Page 35 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zero_Tolerance View Post
    What is the reason for Spell Pen feat at lvl9 in the build on first page? Is this really necessary that early? [if at all]
    I found the spell pen feat helpful to deal with clerics. However, taking the spell focus enchantments first then the spell pen feats is more traditional, and ok by me.

For this build who relies so heavily on crowd control I considered (and still do consider) spell pen necessary.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Dungeons & Dragons Online Guild
    No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

Just an update on my goals of Mississippee Queen build:

* One is maximum profit for my guild and myself.
    * Two, was to have fun dominating at crowd control.
    * Three was to be able to heal.

Miss is constantly busy setting up the mobs for the melees and doing above average healing wile taking very little damage. She makes an amazing contribution to guild based runs and well behaved pugs. I can use my CC to assist the party or to set up kills myself.

Toughness is really recommended nowadays. (I'd probably shave off the negotiator feat)

There is a ton of gear that can be crafted or found that can boost hit points

Here's a little HP math--

Con 14 + 3 tome + 6 Item + 3 Exceptional + 1 Litany + 1 Human = 28 CON

120 Bard
    020 Heroic
    010 Draconic
    180 Constitution
    030 Racial
    030 GFL
    045 Greensteel item (or get out to Reavers Refuge and make some elemental HP DT armor! Careful these 2 do NOT stack!!)
    022 Toughness
    020 Minos Helm
    ----------
    477 Badda bing.

* Greensteel Bracers - Concordiant Opposition (45Hps, +6 WIS)
    Last edited by LeslieWest_GuitarGod; 02-18-2011 at 09:58 AM.

No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

Every bard worth their salt, likes to sing, and play a lil guitar....

Chuck Berry's Round and Round
    by Leslie West & Dee Snider (of Twisted Sister fame)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwOqmbGQDFQ

I havn't read all of the postings here, but haven't found any talk Half-elf here. And wondered if this would fit into the build and if so what feats and Dilettante feat should be taken, Sorc?

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_storm View Post
    I havn't read all of the postings here, but haven't found any talk Half-elf here. And wondered if this would fit into the build and if so what feats and Dilettante feat should be taken, Sorc?
    You could play a half-elf. Losing a feat would not be worth it in my opinion, though.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_storm View Post
    The problem with the caster dilettantes is that you can UMD pretty much anything on a build like this so they are kinda pointless IMO. Probably the pally dilly makes the most sense but I can't really see giving up a feat for it.

true, was interested since you can get a mixed class and can stay pure bard. I didn't know if the one less feat for one level of a different class would be worth it. Thanks for the input. I wonder if you can get one of the required feats from one of the dilettante class choices?

Revised

Scratch the last feat question. I see its not very plausible. You would have to drop one feat like toughness and bump up con through the Barbarian Dilettante feat (barbarian constitution) and improved human adaptation consitution (this still would leave 22 hp less). The skills would be -4 less so diplomacy or another skill would be less or dropped, unless you drop strength to 15 and make intelligence ability 10 then skills would work but your at one modifier less. Its too bad would of like a half-elf bard.
    Last edited by Winter_storm; 02-19-2011 at 05:56 PM.

Community Member

im still new so i have a question. i started to follow the original build and got to level 8,
    do i need to start over, or can i just pick up on the second build?
    if life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
    if life gives you pickles, well you're screwed. because pickleade sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by thouston View Post
    im still new so i have a question. i started to follow the original build and got to level 8,
    do i need to start over, or can i just pick up on the second build?
    You should be fine thouston, since the stats are exactly the same.

Just swap toughness in at level 1 with Fred. (swap toughness in, for the feat you took at level 1).
    Then, reset enhancements if you need to, to qualify for the Spellsinger PrE.

Community Member

ok, will do. thanks for sharing your knowledge
    if life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
    if life gives you pickles, well you're screwed. because pickleade sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by thouston View Post
    ok, will do. thanks for sharing your knowledge
    Anytime! Best of luck and have fun singin'

Finally hit over 500 hp buffed on my hagglebard (barely).

So now sitting at 507 hp buffed, 100ish haggle depending on how much i want to buff, and 28 str. Just need to make that sos epic now (as well as a few other items...)
    Sarlona's FORMER #1 Piker!!
    QuiknDirty~Quikster~Quikkilla Missquik~
    Member of Roving Guns

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Quikster View Post

So now sitting at 507 hp buffed, 100ish haggle depending on how much i want to buff, and 28 str. Just need to make that sos epic now (as well as a few other items...)
    So what's YOUR hp break down? lol :P

Quote Originally Posted by skepticalsoul View Post
    I included my breakdown of 477 points.. achievable with 14 base con in the OP. Hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by skepticalsoul View Post
    Pretty similar to what L posted. I have a couple more points in con, and a sfl item now. Still need to upgrade my hp item to tier III though. Thats raged and yugo poted btw.
    Sarlona's FORMER #1 Piker!!
    QuiknDirty~Quikster~Quikkilla Missquik~
    Member of Roving Guns

Community Member

Default Thanks!

@Leslie, thanks for this guide, very much appreciated it. I finally managed to cap my SS bard (final xp from Shroud).

At first, I was only planning to level until 12 (or when I get greater heroism, can't remember), but the journey was really fun (though not planning to TR).

Thanks again.

aaaannnnnnnd, quick question, you added a greensteel item for the haggle skills, what is the cheapest item that I can make?

Cheers!

i used vet stat to make a 27 haggle bard level 4 :]
    adversity is something we face every day - for a true test, give someone power

Quote Originally Posted by stille_nacht View Post
    Click the arrow for Intro to Multiclassing
    Frugal Pack Buying Guide

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Quikster View Post
    ...)
    I always thought that vendors, mailboxes and the logout button didn't fight back :P
    Camp Naughty Bad Fun
    Jichael Mackson

Community Member

i used vet stat to make a 27 haggle bard level 4 :]
    I was on the boat in Smuggler's rest yesterday and saw a naked drow walk by. So I was compelled to investigate. I kinda chuckled to myself when she was named (just realized I can post names) something to do with haggling and being a shopaholic. She was also level 4 and had GH cast on her by a level 20 toon. I wasn't on my bard at the time so I couldn't sing her a haggle song!

Page 35 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast