Page 24 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Anderei View Post
    envy much?
    says the man who hides his rep.

Quote Originally Posted by BoBoDaClown View Post
    Wasn't it a long-winded, convoluted way of saying 'good job'?
    oh that happens if you just read the first half the post and then scan over the rest supposing it just goes on the same way. well sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunga View Post
    Here, in this platypus, we have a guy who cares about a build and supports the **** out of it.

So, mugs up and props, my man.

While I don't see a haggle bard in my near (or remote) future, good job and keep it up.
    Hahaha... I must say, that was one heck of an entertaining albeit time consuming way to say thank you...I know you are sincere and I do very much appreciate it... But, even tho I truly don't give rat's blowhole, I must ask you.... wheres my rep ya cheap bast_d!!!
    Last edited by LeslieWest_GuitarGod; 04-30-2010 at 04:11 PM.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Dungeons & Dragons Online Guild
    No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

Quote Originally Posted by Anderei View Post
    envy much?
    i dont think i ever actually laughed out loud for real until this moment thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Gunga View Post
    How could this haggle bard thread have 58,065 views and 457 posts? What causes such phenomena to occur?

Around page 5, I began to smirk. This is good stuff indeed. Could the popularity of this thread, the magic behind this one-hit wonder superfad craze, be single-handedly perpetuated by one man's feverish fancy for forum fame?

Out of 457 posts, 172 were Leslie's own blathering.

38% - averaging 7.5 per page.
    asked and answered props though seriously it seems like a lot of folks cant see through something as simple as that so you give me some hope in humanity no worries though im sure some other human will come ruin it again soon

5. 04-30-2010, 05:26 PM

Community Member

Unhappy Sorry

Sorry if this was already asked but, wouldn't a Drow work better? With the more CHA it gets at start.

Again sorry if this has already been asked, I didn't feel like reading 25 pages to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilpitfall View Post
    Sorry if this was already asked but, wouldn't a Drow work better? With the more CHA it gets at start.

Again sorry if this has already been asked, I didn't feel like reading 25 pages to find out.
    With human, you get the Human Versatility skill boost, which is +5 at tier IV.
    --
    Originally posted by C-Dog

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck but it's undead, then it's an undead duck.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morningfrost View Post
    With human, you get the Human Versatility skill boost, which is +5 at tier IV.
    Thanks for explaining it.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilpitfall View Post

One can argue that a Drow might make a better Bard (depending on Barding style) due to higher starting CHA, but it is pretty clear that the best Haggler would be a Human due to the HV skill boost. There are many tradeoffs and some of them work on trying to assume how good a CHA tome you will pull by end game (+3 ? or even +4????) due to odd / even CHA stat results.

Both however can be HIGHLY effective in the haggle role.

The best haggle bard however is the one with another Bard and a Monk friend at their beck and call (F2P account anyone?...at least for the bard competence song) since those boosts far overshadow a CHA point or two.
    Sarlona - The Ko Brotherhood :Jareko-Elf Ranger12Rogue8+4E; Hennako-Human Cleric22; Rukio-Human Paladin18; Taellya-Halfling Rogue16; Zenako-Dwarf Fighter10Cleric1; Daniko-Drow Bard20; Kerriganko-Human Cleric18; Buket-WF Fighter6; Xenophilia-Human Wiz20; Zenakotwo-Dwarf Cleric16; Yadnomko-Halfling Ftr12; Gabiko-Human Bard15; lots more

Not a huge fan of the build for anything other than a haggle bot. It's a badass song though. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFhM1XZsh6o

You know what I mean?
    Yields
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue13 View Post
    wow! i have already forgotten how nice it was not to have comfy trolling the forums. A few guilds run the settings you are looking for. try sending an in game tell or hitting their lfm's. that is if your not on their squelch lists.

Community Member

Ok read thru whole thread and had a question that was'nt asked. Why did you choose to go true neutral vs neutral good? Is there any reason in regards to gear choice or questing? Was it just personal choice?

And will add enjoyed the read.

Quote Originally Posted by dhoro View Post
    Ok read thru whole thread and had a question that was'nt asked. Why did you choose to go true neutral vs neutral good? Is there any reason in regards to gear choice or questing? Was it just personal choice?

You don't need to go good because you have enough UMD to use anything Pure Good.
    Yields
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue13 View Post
    wow! i have already forgotten how nice it was not to have comfy trolling the forums. A few guilds run the settings you are looking for. try sending an in game tell or hitting their lfm's. that is if your not on their squelch lists.

Wasn't it a long-winded, convoluted way of saying 'good job'?
    short answer...no
    Sabbat-Ghallanda
    looking for a good frog

Community Member

i would like to thank for this thread, it is a very nice build and i can tell you i never had so much fun.

GLITTERDUST should be taken as soon as possible, this is one of the best spell Bard do have, it does also blind undeads. best CC honestly, imho better than otto sphere since it does work on undead.

Also i dont see the point taking Spell penetration early, should get focus and greater focus before.

As a rule, you should get a melee hireling on lower level as he will have nice hp, wont dps much, but will mitigate the damage.

Once you get to level 8 Flare is a boomstick... you cant afford to not have him, he'll blast everything (beside taming the flame) and he'll never oom, unless you really a bad manager...

Im actually level 10, it took me less than a week with about 3-4 hour a day on this character.

When you get FoM, it is time to go clean the lower level Elites, as you wont have to bother about being paralyzed and such, and flare will be by your side clearing everything.
    Last edited by Halaryel; 05-02-2010 at 02:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Comfortably2 View Post
    Not a huge fan of the build for anything other than a haggle bot. It's a badass song though. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFhM1XZsh6o

You know what I mean?
    Yeah, not a lot of flash in the DPS arena (unless you set up your kills), so for some elite/vet types, this toon may only serve the haggle purpose. However I must admit it's a far better healer and CC artist then I ever thought it would be in the beginning of the build, and its those elements which makes the build a blast for me to play, even a year and a half after I built it.

Now as far as the song, PLEASE check out this live version at the 1970 Goose Lake Music Festival. Some say this festival rivaled Woodstock. I don't know about all that, but it was surely a great show. THIS, imo, is BAD ASS. Music today has a lot of thanks to give to these hard rock/blues fusion pioneers in my book...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KszD_...eature=related
    Last edited by LeslieWest_GuitarGod; 05-02-2010 at 10:28 AM.

No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

Quote Originally Posted by dhoro View Post

Top flight UMD takes care of any "need" to go neutral good (for weapon/gear choices).

I also use the light & darkness shield when I solo sometimes for a nice boost to my ac. Being neutral opens up the +6 bonus to AC (deflection) and saves.

True neutral the way to go imo... other benefits of true neutral is you can use evil aligned items with out the negative level effect (DQ armor and Litany from Abbot for just 2 examples). And immunity to or reduced damage from alignment-based damage.
    Last edited by LeslieWest_GuitarGod; 05-02-2010 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieWest_GuitarGod View Post
    Top flight UMD takes care of any "need" to go neutral good (for weapon/gear choices).

I also use the light & darkness shield when I solo sometimes for a nice boost to my ac. Being neutral opens up the +6 bonus to AC (deflection) and saves.

True neutral the way to go imo... other benefits of true neutral is you can use evil aligned items with out the negative level effect (DQ armor and Litany from Abbot for just 2 examples). And immunity to or reduced damage from alignment-based damage.
    Leslie - Great build. I just reached level 7 and am having a lot of fun with the CC & Buffs on the PUG's I have run with. My UMD is up to 20 so far. I have been the main healer on a few runs, when the Cleric runs out of mana to quick. I have followed your build and wanted to know if you remember what gear you put on your bard in the lower 7-12 levels. I have a +4 CHA ring, and bought the helmet from DDO store that gives +7 Perform and +5 Diplomacy. I have +3 Ogre Power item, an +4 AC bracers. +3 Concentration & Underwater action helmet, and just got the Masters trinket from Delera's run.
    What should I be looking for, in the gear area, for this bard?

Thanks again for a great build.

ps. What are rep's ?? I see people talking about them. Is this a way to give positive feedback to an OP ?
    Last edited by pappo; 05-05-2010 at 02:29 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by pappo View Post
    Leslie - Great build. I just reached level 7 and am having a lot of fun with the CC & Buffs on the PUG's I have run with. My UMD is up to 20 so far. I have been the main healer on a few runs, when the Cleric runs out of mana to quick. I have followed your build and wanted to know if you remember what gear you put on your bard in the lower 7-12 levels. I have a +4 CHA ring, and bought the helmet from DDO store that gives +7 Perform and +5 Diplomacy. I have +3 Ogre Power item, an +4 AC bracers. +3 Concentration & Underwater action helmet, and just got the Masters trinket from Delera's run.

ps. What are rep's ?? I see people talking about them. Is this a way to give positive feedback to an OP ?
    On the left hand side of every post is a little red 'scales' box - click that and give the person rep for whichever post you liked.
    Server: Thelanis
    Guild: Fallen Immortals
    Toons: Soza, Sozz, Sozza, Sossa (bards)

On the left hand side of every post is a little red 'scales' box - click that and give the person rep for whichever post you liked.
    mmm on my screen it appears on the right side near the post # for the thread, but where ever it is look for the scales, click on them and either approve or dis the post (You need to have a certain level of favor to get a negative however.)
    Sarlona - The Ko Brotherhood :Jareko-Elf Ranger12Rogue8+4E; Hennako-Human Cleric22; Rukio-Human Paladin18; Taellya-Halfling Rogue16; Zenako-Dwarf Fighter10Cleric1; Daniko-Drow Bard20; Kerriganko-Human Cleric18; Buket-WF Fighter6; Xenophilia-Human Wiz20; Zenakotwo-Dwarf Cleric16; Yadnomko-Halfling Ftr12; Gabiko-Human Bard15; lots more

Quote Originally Posted by pappo View Post

You might find the Store item (Fuzzy Bunny Hat) of some use. It has a hidden feature of giving you a +3 UMD bonus that applies to Wands. (Kinda like the old magician with a rabbit in the hat thing.) Since it only applies to wands, it has limited use. (I have heard it might also apply to scrolls, but have not checked personally on that one and since most of my character that are higher level have a Cartouche which add +3 UMD to all purposes, that is not a major issue.)

IF you want to BOOST you Perform skill in other ways, you can also seek out the Gwylans Sword and the BoneShard Flute from Delara's. One of those (I forget off the top of my head) provides a bonus which is competence, which adds to most enhancement bonuses. You are still in the range where some mobs might save on less than a 20 vs your Perform skill and Fascinate. A bit higher and it will be a 95% success and no worries about small boosts.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zenako View Post
    You might find the Store item (Fuzzy Bunny Hat) of some use. It has a hidden feature of giving you a +3 UMD bonus that applies to Wands. (Kinda like the old magician with a rabbit in the hat thing.) Since it only applies to wands, it has limited use. (I have heard it might also apply to scrolls, but have not checked personally on that one and since most of my character that are higher level have a Cartouche which add +3 UMD to all purposes, that is not a major issue.)
    I believe that if you wear the hat and hold a wand you get a +3 boost to UMD. So, it's not just for wands but you have to have a wand in hand to get the boost. I may be wrong though; I have not verified through personal testing.

Page 24 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast