Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    hate joining groups and getting "your not a warchanter?" and you get the feeling that people are looking at you like your something naughty that the dog has done on the carpet.
    never really had that tbh
    Server: Thelanis
    Guild: Fallen Immortals
    Toons: Soza, Sozz, Sozza, Sossa (bards)

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

FYI: Guild General Vendor still costs 5x more for normal repairs (was supposed to be fixed in Update 7).

Also, they just stealth-nerfed the Sell rate (again). Was originally 16.5% when Update 5 came out, then 14% with Update 5.1, now 10% with Update 7.

It is now better to sell to a barkeep in the Harbor (or anywhere else you have done the favor reward).

DON'T SELL OR REPAIR AT THE GUILD GENERAL VENDOR IN HOUSE K.
    Author of Info Blue UI Skin (Really wish Turbine would update the skinning interface and enable all the new UI parts.)
    If you don't have an SSD, you should be using DDOPreload (fixes the slow first login issue)

Quote Originally Posted by Backley View Post
    FYI: Guild General Vendor still costs 5x more for normal repairs (was supposed to be fixed in Update 7).

Also, they just stealth-nerfed the Sell rate (again). Was originally 16.5% when Update 5 came out, then 14% with Update 5.1, now 10% with Update 7.

It is now better to sell to a barkeep in the Harbor (or anywhere else you have done the favor reward).

Wow thank you for this information Backley. Very appreciative for your efforts, regardless of the fact that I don't like a word of it.

+1

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Dungeons & Dragons Online Guild
    No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    *beats the General Vendor with a training dummy* BAD VENDOR, BAD!

Sorry about that, it sounds like something reverted. We'll whip the guild vendor into submission yet!
    So, that will be fixed, sometime.
    Author of Info Blue UI Skin (Really wish Turbine would update the skinning interface and enable all the new UI parts.)
    If you don't have an SSD, you should be using DDOPreload (fixes the slow first login issue)

You know, I've thought about this for a long time, but...

One thing I haven't ever seen discussed on caster forums is the U5 level 1 spell that was added, Sonic Blast (or some such)

Basically acting as a single-target Soundburst.

Is this a yay or nay spell?

I ask here because it's a sonic-based spell, so it seems Bards would be more interested, Spellsingers most so.

In more on-topic news, I think I'll give the Queen (though for me, that means something ENTIRELY different, lol) another go. To Khyber!
    The guy who likes to experience every class. Except Fighter >:[ I don't like you Fighter.
    Hey Devs! Let's give Warpriests and Eldritch Knights some loving, kay? :<

+1 from me too, I hadnt noticed by myself. Is there a thread addressing the stealth nerf of the guild vendor, beside this one? Others surly want to know too.
    EDIT: Never mind, here it is: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=280998
    Last edited by Jiirix; 10-21-2010 at 02:06 AM.
    BowHealer - The "Healer with legendary CC"-project: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...h-legendary-CC
    The Dungeons and Dragons Webcomic THE ORDER OF THE STICK BY RICH BURLEW
    http://www.giantitp.com/comics/ootscast.html

Code:
    Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 3.34 
    DDO Character Planner Home Page  

LifeBuyer DeathMonger
    Level 20 True Neutral Human Female 
    (20 Bard) 
    Hit Points: 200 
    Spell Points: 975 

BAB: 15/15/20/2525 
    Fortitude: 9 
    Reflex: 11 
    Will: 11 

Starting    Feat/Enhancement 
    Abilities    Base Stats    Modified Stats 
    (32 Point)    (Level 1)      (Level 20) 
    Strength           16                18 
    Dexterity           8                 8 
    Constitution       14                16 
    Intelligence        8                 8 
    Wisdom              8                 8 
    Charisma           18                31 

Tomes Used 
    +2 Tome of Strength used at level 7 
    +2 Tome of Constitution used at level 7 
    +2 Tome of Charisma used at level 7 

Starting      Feat/Enhancement 
                 Base Skills  Modified Skills 
    Skills       (Level 1)      (Level 20) 
    Balance            3              22 
    Bluff              4              10 
    Concentration      6              30 
    Diplomacy          4              12 
    Disable Device     n/a            n/a 
    Haggle             8              42 
    Heal               -1             -1 
    Hide               -1             -1 
    Intimidate         4              10 
    Jump               7              27 
    Listen             -1             -1 
    Move Silently      -1             -1 
    Open Lock          n/a            n/a 
    Perform            8              33 
    Repair             -1             -1 
    Search             -1             -1 
    Spot               -1             -1 
    Swim               3              4 
    Tumble             n/a            n/a 
    Use Magic Device   8              35 

Level 1 (Bard) 
    Feat: (Selected) Empower Healing Spell 
    Feat: (Human Bonus) Spell Focus: Enchantment 

Level 2 (Bard) 

Level 3 (Bard) 
    Feat: (Selected) Spell Penetration 

Level 4 (Bard) 
    Enhancement: Bard Lingering Song I 
    Enhancement: Human Versatility I 
    Enhancement: Human Versatility II 
    Enhancement: Bard Concentration I 
    Enhancement: Bard Concentration II 
    Enhancement: Bard Haggle I 
    Enhancement: Bard Lyric of Song I 
    Enhancement: Bard Song Magic I 
    Enhancement: Bard Song Magic II 
    Enhancement: Bard Energy of the Music I 
    Enhancement: Bard Charisma I 
    Enhancement: Bard Wand Mastery I 

Level 5 (Bard) 

Level 6 (Bard) 
    Feat: (Selected) Extend Spell 

Level 7 (Bard) 

Level 8 (Bard) 
    Enhancement: Bard Lingering Song II 
    Enhancement: Human Adaptability Charisma I 
    Enhancement: Bard Lyric of Song II 
    Enhancement: Bard Improved Spell Penetration I 
    Enhancement: Bard Energy of the Music II 
    Enhancement: Bard Charisma II 
    Enhancement: Bard Wand Mastery II 

Level 9 (Bard) 
    Feat: (Selected) Greater Spell Penetration 

Level 10 (Bard) 

Level 11 (Bard) 

Level 12 (Bard) 
    Feat: (Selected) Greater Spell Focus: Enchantment 
    Enhancement: Barrd Spellsinger I 
    Enhancement: Human Versatility III 
    Enhancement: Bard Haggle II 
    Enhancement: Bard Song Magic III 

Level 13 (Bard) 

Level 14 (Bard) 

Level 15 (Bard) 
    Feat: (Selected) Negotiator 

Level 16 (Bard) 
    Enhancement: Human Versatility IV 
    Enhancement: Bard Improved Spell Penetration II 
    Enhancement: Bard Energy of the Music III 
    Enhancement: Bard Charisma III 

Level 17 (Bard) 

Level 18 (Bard) 
    Feat: (Selected) Skill Focus: Haggle 

Level 19 (Bard) 

Level 20 (Bard) 
    Enhancement: Bard Musical Prodigy 
    Enhancement: Human Improved Recovery I 
    Enhancement: Bard Haggle III 
    Enhancement: Bard Haggle IV 
    Enhancement: Bard Improved Spell Penetration III
    And what do u think about mine??
    It's a full CC/haggle build ^_^
    (there are two point Left for SpellSinger II) ^_^
    U think it could be usefull or just silly?
    Last edited by Nephilia; 10-21-2010 at 10:32 AM.
    ALL HAIL TO ITS SQUISHY-MAJESTY SIR KNORR, LORD OF OOZES AND MASTER OF SLIME
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=386688

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Default Go reset your enhancements

Everyone note that Update 7 removed the Bard: Haggle racial enhancement line and created a new Skill: Haggle enhancement line.

The result should be the same, but you have to go reset your enhancements and add the new version. The old version has been removed from you without refunding the AP.

So, you will be down 4 Haggle until you go reset and redo your enhancements.

Everyone note that Update 7 removed the Bard: Haggle racial enhancement line and created a new Skill: Haggle enhancement line.

The result should be the same, but you have to go reset your enhancements and add the new version. The old version has been removed from you without refunding the AP.

So, you will be down 4 Haggle until you go reset and redo your enhancements.
    Ah ok, i didn't know that ^_^
    I create this build yesterday getting inspiration from this beautiful and interesting thread
    So no problem!! I've spent nothing yet, fortunately

What about utility in dungeons?

Quote Originally Posted by Nephilia View Post
    Ah ok, i didn't know that ^_^
    I create this build yesterday getting inspiration from this beautiful and interesting thread
    So no problem!! I've spent nothing yet, fortunately

What about utility in dungeons?
    Some simple tips:

Your best weapons are crowd control. Hypnotise and Soundburst are awesome at low level. Hypnotise you can still hit in mid and high level. Otto's at close range is sweet. Fascinate will work out of the box.

Keep experimenting with stacking your CC. Due to arcane spell failure keep your armor to no higher than light.

You can go "sword and board" in the beginning. Seek out the best potency/devotion/spell pen weapons & gear for each level..

Finally seek out good staffs to melee with. Masters touch + martial weapons might be lethargic or not depending on your PC and patience. Me personally I threw so much CC around that I rarely bothered with weapons in early/mid levels.

Stay constantly busy, utilizing your mana for relentless cc and healing. Learn to multitask. Your UMD will allow you to carry all sorts of wands & scrolls to heal/cure the party. Staying well stocked on all these essentials will elevate your value in groups. Cant tell you how many times I out-healed the clerics.

You'll be able to acquire a vorpal, paralizer, cursespuing, shattermantle, descruction weapons. You'll want to find/purchase burst/puncture picks for autocrit mobs. Hold Monster will put many mobs in an autocrit state. My casting and melee game with Mississippe is simple. Handicap the opposing team. Make the quest easy for the cleric/FvS. If you are feeling froggy, you can solo heal most quests if that's something that suites your style.

Good luck!!!
    Last edited by LeslieWest_GuitarGod; 10-22-2010 at 03:50 AM.

No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieWest_GuitarGod View Post
    Some simple tips:

Your best weapons are crowd control. Hypnotise and Soundburst are awesome at low level. Hypnotise you can still hit in mid and high level. Otto's at close range is sweet. Fascinate will work out of the box.

Keep experimenting with stacking your CC. Due to arcane spell failure keep your armor to no higher than light.

You can go "sword and board" in the beginning. Seek out the best potency/devotion/spell pen weapons & gear for each level..

Finally seek out good staffs to melee with. Masters touch + martial weapons might be lethargic or not depending on your PC and patience. Me personally I threw so much CC around that I rarely bothered with weapons in early/mid levels.

Stay constantly busy, utilizing your mana for relentless cc and healing. Learn to multitask. Your UMD will allow you to carry all sorts of wands & scrolls to heal/cure the party. Staying well stocked on all these essentials will elevate your value in groups. Cant tell you how many times I out-healed the clerics.

You'll be able to acquire a vorpal, paralizer, cursespuing, shattermantle, descruction weapons. You'll want to find/purchase burst/puncture picks for autocrit mobs. Hold Monster will put many mobs in an autocrit state. My casting and melee game with Mississippe is simple. Handicap the opposing team. Make the quest easy for the cleric/FvS. If you are feeling froggy, you can solo heal most quests if that's something that suites your style.

Good luck!!!
    Thanks for the tips
    I had a bard lv 20 (Sergarrick Bardrow of Ghallanda) and it was an hybrid build... good CC, discrete melee good Charisma but nothing really maxed up
    Now i'm playing with a friends of mine (i made her a TWF-DROW-WC) and this one i think should be a good supporter to her

I know pretty well how to play a bard (as said i had one until few days ago) but i really dunno if the Haggle-CC bard i made could be really effective on high level or, even, on epics.
    I think that my CHA (i should easily reach 44) and my perform must put me in a irresistible fascinate condition, but i'm not sure about that.
    My doubt come from the missed +attack/+damage on my songs.
    Unfortunatly, due to the gaming-mode i choose to act with this toon, i was almost forced to drop em, so i really dunno if this build, that surely shall be real funny to play, could be even effective.
    What do u think about that?
    Thanks in advice and anyway thanks to u Guitargod for inspiration i had from your thread

About equipment... i want a holy/+1 exc cha/+2exc cha GS (not Char 6 on tier 1 cause i've a lot of epic stuff and i think i can easily craft a +7 item ) !
    +6 and lot of mana GS item and another one that gimme the 45hp and some useless skill and guard
    For melee the best staff i can think about is surely an unlocked Dreamspitter (good sinergy with autocrit)
    Napkin for sure.

About other items to use i've no idea O_O
    What do u suggest me?? ^^
    Thanks again a lot ^^
    Last edited by Nephilia; 10-22-2010 at 04:32 AM.

What do u suggest me?? ^^ Thanks again a lot ^^
    Well, for you I'd roll a warchanter version of the Queen. That would open up weapon proficiency. I'd go two handed, probably a greataxe or falcion. But if you have TWF drow thing groovin then go with that, but I'd be concerned with your to-hit. Definitely I'd focus in on that, aka invest in the drow dps enhancements.

Pure bard, max Cha. Same stats I used. replace the 2 haggle feats with prereqs for warchanter. Done & Done!

PS: for greensteel options, sky is the limit. All depends on the OTHER gear that you have of course...

Greensteel I like:
    - Wiz VI, 150 mana, lightning strike guard, +6 cha skills
    - 45 HP / 6 wis / concordant opposition
    - anything with guards... love the debuffs: destruction, enervation, etc

also some favs:
    Encusted Ring, (Frenzied Berzeker Set bonus / 6 str / +3 ex. str)
    Ring: Shintao ring with 20% healing amp
    Epic Marilith Chain (Seeker +10 / DR/5 Evil / Evil Guard / -15% Arcane Spell Failure)

Grazie for the very kind words!
    Last edited by LeslieWest_GuitarGod; 10-22-2010 at 04:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieWest_GuitarGod View Post
    Well, for you I'd roll a warchanter version of the Queen. That would open up weapon proficiency. I'd go two handed, probably a greataxe or falcion.

Pure bard, max Cha. Same stats I used. replace the 2 haggle feats with prereqs for warchanter. Done & Done!

PS: for greensteel options, sky is the limit. All depends on the OTHER gear that you have of course...

Greensteel I like:
    - Wiz VI, 150 mana, lightning strike guard, +6 cha skills
    - 45 HP / 6 wis / concordant opposition
    - anything with guards... love the debuffs: destruction, enervation, etc

also some favs:
    Encusted Ring, (Frenzied Berzeker Set bonus / 6 str / +3 ex. str)
    Ring: Shintao ring with 20% healing amp
    Epic Marilith Chain (Seeker +10 / DR/5 Evil / Evil Guard / -15% Arcane Spell Failure)

Grazie for the very kind words!
    My friend will run the WC so i want to run the CC ^_^
    (Good tips about her equip even if i haven't Amrath yet... but i'll put remedy on it XD)
    Her DPS (like everyone's DPS) should works pretty well against debuffed, blocked and handicapped mobs, shouldn't it?
    So my ideas was to max damage songs on her and max CC (SP, DC and whatever a caster need) to be the most efficient i can ^_^
    Is that a bad idea about u?
    What i need to know is: my build could be usefull or it's a **** one only good to be dumped like a used napkin XD
    (i'm asking that cause i think u surely are more expert than me and i'll trust in your suggestions )
    Last edited by Nephilia; 10-22-2010 at 04:52 AM.

What i need to know is: my build could be usefull or it's a **** one only good to be dumped like a used napkin XD
    (i'm asking that cause i think u surely are more expert than me and i'll trust in your suggestions )
    As for giving you a judgment on the worth of your current bard build, I'd have to see all the stats and feats/enhancements/spells. The magic of a bard is in the subtleties. Since all bards are generalists in a way, it's SO EASY to gimp him/her. It sounds like you have a strong idea of what you want and thats the most important part. The fact you care about this part, is half the battle won!

So, if you post a mock up of your build here, I'll be more than happy to talk specifics, and im sure other's will chime in as well.

Here they are

Code:
    Stats:
    (i've lot of money and tomes so i can use a +2 on each stat if needed but let's assume i'll use em only to raise most important!)
    Str: 16 (base) + 6 (item) + 2 (tome) = 24 maybe i can raise it if worthed but i think i'll fight most of time with blocked foes so i don't think it's so important (and it's not my role doing damage anyway, or not?) ;)
    Cos: 14 (base) + 6 (item) + 2 (tome) = 22 not bad at all and maybe i will raise it up!! Maybe is more usefull, due to my support role, start with 14 str and 16 cons... more life = less white skull on me :P!
    Cha: 18 (base) + 6 [item for sure (maybe +7 but let's assume 6)] + 3 (exc: easy to catch on a cheap Pos-Pos-Pos GS!) + 4 (enhancement) + 5 (lv) + 2 (capstone) + 2 (spellsinger chant) + 2 (tome) = 42 easy to have!!!

Feats: 
    1)	Feat: (Selected) Empower Healing Spell 
    	Feat: (Human Bonus) Spell Focus: Enchantment 
    3)	Feat: (Selected) Spell Penetration 
    6)	Feat: (Selected) Extend Spell 
    9)	Feat: (Selected) Greater Spell Penetration 
    12)	Feat: (Selected) Greater Spell Focus: Enchantment
    15)	Feat: (Selected) Negotiator 
    18)	Feat: (Selected) Skill Focus: Haggle

Enhancements: 
    Enhancement: Bard Musical Prodigy 
    Enhancement: Human Adaptability Charisma I 
    Enhancement: Bard Lingering Song I
    Enhancement: Bard Concentration II
    Enhancement: Bard Spellsinger II  
    Enhancement: Bard Wand Mastery II
    Enhancement: Bard Lyric of Song III
    Enhancement: Bard Charisma III
    Enhancement: Bard Improved Spell Penetration III 
    Enhancement: Bard Song Magic III 
    Enhancement: Bard Energy of the Music III 
    Enhancement: Bard Haggle IV
    Enhancement: Human Versatility IV 

Spells (end game): 
    Lv 1: 
    	Master's Touch
    	Hypnotism
    	Focusing Chant
    	Otto Resistable Dance
    	Charme Person
    Lv 2:
    	Glitterdust
    	Rage
    	Soundburst
    	Suggestion
    	Blur
    Lv 3:
    	Crushing despair
    	Charme
    	Displacement
    	Haste
    	Slow
    Lv 4:
    	Dimensional Door
    	Hold Monster
    	Otto's Dance Sphere
    	Freedom of Movement
    	Cure Critical Wounds
    Lv 5:
    	Mass Suggestion
    	Greater Heroism
    	Mind Fog
    	Cure Light Wounds, Mass
    	Greater Dispell Magic
    Lv 6:
    	Cure Moderate Wounds, Mass
    	Charme Monster, Mass
    	Otto's Irresistible Dance
    	Greater Shout
    Last edited by Nephilia; 10-25-2010 at 06:53 AM.

Community Member

Default New shield from Chronosphere raid: +3 enhancement bonus to Haggle

The Chronosphere raid includes this item:
    Battered Marketplace Shield

Includes:
    +3 enhancement bonus to Haggle

This stacks with a normal +15 competence bonus item.

Community Member

rolled her tonight...let my lady design her looks heh

ive never ran a bard, what gear am i lookin for/at?

all my toons are clerics, fighter,barbs n raners...so my gear is kinda that relm of stuff

just wanted to say hey love the build, what about gear, raid loot etc? i know nothing on bards loot to strive for

ty
    A Whole stable of toons. Capped Cleric Asiob, Cleric/Rogue Asiobeth, Fighter Kutzzz, Barbarian Ziggyjr, Slim Shady Exploiter Ranger, Zigbang.

About U7... Skill enhancement cost has been reduced, I know that!
    But it means that each level got now a cost reduced by 1 (so, for example, Haggle 1=1, 2=1, 3=2, 4=3) or each level cost 1 (and in this case Haggle 1=1, 2=1, 3=1, 4=1) ??
    It's a silly question, i know, but i've some network issues those days and i can check it by myself!!!
    thanks

About U7... Skill enhancement cost has been reduced, I know that!
    But it means that each level got now a cost reduced by 1 (so, for example, Haggle 1=1, 2=1, 3=2, 4=3) or each level cost 1 (and in this case Haggle 1=1, 2=1, 3=1, 4=1) ??
    It's a silly question, i know, but i've some network issues those days and i can check it by myself!!!
    thanks
    All "Improved (Skill)" Enhancements cost 1 AP for each tier, so Improved Haggle I is 1 AP all the way to Improved Haggle 4 at 1 AP.
    Quote Originally Posted by macubrae View Post
    A Dwarf's beard should be thick, strong and long enough to tuck under your belt (to keep kobolds from swinging on it and giants from swinging us by them).

Quote Originally Posted by sacredguyver View Post
    All "Improved (Skill)" Enhancements cost 1 AP for each tier, so Improved Haggle I is 1 AP all the way to Improved Haggle 4 at 1 AP.
    Thanks a lot ^_^
    In this case i should get back a lot of AP in my HaggleBard (6 for haggle IV + 1 for Conc II) *_____*

Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast