Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Beat me to it! Oh well... here's the compendium description:

Feat: Walk of the Sun

Activate this finisher to heighten the fire burning within the hearts of your allies, granting them bonuses to hit, skill checks, and saves for a short period of time.

------------------------
    "Monks are your friend." - Mississippee

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Dungeons & Dragons Online Guild
    No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

Quote Originally Posted by Strakeln View Post
    Walk of the sun (fire-light-fire)
    Quote Originally Posted by LeslieWest_GuitarGod View Post
    Beat me to it! Oh well... here's the compendium description:

Feat: Walk of the Sun

Activate this finisher to heighten the fire burning within the hearts of your allies, granting them bonuses to hit, skill checks, and saves for a short period of time.

------------------------
    "Monks are your friend." - Mississippee
    Thanks to both of you for the reply.
    I've gone Rogue on you.

Its hard to find, since it is a general skill check boost, not a haggle only boost.
    Sarlona - The Ko Brotherhood :Jareko-Elf Ranger12Rogue8+4E; Hennako-Human Cleric22; Rukio-Human Paladin18; Taellya-Halfling Rogue16; Zenako-Dwarf Fighter10Cleric1; Daniko-Drow Bard20; Kerriganko-Human Cleric18; Buket-WF Fighter6; Xenophilia-Human Wiz20; Zenakotwo-Dwarf Cleric16; Yadnomko-Halfling Ftr12; Gabiko-Human Bard15; lots more

Quote Originally Posted by Zenako View Post
    Its hard to find, since it is a general skill check boost, not a haggle only boost.
    Yes indeed. When I first rolled Mississippee, I had to ask around to figure out what this monk buff was. At least 95% (im being very kind here) of the monks I asked had no clue what this "monk buff" even was, including some monks that have been playing from the beginning.

This is what I meant when I said I made this toon partially for my guild. No bard can achieve "max haggle" by himself, it is a team sport. For most guild business, I'll have a bard and monk buff me up.

The Walk of the Sun makes a monk a bard's best friend!
    Last edited by LeslieWest_GuitarGod; 05-19-2009 at 08:19 PM.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Dungeons & Dragons Online Guild
    No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieWest_GuitarGod View Post
    Yes indeed. When I first rolled Mississippee, I had to ask around to figure out what this monk buff was. At least 95% (im being very kind here) of the monks I asked had no clue what this "monk buff" even was, including some monks that have been playing from the beginning.

This is what I meant when I said I made this toon partially for my guild. No bard can achieve "max haggle" by himself, it is a team sport. For most guild business, I'll have a bard and monk buff me up.

The Walk of the Sun makes a monk a bard's best friend!
    Is there a "cap" on the haggle skill, like there is for jump, which I think is a 40?
    Jeets said he wouldn't tell Turbine. ;(

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Comfortably View Post
    Is there a "cap" on the haggle skill, like there is for jump, which I think is a 40?
    Not yet, though presumably they will cap it at some point, otherwise you end up with a situation where people can sell stuff for more than they bought it for (ex: buy CSW pot for 400pp, sell it back for 450pp). That magic point may be much further out than we will ever be able to obtain, so a cap may never be necessary.

I think the break point for that to happen is around 123 Haggle given the current charts, and even then, the margin at 123 is a fraction of a percent.

Sell for 45.50%, buy at 45.83% at 122 Haggle using the Wiki charts
    Sell for 45.75%, buy at 45.24% at 123 Haggle using the Wiki charts...

Using the best case vendors and brokers, and you cannot sell stuff like pots back to brokers, need to go to a vendor, which has a lower Sell to price base.

So that is at least 40 more than we can currently hit. Level cap at 20 will give us 4 or 5 more (Skill and CHA). Gonna need some epic items to push that limit it looks like.
    Last edited by Zenako; 05-20-2009 at 10:27 AM.
    Sarlona - The Ko Brotherhood :Jareko-Elf Ranger12Rogue8+4E; Hennako-Human Cleric22; Rukio-Human Paladin18; Taellya-Halfling Rogue16; Zenako-Dwarf Fighter10Cleric1; Daniko-Drow Bard20; Kerriganko-Human Cleric18; Buket-WF Fighter6; Xenophilia-Human Wiz20; Zenakotwo-Dwarf Cleric16; Yadnomko-Halfling Ftr12; Gabiko-Human Bard15; lots more

House D pot? You're joking right? I would need to have 5 or 6 house d pots per day as much as I use my haggle-bot. That isn't really legit for those of us who turn 1.5 million plat a week at the vendors.
    Lysol, Winner of the Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by weyoun View Post
    House D pot? You're joking right? I would need to have 5 or 6 house d pots per day as much as I use my haggle-bot. That isn't really legit for those of us who turn 1.5 million plat a week at the vendors.
    orly?

I purchase between 300,000pp and 1,000,000pp in scrolls and potions, daily... and always use both skill and charisma house D pots. Silver bowls and blessed candles are the most common collectible in the game, I think.

orly?

I purchase between 300,000pp and 1,000,000pp in scrolls and potions, daily... and always use both skill and charisma house D pots. Silver bowls and blessed candles are the most common collectible in the game, I think.
    Oh I don't know, I seem to have hundreds of Kobold Prayer beads kicking around on my collectibles hoarder.... Followed closely by Funerary tokens....

orly?

Yes ORLY!! I'm not as benign to buy for others and if you need that many scrolls/pots you're playing with gimps. And I was talking about sales.
    Lysol, Winner of the Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zenako View Post
    Oh I don't know, I seem to have hundreds of Kobold Prayer beads kicking around on my collectibles hoarder.... Followed closely by Funerary tokens....
    Yeah, I originally had "at end game" on there but apparently deleted it.

It seems after level 10 or so they pretty much stopped with collectibles and just put candles/bowls everywhere. Not complaining.

Community Member

Yes ORLY!! I'm not as benign to buy for others and if you need that many scrolls/pots you're playing with gimps. And I was talking about sales.
    Hey Khyber, this guy just called the entire server gimps!

Whether you're talking buying or selling, the argument applies.

Hey Khyber, this guy just called the entire server gimps!

Whether you're talking buying or selling, the argument applies.
    You buy for the whole server? Wow. How do you sleep with those angel wings?

Community Member

You buy for the whole server?
    Yes.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=173234

LeslieWest: got a question for you about the 16 STR discussion a few pages back...

You mentioned that with the 16 STR you can, when needed, go into battle with something like a paralyzer or banisher, to help out if needed.

My question is this: Are you finding that you are connecting (hitting) enough at end-game to make it worthwhile? I realize with say, a banisher or a disruptor, it may only take 1 hit if you roll right, but still...I want to confirm with you that a non-warchanter bard can really hit enough at end-game to make it count.

Follow-up: Would you consider 14 STR for a build like this? (reason: Raise WIS a bit, for will save, and not take Force of Personality)

Your theme song:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQiJdf-ebIs

Quote Originally Posted by Rydin_Dirtay View Post
    LeslieWest: got a question for you about the 16 STR discussion a few pages back...

You mentioned that with the 16 STR you can, when needed, go into battle with something like a paralyzer or banisher, to help out if needed.

My question is this: Are you finding that you are connecting (hitting) enough at end-game to make it worthwhile? I realize with say, a banisher or a disruptor, it may only take 1 hit if you roll right, but still...I want to confirm with you that a non-warchanter bard can really hit enough at end-game to make it count.

Follow-up: Would you consider 14 STR for a build like this? (reason: Raise WIS a bit, for will save, and not take Force of Personality)
    In a similar vien I have a 16 DEX drow bard with Weapon Finesse and was able to connect enough to proc on hit effects enough to matter (like Para, curse, destruction, disruption). With on CRIT procs, it becomes harder to land, due to the confirm rolls required, but it is still worthwhile. There are often points in a quest or fight when jumping in and swinging the best thing to do. Songs all sung, everyone buffed, CC is up, no one is dying...time to join the fun.

Community Member

/sigh

Most people are able to figure this out on their own. Put some thought into it and you might just figure out how one could run an operation like this without taking extra time out of their day.

I'm not holding my breath.

/sigh

Most people are able to figure this out on their own. Put some thought into it and you might just figure out how one could run an operation like this without taking extra time out of their day.

I'm not holding my breath.
    Thats if I cared about it. I'm just trading jabs with you man. I'm bored.

Edit: The song had to make you laugh.
    Last edited by weyoun; 05-20-2009 at 01:27 PM.

Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast