Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
    with all the changes to equipment, what do you run now?

I have a queen that i finally got around to capping (20)- and i am not exactly happy with her.

I have 320ish hp - no gs items on her, no epics

what sort o gear you recommend

Adache on gland.

thanks!

hob
    Heya Hob!

****, I remember answering this the day after you posted this question, and its not here . Perhaps it never went thru for whatever reason. Sorry my friend.

If you still have her, let me know, and I'll help you with gear. I still play Mississippee, and love her as much as ever.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Dungeons & Dragons Online Guild
    No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

Default Current Max Haggle

Anyone know what the current haggle-max is with Epic levels and Fatesinger destiny?
    Sarlona Roving Guns
    Bitsi ~ Lyriccal ~ Twynkerbelle ~ Cadaia ~ Marajayd ~ Morael ~ Vieirna ~ Karilth ~ Jevvy ~ Hvee ~ Djina ~ Moanah ~ Angeliccal ~ Leimei ~ Myriccal ~ Tyranniccal ~ Itsi ~ Imouto ~ Museiccal ~ Electriccal ~ Metalliccal ~ Popsiccal ~ Jeniece

Quote Originally Posted by Cadaia View Post
    Anyone know what the current haggle-max is with Epic levels and Fatesinger destiny?
    Enough.

With U14, the bonus of Haggle was capped to yield not more of 50% of the base value when selling, and a cost of at least of 50% of the base value when buying. This was done when it turned out that theoretically you could get your Haggle that high that you could generate money at the brokers.

The point where you get a sell-yield of 50% for brokers is 140 haggle.
    The point where you get a buy-cost of 50% for vendors is 120 haggle.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Haggle lists a theoretical maximal pre-U14 value of 119, which is without epic destinies or the 5 epic skill points.

Fatesinger alone adds a stacking +9 Haggle, and there is an item with a +20 competence bonus. You can twist Skill Mastery, to improve the value from the wiki by 20.

Stat-wise, you have additionally 1 level up, two epic feats (epic charisma) and insightful +3 cha, +8 enhancement, which is 5 cha points more than the list in the wiki, netting another +2 (or +3, if you have a +5 tome).

I expect the theoretical maximum to be at least 141.
    Last edited by karl_k0ch; 03-08-2013 at 05:59 AM.
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

Yeah, haggle was not nerfed, for anyone still wondering about that. An exploit or sorts during motu testing was enough for Turbine to place a cap on max haggle with max beneficial haggle for selling is 140, and buying max beneficial haggle set at 120, as Karl describes above. The cap is totally fair. I consider it a game economy safety mechanism. Alas, few bards bother to get their haggle to this elusive breaking point.

Due to some other changes haggle is actually better (and certainly easier to attain) now than it was pre-U14.

Cannith crafting and House K guild vendors have definitely filled a void that the haggle bard filled exclusively for many years, but to me haggle is just as effective for my stable of toons than it was on day one.

Four years later and still going strong... haggling is now simply part of my ... portfolio!
    Last edited by LeslieWest_GuitarGod; 03-08-2013 at 07:12 AM.

No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

This bard still barks!

Well, I finally settled on my enhancements for U19 Mississippee. Gone are the haggle niceties beyond max haggle skill points - if you get too greedy, you'll miss out on the new candy. And this 'Cajun Lady' loves sweet thangs as much as dresses that shine!

So without further ado..

Mississippee Queen U19, if you know what I mean...

* All Core Enhancements in Human and Spellsinger tree.

Race Enhancements:

Action Surge CHA III
    Improved Recovery III
    Dont Count Me Out III
    Heroism
    Greater Heroism

Warchanter Enhancements:

Skaldic Rage
    Poetic Edda II
    Action Boost I

Spellsinger Enhancements:

Haunting Melody II
    Magical Studies III (100 sp, granted: magical training feat, echos of power)
    Lingering Song III
    Wand Heightening III (pre-req. Turbine are retards.)
    Charlatan I (because handlebar mustaches rock...)
    Yellow Merigold Crown
    Wand Scroll Mastery III
    CHA II
    Sustaining Song
    Spell Penetration III
    Arcane Aid II
    Spell Song trance
    Song of Arcane Might
    Spell Song Vigor
    Frolic
    Prodigy III
    Advanced Magical Studies III
    Last edited by LeslieWest_GuitarGod; 08-21-2013 at 10:21 PM.

Max CHA, spell points (appx 200 more then before!), spell penetration. Maxx CC with best spellsinger and virtuoso songs. Skaldic rage stacks with rage spell and offers a great short term dps boost. Human versatility boosts are sweet.

This build is for those who want to dominate in CC and healing. You can buff yourself and others.

The new Mississippee is a smart shopper, a savy investor, and can withstand any economy or game volatility. Nice try Turbine for almost ruining the bard. Spellsingers needed more spells, not more songs. You took the lazy approach. That said, with all the U19 changes, Mississippee came out AHEAD. And the great surprise is she is still hella fun to play.

Fellow bards, it can be done. You can play what you want to play.

“There are no good girls gone wrong - just bad girls found out.” -- Mae West.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieWest_GuitarGod View Post
    Well, I finally settled on my enhancements for U19 Mississippee. Gone are the haggle niceties beyond max haggle skill points - if you get too greedy, you'll miss out on the new candy. And this 'Cajun Lady' loves sweet thangs as much as dresses that shine!

So without further ado..

Mississippee Queen U19, if you know what I mean...

* All Core Enhancements in Human and Spellsinger tree.

Race Enhancements:

Action Surge CHA III
    Improved Recovery III
    Dont Count Me Out III
    Heroism
    Greater Heroism

Warchanter Enhancements:

Skaldic Rage
    Poetic Edda II
    Action Boost I

Spellsinger Enhancements:

Haunting Melody II
    Magical Studies III (100 sp, granted: magical training feat, echos of power)
    Lingering Song III
    Wand Heightening III (pre-req. Turbine are retards.)
    Charlatan I (because handlebar mustaches rock...)
    Yellow Merigold Crown
    Wand Scroll Mastery III
    CHA II
    Sustaining Song
    Spell Penetration III
    Arcane Aid II
    Spell Song trance
    Song of Arcane Might
    Spell Song Vigor
    Frolic
    Prodigy III
    Advanced Magical Studies III
    You could also use Skill Focus:Negotiator from Human...
    Last edited by copycatcat; 08-30-2013 at 07:39 AM.
    Thelanis- Tidings the Warchanter, Tiyria the Assassin, Gonorg the Bardbarian, Gwaethand the Tempest, Blatte the Artificer, Jurinnis the Quick, Shijoa the Swiper
    Proud Owner of The Brave Heroes!

Community Member whereispowderedsilve's Avatar

Default How is this not in here? O_O

How is this not in here? O_O! :P! ! Lolz!

GO THE BARDS!!!!! :P! !
    http://dillonpfaff5.wix.com/theob Sign this!!!: http://goo.gl/vS6htg

DDO toll free support phone#: 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

Quote Originally Posted by whereispowderedsilve View Post
    How is this not in here? O_O! :P! ! Lolz!

GO THE BARDS!!!!! :P! !
    Mah PEOPLES!!

Community Member

Default best haggler (U19)

The best class for haggling is no longer bard. It is sorc (fire savant) can get +6 haggle from a tier 1 enhancement.

I am going to +20 my hagglebard (exp stoned to lvl 16, no longer questing) to the following

Rogue 1 (so haggle is a class skill, also 4AP in acrobat gives +3 for charming)
    Monk 3 (shintao negotiation +3, monkey form +2 at lvl 3, cha upgrade)
    sorc 12 (can cast GH, gets +6 haggle from intensity and cha upgrades)
    Helf gets +3 skill focus and +1 cha from adaptibility, and HV skill boost

Human would be better but LR can't change that.

It will take another +1 LR later to get the initial bard level to rogue, until then the bard level still makes haggle a class skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlandman View Post
    The best class for haggling is no longer bard. It is sorc (fire savant) can get +6 haggle from a tier 1 enhancement.

I am going to +20 my hagglebard (exp stoned to lvl 16, no longer questing) to the following

Rogue 1 (so haggle is a class skill, also 4AP in acrobat gives +3 for charming)
    Monk 3 (shintao negotiation +3, monkey form +2 at lvl 3, cha upgrade)
    sorc 12 (can cast GH, gets +6 haggle from intensity and cha upgrades)
    Helf gets +3 skill focus and +1 cha from adaptibility, and HV skill boost

Human would be better but LR can't change that.

It will take another +1 LR later to get the initial bard level to rogue, until then the bard level still makes haggle a class skill.
    What's the total haggle you plan on having... do you have a breakdown?

I still need to fix up my Spellsinger haggle bard with the new enhancements. Mine is at level 16, following the previous Mississippi Queen version with the old enhancements.

Would it be possible to see a character builder template for Mississippi Queen, which shows a rough order that feats and enhancements should be taken? I want to print it out so I can read it while I redo my bard. Thanks! And thanks for all of your hard work on this fun build!
    "Swords will cut you wide open!" - Trip Fisk

Community Member Tenebris-Niatellim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dulcimerist View Post
    I still need to fix up my Spellsinger haggle bard with the new enhancements. Mine is at level 16, following the previous Mississippi Queen version with the old enhancements.

Would it be possible to see a character builder template for Mississippi Queen, which shows a rough order that feats and enhancements should be taken? I want to print it out so I can read it while I redo my bard. Thanks! And thanks for all of your hard work on this fun build!
    Where are the feats for the new build? I'm starting over on Khyber and I want to have some flow of income starting fresh on a new server (following your 28 point stat distribution)

+ skill distribution? I.e spellcraft?

No feat changes are necessary for the modern day Mississippee. In the OP I detailed what to take at each level for feats and skill points.

A discussion of skills U19:

UMD: 51 Max. (Mass Heal requires 52 UMD roll. Even if you roll a 1, you will not fail.) Id lower Mississippee's UMD by 8 and bank em for other U19 powered skills.

DDO rolls 1d20 and adds your UMD skill. If the total is greater than or equal to the scroll's UMD DC (18 plus 2x the caster level of the item), the attempt to use the scroll succeeds.

Spellcraft: This is your sonic and heal skill boost! Borrow from Balance, UMD and others and Rock this out!

The Heal skill is now much more useful, as it adds 1 point of Positive and Negative Spell Power per point of skill. Remember that Durge procs sonic and negative. Bards love Spellcraft and Heal in U19!! I would throw some love here, but no need to max... even for a healing specced bard.
    Last edited by LeslieWest_GuitarGod; 09-05-2013 at 07:26 PM.

No feat changes are necessary for the modern day Mississippee. In the OP I detailed what to take at each level for feats and skill points.

UMD: 51 Max. (Mass Heal requires 52 UMD roll. Even if you roll a 1, you will not fail.)

DDO rolls 1d20 and adds your UMD skill. If the total is greater than or equal to the scroll's UMD DC (18 plus 2x the caster level of the item), the attempt to use the scroll succeeds.

Spellcraft: This is your sonic and heal skill boost! Borrow from Balance, UMD and others and Rock this out!

The Heal skill is now much more useful, as it adds 1 point of Positive and Negative Spell Power per point of skill.I would throw some love here, but no need to max... even for a healing specced bard.
    So still take toughness? And draw from the warchanter feats or the spellsinger? since I noticed your new enhancement build is more focused on spellsinger enhance,ents. The reason why I question toughness is because how much it feels nerfed after the pass, can you explain to me its true value? Since I'm still pretty beginner in my basic knowledge.

UMD: 51 Max. (Mass Heal requires 52 UMD roll. Even if you roll a 1, you will not fail.) Id lower Mississippee's UMD by 8 and bank em for other U19 powered skills.

The Heal skill is now much more useful, as it adds 1 point of Positive and Negative Spell Power per point of skill. Remember that Durge procs sonic and negative. Bards love Spellcraft and Heal in U19!! I would throw some love here, but no need to max... even for a healing specced bard.
    Is diplomacy even needed?

Community Member

Exclamation

Spellcraft is Intelligence based skill that adds 1 point of Spell Power per point of skill with following damage types: Acid, Cold, Electric, Fire, Force and Light.
    For Sonic spellpower you Already have Perform. For Positive take Heal skill.

Also Bards this days have only +1 haggle bonus - focusing chant. Comparing to high Cha Sorc with +6 bonus on T1 (Air/Fire is best dps atm)... And other bonuses from: Ravager-Barb, Seasons-Druid, Stalwart-Fighter, Henshin-Monk, Acrobat-Rogue. Human offers +4 action boost, +1 Cha and +3 Cha while under effect of action boosts, +3 Haggle, +1 All Skills, +4 Greater Heroism; for total +14 Haggle for 17 total Action points. And thats just from race... 44 Action points in 2 Elemental prestiges on Sorc, including Fire for +6 Haggle and +4 Cha. Or u can consider rogue lvls: 10,13,16,19 for Skill Mastery feats. Henshin offers +5 Haggle for 6 AP and 3 levels. 12 levels = void and fire finishers for +7, +3 from animal form, +2 Cha, +3 Negotiator.
    As we all have +20 hearts - lets build Absolutly Max Haggle character))
    Last edited by maizotome; 09-06-2013 at 01:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by maizotome View Post
    As we all have +20 hearts - lets build Absolutly Max Haggle character))
    That sounds like a fun topic but please do that in another thread. This thread is about building a bard haggle toon that is an effective in the battlefield and off. She never was about solely maxing haggle.

I will comment in that thread, as I am interested in seeing the result. But, this thread will remain about building Mississippee Queen, and having fun playing bards.

Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647 LastLast