Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by arjiwan View Post
    @Leslie, thanks for this guide, very much appreciated it. I finally managed to cap my SS bard (final xp from Shroud).

At first, I was only planning to level until 12 (or when I get greater heroism, can't remember), but the journey was really fun (though not planning to TR).

Thanks again.

aaaannnnnnnd, quick question, you added a greensteel item for the haggle skills, what is the cheapest item that I can make?

Cheers!
    You are welcome.

Cheers back at ya and much good fortune to ya in the future!

PS: The greensteel item I made is single shard. Small & medium ingredients will drop for you often. Larges will take you a bit longer to acquire. I'd plan on building the greensteel I did.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Dungeons & Dragons Online Guild
    No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieWest_GuitarGod View Post
    You are welcome.

PS: The greensteel item I made is single shard. Small & medium ingredients will drop for you often. Larges will take you a bit longer to acquire. I'd plan on building the greensteel I did.
    Thanks so much for the reply.

Sorry for my lack of Comprehension skills, I skimmed and I skimmed the whole thread, I can't seem to find the greensteel item that you made. I can look it up how to make it but I can't seem to find in this thread on where (and what) the item was stated.

Sorry again

Thanks so much for the reply.

Sorry for my lack of Comprehension skills, I skimmed and I skimmed the whole thread, I can't seem to find the greensteel item that you made. I can look it up how to make it but I can't seem to find in this thread on where (and what) the item was stated.

Sorry again
    You can make a CHA skills item that adds +6 to your CHA skills. It is also a SP item. It doesn't add to any stat specifically.

The Con Opp will add +10 to your haggle but it doesn't stack with a +15 haggle item.
    Disappointed and without trust in the powers that be.
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Fansites

Quote Originally Posted by 78mackson View Post
    I always thought that vendors, mailboxes and the logout button didn't fight back :P
    Dont really use mailboxes, mostly shared bank and trade window. Mailboxes cut into my profits too much.

Sure they dont, but its fun to run into battle as well. Nothing like the fighter in the group sending you tells about how gimped hagglebards are and that you better keep songs haste and rage up, then they die fighting the raid boss. I then send a tell back, "Trying to haste you but youre outta range "
    Sarlona's FORMER #1 Piker!!
    QuiknDirty~Quikster~Quikkilla Missquik~
    Member of Roving Guns

Quote Originally Posted by SetofBs View Post
    I was on the boat in Smuggler's rest yesterday and saw a naked drow walk by. So I was compelled to investigate. I kinda chuckled to myself when she was named (just realized I can post names) something to do with haggling and being a shopaholic. She was also level 4 and had GH cast on her by a level 20 toon. I wasn't on my bard at the time so I couldn't sing her a haggle song!
    wasnt a drow, it was a black skinned human :P (i took the random gen skin)

and she has 3 million coins now xD, i have no idea how i am going to transfer it..
    adversity is something we face every day - for a true test, give someone power

Quote Originally Posted by stille_nacht View Post
    Click the arrow for Intro to Multiclassing
    Quote Originally Posted by stille_nacht View Post
    Frugal Pack Buying Guide

Default CC Spells Question

You are welcome.

LeslieWest - Your Mississippi build is great and I am up to level 11 with it.
    My question, if you don't mind, is what CC spells (by level) do you recommend on this bard? I use the glitterdust / disco ball combo all the time, as you recommended and that works great, but I was just wondering what else you use for your CC spells ?

Thanks again for this great build...

Community Member

I am not LeslieWest, but I run a similar build at level 15 right now, so I'll just give a few thoughts. I personally like dominate person, since it's like a charm person but they will follow you around like a summon. Once you have access, mass suggestion is nice as well for getting multiple mobs at once (so you hit a group of mobs and if a couple of them save, no biggie).

Quote Originally Posted by pappo View Post
    LeslieWest - Your Mississippi build is great and I am up to level 11 with it.
    My question, if you don't mind, is what CC spells (by level) do you recommend on this bard? I use the glitterdust / disco ball combo all the time, as you recommended and that works great, but I was just wondering what else you use for your CC spells ?

Thanks again for this great build...
    Thank you Pappo!

CC I've used... I've used everything but grease .. we'll at least that's all I'm admitting to in broad daylight

Seriously, whats key to Miss' CC is how OFTEN I'd go the CC route. Early & often, again & again. Relentless CC.

Hypnotize is effective as soon as you acquire it, and it works great with soundburst. Mindfog is a great 1st layer fog spell to set up your enchantments in a doorway... but seldom truly required. You can clear entire wildzones with your charms/suggests. Hold Monster. Ottos. All this stuff "stacks". Ottos irresistible is your crown jewel cc spell.

Dont forget your umd. You can have fun with arcane scrolls/wands. Enervate scrolls can really come in handy later on in areas most CC bards have major trouble in, such as Amrath.

Most importantly dont forget to use fascinate! It is slow, but hela effective to stop baddies in their tracks. Always remember the job of CC is to daze, confuse, stop the baddies in their tracks. You are "laying out the board" for your party. You are also making the Clerics/FvS's job really easy (and not just because of your CC but you capable healing/curing abilities.) You can also take a lead healer role, though you may go through more resources than a cleric/healer, but gear exists to limit those costs greatly (not to mention your haggle!)

This is the mindset I'm in when I play Mississippee.
    Last edited by LeslieWest_GuitarGod; 03-03-2011 at 04:18 PM.

No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Quikster View Post
    Dont really use mailboxes, mostly shared bank and trade window. Mailboxes cut into my profits too much.

Sure they dont, but its fun to run into battle as well. Nothing like the fighter in the group sending you tells about how gimped hagglebards are and that you better keep songs haste and rage up, then they die fighting the raid boss. I then send a tell back, "Trying to haste you but youre outta range "
    Thats why we need to take the role as "backup haster" more seriously! (@op sorry for de-railing your thread, this is the build u will really love whenever Turbine throws a party)
    Camp Naughty Bad Fun
    Jichael Mackson

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by KillEveryone View Post
    You can make a CHA skills item that adds +6 to your CHA skills. It is also a SP item. It doesn't add to any stat specifically.

The Con Opp will add +10 to your haggle but it doesn't stack with a +15 haggle item.
    Thanks for the reply.

Yup, I understand the CHA skills part. My question was, what exact item, are the items the same in terms of ingredients? Like, GS Gloves vs GS necklace, etc etc.

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply.

Yup, I understand the CHA skills part. My question was, what exact item, are the items the same in terms of ingredients? Like, GS Gloves vs GS necklace, etc etc.

Thanks!
    If you want gloves, the recipe to make the GS blank will be a little different than the GS necklace. That is really the only difference between the different items. No extra bonus gets added just because you make gloves or a necklace. All the upgrades will take the same formula.

Now...slight confusion but...for the blanks and as far as I know it is only blanks, there is a slight variation in that you can substitute a pebble for the twig when making the a part of the blank. Neither recipe gives any bonus. It will still be the same greensteel blank. It just allows you to use a ingredient that you may have several more compared to the other.

So...to put Wizadry VI +1 CHA skills, you are going to need(more ingredients but this is just a part of what you need) a small glowing arrowhead, small Gnawed bone, small twisted shrapnel, small sulfurous stone, 1 shavarath low energy cell. You then make a Inferior focus of air by combining those ingredients. This is going to be the same no matter what item you put it on. You will then need to make a Cloudy Gem of Escalation and a Diluted Ethereal Essence. You then take the Inferior Focus of Air, The Cloudy Gem of Escalation, the Diluted Ethereal Essence, a Shard of Power, and a Shavarath Low Energy Cell and combine it in the alter of Shroud part 1. This will imbue the shard. You then take the Imbued Shard, the Greensteel blank, and a Shavarath Low Energy Cell in the alter of Shroud part 1 and you have made your first upgrade to your item.

You will still get the same effects no matter what item you put it on...bracers, gloves, necklace...these will all have the ability to have the same effects as the others and nothing will be any different than any other so crafting a CHA helm won't give you a bonus aside from what you have crafted compared to gloves that you have crafted, they will still have the same abilities.

Weapons will have different effects than items so you can't really make a haggle dagger. The weapons, however, you can craft exceptional CHA on there that will increase your stat but you can't do that on items. Items you can craft your skills but you can't craft exceptional CHA on them.

So...say you have a +15 haggle on your necklace, you are going to want to put your CHA skills in a different slot. If you have your +15 haggle on your gloves, you will want that on a different slot. It doesn't matter what item you make, it will still draw its ingredients from the same pool of ingredients that you make all greensteel stuff from and it will have the same exact thing as it would be if it was made on the other item.

I think I answered your question, probably gave more info than what you are looking for but I'm not totally sure what you were asking or if you have experience crafting in the Shroud so I was trying to cover all the bases.

Here is also a good crafting planner...

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=137347

It is a link to one of the threads on this forum. Stick it on your hotbar so that you can get updates. That link will get updated typically when a new planner comes out.

There are a few others but this one has a puzzle solver that will also allow you to practice Shroud Puzzles. It really sucks having to get people out of a puzzle...5x5 is the exception since those are hard but there is no excuse for the 4x4...especially the 4x4...and really the 3x3(actually the only excuse is it is your first time in there. After that, you either need to learn how to do the puzzles or get a solver.) The Circle can be tricky sometimes. There is another thread that tells you how to solve those puzzles but the planner will let you practice outside of the Shroud itself where you don't have the pressure of the wall comming. There is also a handy dandy 3 in 1 solver. I really like it for shroud because it doesn't take much time to load...

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=163419

I really like this solver. Not into it for Reaver and I'll use the planner for Reaver. I think the planner version is better for Reaver.

If you are on Thelanis, I'll be happy to run you through the Shroud. If you have a blank made, I'll help you with your first upgrade. I have more smalls than I'll really use for anything else but I'll be happy to walk you through your first steps. Every upgrade is essentially the same process as before, you just use a medium ingredient for tier II and the alter of Shroud part 3 and a large for tier III and the alter in Shroud part 5.
    Last edited by KillEveryone; 03-03-2011 at 09:55 PM.
    Disappointed and without trust in the powers that be.
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Fansites

Community Member

*Snip*
    Thanks again and +1.

I have the basic idea in crafting and I also use the link that you provided. I was thinking that if you compare the GS blank <accessory 1> vs <accessory 2>, accessory 1 is cheaper. Correct me if I am wrong, they are going to be the same. I guess I'll craft a blank that doesn't include Chipmunk funk.

Some of the gear setup for my haggle bard is:
    15+ haggle skill pirate hat
    2+ luck bonus buccaneer ring

So the haggle skill is covered, I need to craft the GS item for the exceptional bonus to CHA skill to push it even further.

f you are on Thelanis, I'll be happy to run you through the Shroud.
    Thanks for the offer, too bad I am on Cannith.

Thank you Pappo!

CC I've used... I've used everything but grease .. we'll at least that's all I'm admitting to in broad daylight

Seriously, whats key to Miss' CC is how OFTEN I'd go the CC route. Early & often, again & again. Relentless CC.

Hypnotize is effective as soon as you acquire it, and it works great with soundburst. Mindfog is a great 1st layer fog spell to set up your enchantments in a doorway... but seldom truly required. You can clear entire wildzones with your charms/suggests. Hold Monster. Ottos. All this stuff "stacks". Ottos irresistible is your crown jewel cc spell.

This is the mindset I'm in when I play Mississippee.
    Thanks Leslie - That is what I was interested in learning about CC, and I totally agree about the "healer role". On many PUG's I have surprised the group by stepping up and healing and raise dead with scrolls when they never expected it after the cleric went down.
    This build really does it all when it comes to CC/Healing/Buffs
    Great build.

Hi got my haggle bard up to level 16, almost 17 now, just got to run sacrifices to flag for shroud.

I would like to ask how do you play this build in shroud, basically part 4 and 5? Do you hit the party with mass cure moderates while they are attacking harry? so you use scrolls as well?

Part 1 I guess buff, beat on portals, part 2 buff, CC, heal, help dps on bosses,, part 3 puzzles, heal, run water, haste. Part 4-5 buff heal? CC in early part of part 4?

Im sure that you went over it somewhere on this thread but its, huge been looking for that section for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    Hi got my haggle bard up to level 16, almost 17 now, just got to run sacrifices to flag for shroud.

I would like to ask how do you play this build in shroud, basically part 4 and 5? Do you hit the party with mass cure moderates while they are attacking harry? so you use scrolls as well?

Part 1 I guess buff, beat on portals, part 2 buff, CC, heal, help dps on bosses,, part 3 puzzles, heal, run water, haste. Part 4-5 buff heal? CC in early part of part 4?

Im sure that you went over it somewhere on this thread but its, huge been looking for that section for a while.
    On Mississippee my main role is to heal in part 4 & 5 of the Shroud. I'll ensure the clerics/favored souls are topped off and I'll spot heal to ensure noone goes down. I've solo healed it, but its no easy task for a new bard. In the beginning, think of your role as making the "job" of the cleric/fvs easy. I love that role and you can help make a pug or guild group go smooth Swiss clockwork.

Community Member

I know I am not one of the vets of this thread, if I may, I would like to share my shroud experiences. I spam mass cure light and mass cure mod. Especially when the blades comes close to the melees.

Usually, I take care of the arcanes also, WF and fleshies. Carrying Harm scrolls for PM, Heal for fleshies and Reconstruct for WFs. You can also heal the healers themselves so that they don't need to switch targets. It makes it easier for the main healers to focus on the center with Harry.

It is hard for me to be the main healer since I don't have maximise / empower feat to boost my healing and I don't have uber gear. Ardor and Empower healing still lacks some punch.

For longer fights, I usually replenish SP and SP discount songs for the casters / healers.

Hope I could help even for a bit.

Cheers!

Cheers!
    That is pretty much exactly what I do!

I will add that I hit any other party healers/casters with spell song vigor. Most importantly however be CERTAIN to have resist fire/prot and fireshield scrolls. Fireshield Cold is your best defense against the fire attacks of the pit fiend.

I know I am not one of the vets of this thread, if I may, I would like to share my shroud experiences. I spam mass cure light and mass cure mod. Especially when the blades comes close to the melees.

Usually, I take care of the arcanes also, WF and fleshies. Carrying Harm scrolls for PM, Heal for fleshies and Reconstruct for WFs. You can also heal the healers themselves so that they don't need to switch targets. It makes it easier for the main healers to focus on the center with Harry.

It is hard for me to be the main healer since I don't have maximise / empower feat to boost my healing and I don't have uber gear. Ardor and Empower healing still lacks some punch.

For longer fights, I usually replenish SP and SP discount songs for the casters / healers.

Cheers!
    Thanks mate, I never thought of carrying harm scrolls .

Ive got empowered healing, I think I will get maximize at level 18, so that should help.

Community Member

That is pretty much exactly what I do!
    Of course, I got my build only from the best! (yeah yeah, I admit, I am patronizing you )

Thanks mate, I never thought of carrying harm scrolls .
    I have that fuzzy feeling everytime there is a "oh $h*t moment" where you will surprise the running frantically dying PM with a Harm.

Got a few questions:

First I'm following this part:

STANDING HAGGLE:

23: Ranks
    13: Charisma of 36 (I ate a +1 CHA tome)
    15: Haggle +15 item
    03: Feat: Skill Focus (Haggle)
    02: Feat: Negotiator
    04: Enhancement (Haggle IV)
    02: Luck Item (head of Good Fortune)
    06: Greensteel CHA skills +6 item

Which equals 68. What I have different is a Cha of 38 which gives me a +14. Which still gives me a 68 for some odd reason. My greensteel is a +6 cha with a +3 exceptional cha on it. I'm not sure what the 6 you have listed is for. Could you list what the recipe is for the item or weapon you made was.

So I can get a 78 haggle but I thought it should be 79 with a cha of 38.

Also where do you get the house deneith potions from?

And those that want an easy +2 luck item get the level 20 tier 3 ring from the pirates event. Should beable to farm that up in a day give or take.

Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast