or is the plan off a touch?

i have read the whole thread, not an easy feat, and heard no mention of it.
    Comic Sans.

Bold And Italic.

I dont know what to say. Except my mother told me not to do these kind of things.

Ever.

If you took Diplo all the time, you wont be able to put more than one point into it per level. The build in the OP did not. At level 10, you can't have more than 13 ranks in any class skill.
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

Did I hear mah name!? Hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by karl_k0ch View Post
    Comic Sans.

Bold And Italic.

I dont know what to say. Except my mother told me not to do these kind of things.

Ever.

ok im composed now.

Upon inspection, Karl hit it on the nose. If you notice several levels I never take diplomacy which allowed me to take it twice at level 10. If diplo is greyed (you cant take it any more) then you are set because you maxed it out. You're definitely good to go!
    Last edited by LeslieWest_GuitarGod; 01-04-2012 at 03:35 PM.

Everyone learns about Bard love sooner or later, the best realize we cant cant just rely on Turbine's idea of music! Time to turn that ish up!

A lil Mudflap Mama.... and a one... and a two.... and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l15H4c-kWY

That's Slash hangin out with one of his guitar idols, Leslie West. They are definitely having fun jammin' on this track.

Remember bards, dont take no hate, make em appreciate. oh hell not gonna have no more of this 3rd degree...

A lil Joe Bonamassa /Leslie jam with TONE from another planet. If you cant Rock, you have no right bein a bard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReI1I...eature=related

Last edited by LeslieWest_GuitarGod; 01-04-2012 at 03:01 PM.

Community Member

Comic Sans.

Bold And Italic.

Ever..
    no need to say anything really.

If you took Diplo all the time, you wont be able to put more than one point into it per level. The build in the OP did not. At level 10, you can't have more than 13 ranks in any class skill.
    thanks for that

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieWest_GuitarGod View Post
    Did I hear mah name!? Hahaha

ok im composed now.

Upon inspection, Karl hit it on the nose. If you notice several levels I never take diplomacy which allowed me to take it twice at level 10. If diplo is greyed (you cant take it any more) then you are set because you maxed it out. You're definitely good to go!
    and thanks to you to.
    Get your PD on!

and thanks to you to.
    No problem. Glad you are enjoying the build and please feel free to ask any more questions if you have em...

Community Member

edited
    Last edited by Shal; 01-13-2012 at 07:48 AM.
    Get your PD on!

Community Member

Default Weapon choices

I am building the Version II of this to primarily be a healer. Is it too much of a disadvantage to use a rapier and shield vs THF with masters touch. I't probably more of a favor call for being in groups will be healing, and using wands most of the time. If going that route is it worth using the feats for weapon focus piercing, and improved crit, and PA? The HP are kind of low so defenitly wont be on the front lines. What do you think? Stick to slashing weapons and THF?

Quote Originally Posted by jkdrury View Post
    I am building the Version II of this to primarily be a healer. Is it too much of a disadvantage to use a rapier and shield vs THF with masters touch. I't probably more of a favor call for being in groups will be healing, and using wands most of the time. If going that route is it worth using the feats for weapon focus piercing, and improved crit, and PA? The HP are kind of low so defenitly wont be on the front lines. What do you think? Stick to slashing weapons and THF?
    I don't really see much point going with a shield as the AC will be negligible. The primary difference will be the damage you do and you will see it if mainly in the benefits you take Power Attack. Falchion's have the same crit range as rapiers so not much difference there.

Piercing is good if you go for instakill on norm and maybe hard ( banishers / smiters ) as slashing weapons dont have banishing. But then piercing weapons don't have vorpal ... Its more of a flavor thing to be honest if your primary focus is going to be healing.

Taking THF feats would give you glancing blows which can increase the damage output on the target as well as the other mobs around the target.

Just my 2 copper
    Have Fun and Be Smart
    Calladan Frostwinter - Crimson Eagles
    Halcyen Frostwinter - Apocalytic Knights

The Crafting Mogul
    Hero and Host of DDO Chat

Hey Leslie,

I am having a similar skill rank issue to someone else earlier. I decided to throw this toon in the builder, but you have 2 ranks in balance being taken at Level 13, I am only able to take one. Starting level 13 with 15 ranks, and it only allows me the +1 bump to 16. I re-entered everything twice, and added the +2 stat at 7. Am I missing something, or is the original build off? I also noticed you listed enhancements for level 1 that I don't think are available until level 2.
    The Crafting Mogul of Orien!, Yuupppp!! .:. Join The Craze - http://www.ddochat.com
    Proud to be part of what is, sad at the closure of what was, and grateful to have called it home...
    Proudly Canadian, and just providing my $0.02 cents. ($0.025 USD )

The Crafting Mogul
    Hero and Host of DDO Chat

Hadn't heard back from anyone so I figured I would dig into the planner export you posted. There seems to be something wrong with your skill ranks. Somehow you have 25 Ranks in Balance when you should only be able to have 23. The total number of ranks spent is 151 which is correct. Not sure what happened, but I am curious where you would re-allocate them. As posted minus the discrepancy, the main skills are maxed minus the following (with ranks at 20 in brackets), I am assuming you will add one of the points to concentration, where would you place the last one? (I know for those jumping on me it should be based on my playstyle, I just want to see what Leslie would have picked personally).

Concentration(22), Diplomacy(18), or Jump(15)?

I know in the original Mississippi Queen you had Diplomacy capped with Jump at 12 instead of 15, and Tumble only at 1. What made you decide to change the original stat layout?
    The Crafting Mogul of Orien!, Yuupppp!! .:. Join The Craze - http://www.ddochat.com
    Proud to be part of what is, sad at the closure of what was, and grateful to have called it home...
    Proudly Canadian, and just providing my $0.02 cents. ($0.025 USD )

Sorry folks, been "on the road" since Feb 14, due to damage sustained to my home (luckily we have a very good insurance company thats taking care of us). Its quite a bit more challenging to find time to post than normal, but I'm going to work on getting these updated as soon as possible, hopefully by tonight. Does appear like I made a mistake or two that needs fixin'.

check back soon
    Last edited by LeslieWest_GuitarGod; 03-27-2012 at 08:36 AM.

Ok, here is the "Original" Mississippee. Please understand, Mississippee was not just a one time design, but a work in progress. Skills, feats, spells and enhancements changed as I leveled. Many seasoned bards will tell you they tweaked regularly, to suit their playstyle, changes in game mechanics, or even specific quests that they may be running at the time. Somewhere along the line of edits, a few enhancements got lost in the shuffle. Changes to enhancements such as haggle also contributed to an inaccuracy.

All inaccuracies have been fixed, and in fact the entire build was re-created from the ground up to enact the exact way I would have built the original Mississippee, with the current day enhancement costs. Remember though, Spellsinger II PrE is not worked in, as the Original Mississippee was completely built and capped before the second PrE was released. No tomes were built in either, as my original goal was to prove anyone could build a useful, high haggle bard.

The bard community gets my sincerest appreciation, for making my build just a little more fun to play, and this thread the traction it needed to still be singin.

Code:
    Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 03.12.01
    DDO Character Planner Home Page

Mississippee Original with current enhancement costs.
    Level 20 True Neutral Human Male
    (20 Bard) 
    Hit Points: 180
    Spell Points: 926 
    BAB: 15\15\20\25\25
    Fortitude: 8
    Reflex: 11
    Will: 11

Starting          Feat/Enhancement
    Abilities        Base Stats          Modified Stats
    (32 Point)       (Level 1)             (Level 20)
    Strength             16                    16
    Dexterity             8                     8
    Constitution         14                    14
    Intelligence          8                     8
    Wisdom                8                     8
    Charisma             18                    29

Starting          Feat/Enhancement
                     Base Skills         Modified Skills
    Skills           (Level 1)            (Level 20)
    Balance               3                    22
    Bluff                 4                     9
    Concentration         6                    28
    Diplomacy             4                    22
    Disable Device       n/a                   n/a
    Haggle                8                    41
    Heal                 -1                    -1
    Hide                 -1                    -1
    Intimidate            4                     9
    Jump                  7                    16
    Listen               -1                    -1
    Move Silently        -1                    -1
    Open Lock            n/a                   n/a
    Perform               8                    31
    Repair               -1                    -1
    Search               -1                    -1
    Spot                 -1                    -1
    Swim                  3                     3
    Tumble               n/a                    0
    Use Magic Device      8                    34

Level 1 (Bard)
    Skill: Balance (+4)
    Skill: Concentration (+4)
    Skill: Haggle (+4)
    Skill: Jump (+4)
    Skill: Perform (+4)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+4)
    Feat: (Selected) Empower Healing Spell
    Feat: (Human Bonus) Spell Focus: Enchantment
    Spell (1): Cure Light Wounds
    Enhancement: Improved Concentration I
    Enhancement: Bard Song Magic I
    Enhancement: Bard Energy of the Music I

Level 2 (Bard)
    Skill: Concentration (+1)
    Skill: Diplomacy (+2)
    Skill: Haggle (+1)
    Skill: Tumble (+1)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+1)
    Spell (1): Hypnotism
    Enhancement: Bard Inspired Damage I
    Enhancement: Human Versatility I
    Enhancement: Bard Charisma I
    Enhancement: Bard Wand and Scroll Mastery I

Level 3 (Bard)
    Skill: Diplomacy (+1)
    Skill: Jump (+2)
    Feat: (Selected) Spell Penetration
    Spell (1): Otto's Resistible Dance
    Enhancement: Bard Inspired Attack I
    Enhancement: Bard Lyric of Song I

Level 4 (Bard)
    Ability Raise: CHA
    Skill: Perform (+2)
    Spell (2): Soundburst
    Spell (2): Cure Moderate Wounds
    Enhancement: Improved Concentration II
    Enhancement: Bard Song Magic II

Level 5 (Bard)
    Skill: Perform (+2)
    Spell (1): Focusing Chant
    Spell (2): Invisibility
    Enhancement: Human Adaptability Charisma I
    Enhancement: Bard Energy of the Music II

Level 6 (Bard)
    Skill: Jump (+1)
    Skill: Perform (+1)
    Feat: (Selected) Extend Spell
    Enhancement: Bard Spellsinger I

Level 7 (Bard)
    Spell (2): Suggestion
    Spell (3): Cure Serious Wounds
    Spell (3): Good Hope
    Enhancement: Bard Inspired Damage II
    Enhancement: Bard Charisma II

Level 8 (Bard)
    Skill: Balance (+1)
    Spell (3): Haste
    Enhancement: Bard Improved Spell Penetration I

Level 9 (Bard)
    Skill: Balance (+2)
    Feat: (Selected) Greater Spell Penetration
    Enhancement: Improved Haggle I
    Enhancement: Bard Improved Spell Penetration II

Level 10 (Bard)
    Spell (3): Displacement
    Spell (4): Cure Critical Wounds
    Spell (4): Otto's Sphere of Dancing
    Enhancement: Human Versatility II
    Enhancement: Improved Haggle II

Level 11 (Bard)
    Spell (4): Freedom of Movement
    Enhancement: Bard Charisma III

Level 12 (Bard)
    Feat: (Selected) Greater Spell Focus: Enchantment
    Enhancement: Bard Wand and Scroll Mastery II

Level 13 (Bard)
    Spell (5): Greater Heroism
    Spell (5): Mass Cure Light Wounds
    Spell (4): Dimension Door
    Enhancement: Bard Improved Spell Penetration III

Level 14 (Bard)
    Skill: Jump (+2)
    Spell (5): Mind Fog
    Enhancement: Bard Wand and Scroll Mastery III

Level 15 (Bard)
    Skill: Diplomacy (+2)
    Feat: (Selected) Negotiator
    Enhancement: Human Versatility III
    Enhancement: Improved Haggle III

Level 16 (Bard)
    Spell (1): Remove Fear
    Spell (5): Mass Suggestion
    Spell (6): Mass Cure Moderate Wounds
    Spell (6): Otto's Irresistible Dance
    Enhancement: Human Versatility IV

Level 17 (Bard)
    Spell (2): Glitterdust
    Spell (6): Heroes Feast
    Enhancement: Bard Inspired Damage III

Level 18 (Bard)
    Skill: Balance (+3)
    Feat: (Selected) Skill Focus: Haggle
    Spell (3): Crushing Despair
    Enhancement: Bard Wand and Scroll Mastery IV

Level 19 (Bard)
    Skill: Balance (+3)
    Spell (4): Break Enchantment
    Spell (6): Mass Charm Monster
    Enhancement: Improved Haggle IV
    Enhancement: Bard Song Magic III

Level 20 (Bard)
    Skill: Perform (+3)
    Spell (5): Greater Dispel Magic
    Enhancement: Bard Musical Prodigy
    Enhancement: Bard Song Magic IV
    Last edited by LeslieWest_GuitarGod; 03-29-2012 at 08:24 AM.

Page 41 of 47 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142434445 ... LastLast