Page 20 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Anderei View Post
    Yesterday I did it and topped my Queen bard off. This post is to summ up the leveling experience.
    I'm glad to see that you had fun leveling up your MQ!

Sad though that you are leaving the game. I can understand though. Because of the instanced, incredible graphical interface dungeon structure, the content will always be much less then other games such as EQ and WoW. So many of my pen & paper buddies never even MADE the switch because of that. I can say those that did stay because of the camaraderie. The combat engine also gets dubbed often as a major reason people stay.

Have fun whatever ya do! I'll leave ye with words of a true bard:

"Music expresses feeling and thought, without language; it was below and before speech, and it is above and beyond all words." - Robert G. Ingersoll, General during the US Civil War 1861-1865
    Last edited by LeslieWest_GuitarGod; 03-08-2010 at 01:33 PM.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Dungeons & Dragons Online Guild
    No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

Quote Originally Posted by gott_ist_tot View Post
    You people mention "monk buff" to bump up your haggle.
    Yea, Walk of the Sun.

10 Ki. Prep: fire pos fire
    Nearby allies gain a +2 morale bonus to attack, saves, and skills for 60 seconds.

No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

Community Member

Default Healing amplification items?

Leslie,

I haven't read every page of the thread, but did you ever mention what healing amplification items you use, if any? I've seen a couple rings on the AH, horribly overpriced, of course. Mostly I see it on shields, but those give arcane spell failure. Would be nice to find an item for level 6 and lower spells so it would help the mass cure spells too. Suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by snizzy View Post
    Leslie,

I haven't read every page of the thread, but did you ever mention what healing amplification items you use, if any? I've seen a couple rings on the AH, horribly overpriced, of course. Mostly I see it on shields, but those give arcane spell failure. Would be nice to find an item for level 6 and lower spells so it would help the mass cure spells too. Suggestions?
    Healing amplification increases incoming healing spells. Levik's Bracers, out of the Hound raid, will give you 20% healing amplification when worn. A human bard can also take Improved Recovery I, II, and III which give you up to 30% incoming healing recovery or "amplification."

Miss has Levik's Bracers but rarely uses them. Healing Amplification is great for a melee focused bard, not as integral on a spell singer. However, healing amplification is certainly something you can build into any bard, and because its a racial benefit of choosing human, is never a "bad" idea.

Community Member

Sorry then, my mistake. I believe what I'm looking for is a devotion item then. Any suggestions for those? Do you use one?

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Sorry then, my mistake. I believe what I'm looking for is a devotion item then. Any suggestions for those? Do you use one?
    My haggle bard from this build carries a Potency VI (+50% to level 6 and below spells) staff and a Greater Spell Penetration Something staff, to dual-wield when casting. Note that Potency works on all spells, including healing.

Yeah I use and recommend Superior Potency VI and Greater Spell Penetration VI. Superior Potency VI covers all levels of bard spells, healing and the sonic line of arcane spells. Devotion amplifies healing spells only. Devotion items offer absolutely no advantage over Potency items.
    Last edited by LeslieWest_GuitarGod; 03-09-2010 at 05:26 PM.

Community Member

Are they found on any items other than shields and weapons? I've seen only a couple rings.

Default Alternate ways to get Superior Potency VI & Greater Spell Pen VI

Are they found on any items other than shields and weapons? I've seen only a couple rings.
    Very good question!

Shiona's Pendant in "A New Invasion" has Superior Potency VI, Wizardry VI, Spellsinger Set Bonus.

Smedgar's Necklace - in "Bastion of Power" has Superior Potency VI, Wizardry VI, Virtuoso Set Bonus.

Torin's Choker - in "Sins of Attrition" has Superior Potency VI, Wizardry VI, Warchanter Set Bonus

Torc of Prince-Raiyum-de II (Necklace) - in Zawabi's Revenge has Greater Spell Penetration VI, Wizardry III, Transform Kinetic Energy

Rainment of the Fervent - (Robe) Nightshield (CL:14, 1/rest), Wizardry VI, Greater Spell Penetration VI (This is a 4-tier reward item. You have to upgrade an Emerald Claw Trinket at specific altars to gain the upgrades.)

I'm trying this out right now, more for the solid Spellsinger aspect than the Haggle aspect, and I'm applying my skills differently.

Honestly, it's fun. I'm about to hit the second rank of level 3. However, the problem I have is that I am squishy and prone to death if I stay on the front lines more than 2 seconds. However, I don't feel comfortable doing nothing but waiting for someone to take enough damage before healing them, or tossing a hypnotism, or whatever.

So I'm wielding a crossbow so I can do SOMETHING while keeping myself and my party alive. (Mostly, I tend to focus on whoever is taking the most damage, helping the Cleric keep his health up, although the Cleric gets first priority if he starts to take too much damage).

Is this all right? I mean, the party I was with didn't mind when I announced I was switching to a crossbow (after I got KOed several times and died twice in Kobold Assault)

Other than this, can anyone give me tips? Generally, I focus on getting the melee characters buffed with Inspire Courage (which has Inspire Damage, and I'm going to work on getting Inspire Attack ASAP), and then I run back, heal, snipe, cast hypnotism or fascination when I see that there's a wall of enemies in the way, and then go back to sniping.

I know I could deal more damage by running with with a quarterstaff and smacking things, but I've had enemies take out half of my health in one attack before. And when I get KOed, that means the Cleric has to spend time and SP to help me NOT DIE, which means the melee fighters get low on health, and it's generally a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachski View Post
    I'm trying this out right now, more for the solid Spellsinger aspect than the Haggle aspect, and I'm applying my skills differently.

Honestly, it's fun. I'm about to hit the second rank of level 3. However, the problem I have is that I am squishy and prone to death if I stay on the front lines more than 2 seconds. However, I don't feel comfortable doing nothing but waiting for someone to take enough damage before healing them, or tossing a hypnotism, or whatever.

So I'm wielding a crossbow so I can do SOMETHING while keeping myself and my party alive. (Mostly, I tend to focus on whoever is taking the most damage, helping the Cleric keep his health up, although the Cleric gets first priority if he starts to take too much damage).

Is this all right? I mean, the party I was with didn't mind when I announced I was switching to a crossbow (after I got KOed several times and died twice in Kobold Assault)

Other than this, can anyone give me tips? Generally, I focus on getting the melee characters buffed with Inspire Courage (which has Inspire Damage, and I'm going to work on getting Inspire Attack ASAP), and then I run back, heal, snipe, cast hypnotism or fascination when I see that there's a wall of enemies in the way, and then go back to sniping.

I know I could deal more damage by running with with a quarterstaff and smacking things, but I've had enemies take out half of my health in one attack before. And when I get KOed, that means the Cleric has to spend time and SP to help me NOT DIE, which means the melee fighters get low on health, and it's generally a mess.
    Heading out on a weekend mini-vacation in a few minutes... but wanted to give you some tips.

Early levels you have plenty of to-hit melee. Mobs are also easy to hit. Get a nice Qstaff in the auction house or house D vendor for early follies. Ranged will be effective early on but not a focus of this build. The low dex means you will start to miss more as the mobs get tougher. You'll want to switch to melee at some point.

hypno and soundburst make for some real low level entertainment, as most mobs wont stand a chance. If anything gets too close hit an ottos. Then proceed to bash his brains in. You should have enough spell points to last to the end of most quests, even early on.

Since you arent maxing haggle, take toughness and heighten feats to boost hitpoints and Crowd Control.

Just remember you need to practice setting up the board. You need to practice your ninja-hand You are not a front line fighter, nor ever will be. But as the levels progress your to-hit and damage increase to a desirable level, thanks to your improved songs (max inspire attack & damage lines). You will then be more effective with high to-hit weapons.

As for your "AC"? Blur/displacement/stoneskin/barkskin/haste can work wonders.

At low levels you could toss on some armor after you cast any buff spells and wade in with a lot more AC. Armor does not affect SONGS. With any sort of armor and shield (again shields have spell failure (unless light and mithril which has 0%)) you can get over a 20 AC and make yourself effectively a lot less squishy at those levels.

Seriously, when playing a low level bard, buffing songs and an occasional Hypnotism go a LONG way to make most quests a LOT easier. Kobold Assault can be a bad one, since it is semi timed and involves killing a lot of mobs. Another thing you can do in a quest like that is to become the bait for new mobs showing up and kite them around until you get a nice pile chasing you, then sing a Fascinate song as you are pulling them close to the rest of the group. Go into a spiral movement as you start singing to draw them all close together. Now the group should be able to take out those piles of koblds with almost no risk (if they attack with any sort of smarts).
    Sarlona - The Ko Brotherhood :Jareko-Elf Ranger12Rogue8+4E; Hennako-Human Cleric22; Rukio-Human Paladin18; Taellya-Halfling Rogue16; Zenako-Dwarf Fighter10Cleric1; Daniko-Drow Bard20; Kerriganko-Human Cleric18; Buket-WF Fighter6; Xenophilia-Human Wiz20; Zenakotwo-Dwarf Cleric16; Yadnomko-Halfling Ftr12; Gabiko-Human Bard15; lots more

Quote Originally Posted by Zenako View Post
    At low levels you could toss on some armor after you cast any buff spells and wade in with a lot more AC. Armor does not affect SONGS. With any sort of armor and shield (again shields have spell failure (unless light and mithril which has 0%)) you can get over a 20 AC and make yourself effectively a lot less squishy at those levels.
    Haha, forgot about that! Yea, I put on some cheapo chain shirt (I had mithral lying around) and a mithral shield for a while there at low level! Just keep an eye on spell failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenako View Post
    Go into a spiral movement as you start singing to draw them all close together. Now the group should be able to take out those piles of koblds with almost no risk
    What Zenako says. Learning how to kite mobs into your CC is a major component to acing CC. Wild areas and open area quests like Kobald Assault and Irestone make for great training grounds until you get it down.
    Last edited by LeslieWest_GuitarGod; 03-12-2010 at 09:37 AM.

I wore a small shield of superior devotion up until lvl 18. 5% spell failure you can generally live with. (at least I could)

Only once in a while, when 2 spells fail in a row (likelyhood 1:400) you get ****ed

Howdy,
    First and foremost I'm only level 6 but having a blast with this build (soundburst -> hypnotism keeps those pesky wallcrawling kobolds in their place ). I am concerned about the low hitpoints and was wondering how much I would gimp my haggle if I dropped Haggle or Negotiator for Toughness. To that end how much would I gimp haggle if I dropped both Haggle and Negotiator for Toughness and Heavy/Light Repeating Crossbow?

Some quick calculations tell me that (SF:Haggle = +3) + (Negotiator = +2) = +5 => %1.25 sell/purchase affect. I was was just thinking of trading those feats for survivability. While we're on it, would Heavy or Light Crossbow be better. If this has been asked and answered I apologize in advance (20 pages is a lot to sort through).

thanks,
    bitkaCK2

Okay, I'm just not cut out to be a Spellsinger. I tried to do that fascinate thing with the kobolds, and the ranged ones stayed so far back that I couldn't fascinate them while they threw things at me. Not to mention it's getting kinda... boring. Being a pure support type just doesn't work for me.

I think I'm going to reroll as a Warchanter. Does anyone know of a good 28 point pure build for a human/elf/dwarf/halfling? If not, I guess I could LIVE with multi-classing. Dunno why it irks me so much.

Okay, I'm just not cut out to be a Spellsinger. I tried to do that fascinate thing with the kobolds, and the ranged ones stayed so far back that I couldn't fascinate them while they threw things at me. Not to mention it's getting kinda... boring. Being a pure support type just doesn't work for me.
    Use soundburst at the rangeds. Spellsinger is not mainly about just fascinate.
    Last edited by Anderei; 03-13-2010 at 07:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BitkaCK2 View Post
    Howdy,
    First and foremost I'm only level 6 but having a blast with this build (soundburst -> hypnotism keeps those pesky wallcrawling kobolds in their place ). I am concerned about the low hitpoints and was wondering how much I would gimp my haggle if I dropped Haggle or Negotiator for Toughness. To that end how much would I gimp haggle if I dropped both Haggle and Negotiator for Toughness and Heavy/Light Repeating Crossbow?
    A bit, I think its a valid decission to drop the hagglefeats unlesss you are the main buyer of a big guild where 1.25% really matters a lot when summed up.

Toughness is a good choice, Crossbow for this build not, since Dex is too low, I'd go either for heighten later on, or force of personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Anderei View Post
    Use soundburst at the rangeds. Spellsinger is not mainly about just fascinate.
    I don't have Soundburst yet.

I'm at level 3 and seem to be in that "valley" where you have little to offer and have to struggle through. I feel entirely useless to parties, aside from my song buff. I mean, I'm sure it helps, but a Warchanter could sing that, too, with much the same effect.

Yeah, spell singing isnt for everyone. It's also not nearly as exciting for those who want to make a significant DPS contribution. Don't know if I'd make a 28 pt warchanter though. For a class thats already feat starved, to be stat starved as well can really hurt. I'd get my 1750 favor first then roll a 32 point warchanter.

There are some great warchanter builders in the forums (Anthios would be my first pitstop), go take a look-see!

Page 20 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast