Page 17 of 47 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Anderei View Post
    Edit: Sorry wrong, a pure bard still stays the best haggle (by 1 or 2), since the 19/1 rogue would not have access to bard charisma enhancements.
    Yeah I was going to say that. No way to beat a human, pure bard's haggle (if its maxed for haggle).
    Last edited by LeslieWest_GuitarGod; 02-06-2010 at 06:00 PM. Reason: fixed incorrect data

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Dungeons & Dragons Online Guild
    No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieWest_GuitarGod View Post
    and remember, a +1 haggle is only good if it takes you to the next milestone.
    Sorry, why? You've peaked my interest and my cursory search of the forum only mentions Haggle "milestones" in this post and the edited first post. Is this some actual game mechanic? Why are these numbers special?

Quote Originally Posted by Backley View Post
    Sorry, why? You've peaked my interest and my cursory search of the forum only mentions Haggle "milestones" in this post and the edited first post. Is this some actual game mechanic? Why are these numbers special?
    Each point in haggle increases the sale price by .25%. So basically you need your haggle score to be a multiple of 4. I think that might be what they meant by milestone. I could be wrong though.

Selling = Base SELL percentage + (.25% * Haggle).

Buying = [1 - (.005 * Haggle)] * Markup. (Markup varies depending on Vendor/level of Broker)
    Source: http://ddowiki.com/page/Haggle

That was my misinterpretation, not yours Every extra point of haggle increases your haggle's value.
    Last edited by LeslieWest_GuitarGod; 02-06-2010 at 06:03 PM.

No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

I'm still trying to figure out why a generic hagglebot build has 17 pages worth of posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Thriand View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out why a generic hagglebot build has 17 pages worth of posts.
    Because all the melees feel again and again the need to tell somebody they dont want him/her to spellsing but to warchant?

so i wanted to make a haggle bard, but i'd like to make him a little more fun for me. id like to have some rogue skills, but still get high into the highest haggle lvls. so, i was thinking taking rogue at lvl1 and rest bard mostly along the lines of miss. queen. would that be a good idea? should i take another rogue lvl? basically id like a trap remover, healing/mesmerizing bard.

Quote Originally Posted by battlesign View Post
    so i wanted to make a haggle bard, but i'd like to make him a little more fun for me. id like to have some rogue skills, but still get high into the highest haggle lvls. so, i was thinking taking rogue at lvl1 and rest bard mostly along the lines of miss. queen. would that be a good idea? should i take another rogue lvl? basically id like a trap remover, healing/mesmerizing bard.
    If you are going to go rogue, I'd take 2 levels and get evasion. Dont dump your dex score since evasion is based on your dex. I'd probably go 10 str and dump the rest into dex. be sure to build your spot, search and disable device for rogue skills. There are a few decent builds in the bard forums I believe that splash rogue. I'm heading out on a business trip so don't have the time at the moment to give you more details, but maybe someone that has played this type of a build will chime in. Rogue at level one is the only non-negotiable for the extra skill points. Good luck

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Default 1 point of Haggle always helps

Val is correct. Said simply, every 4 points of haggle means another jump in profit (buying and selling).

An easy example... The first three profit levels are 4, 8, and 12 haggle. If you have a 4 haggle today, and find a +3 haggle item that jumps your haggle up to a 7 tomorrow, your buying and selling profit remains the same. You need to hit a haggle score of 8 before you can make (or save) more money. That is why I like to think of them, and call them, milestones.
    This is not what I see in-game currently. For me, 1 point of Haggle always increases the sell amount by another .25% of the base value.

Example from a current test (screenshots available if needed):
    Ann Velsing's Belt: base value 100,050 gp
    selling to pawn broker in Marketplace:
    with Haggle of 58: 29,514.75 gp (29.5% of base)
    with Haggle of 59: 29,764.88 gp (29.75% of base)

So, 1 point of Haggle is always better (by exactly .25% for selling).

Perhaps the confusion stems from the table at http://ddowiki.com/page/Haggle being condensed to only show every 4th value of the Haggle skill. But, the intermediary steps exist and are just as valuable to obtain.
    Last edited by Backley; 02-06-2010 at 03:56 AM.

Community Member

Val is correct. Said simply, every 4 points of haggle means another jump in profit (buying and selling).

An easy example... The first three profit levels are 4, 8, and 12 haggle. If you have a 4 haggle today, and find a +3 haggle item that jumps your haggle up to a 7 tomorrow, your buying and selling profit remains the same. You need to hit a haggle score of 8 before you can make (or save) more money. That is why I like to think of them, and call them, milestones.
    Are you sure you actually have a haggle bot?

This is not what I see in-game currently. For me, 1 point of Haggle always increases the sell amount by another .25% of the base value.

Example from a current test (screenshots available if needed):
    Ann Velsing's Belt: base value 100,050 gp
    selling to pawn broker in Marketplace:
    with Haggle of 58: 29,514.75 gp (29.5% of base)
    with Haggle of 59: 29,764.88 gp (29.75% of base)

So, 1 point of Haggle is always better (by exactly .25% for selling).

Perhaps the confusion stems from the table at http://ddowiki.com/page/Haggle being condensed to only show every 4th value of the Haggle skill. But, the intermediary steps exist and are just as valuable to obtain.
    Agreed, EVERY point of haggle makes a difference. THere are no milestones that I have seen. EASY way to see is to just drop Focusing Chant on yourself for the +1 and see the prices change right there by the 1/4% it should.

Sorry, but you got a mistaken view on that one....
    Sarlona - The Ko Brotherhood :Jareko-Elf Ranger12Rogue8+4E; Hennako-Human Cleric22; Rukio-Human Paladin18; Taellya-Halfling Rogue16; Zenako-Dwarf Fighter10Cleric1; Daniko-Drow Bard20; Kerriganko-Human Cleric18; Buket-WF Fighter6; Xenophilia-Human Wiz20; Zenakotwo-Dwarf Cleric16; Yadnomko-Halfling Ftr12; Gabiko-Human Bard15; lots more

Quote Originally Posted by Zenako View Post
    Agreed, EVERY point of haggle makes a difference. THere are no milestones that I have seen. EASY way to see is to just drop Focusing Chant on yourself for the +1 and see the prices change right there by the 1/4% it should.

QFT. Absolutely every point of Haggle counts.

There is a difference between a plateau value and a milestone value. If I don't reach the next plateau value, I might as well not even try. But if I walk 3/4 of a mile down the road, I've still gone 3/4 of a mile, even if I haven't reached the 1 mile milestone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelus_dead
    You should probably try being just slightly specific.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenako View Post
    Thank you for catching and correcting me on this. That was my belief from long ago, and just never went back to retest each point value. Silly wiki chart

Unlike some on these forums, I'll man up to a mistake. Sorry all for the confusion. For clarity, I've removed the misinformation.
    Last edited by LeslieWest_GuitarGod; 02-07-2010 at 02:43 PM.

Yah the chart on the various wikis was broken down into jumps of 4 skill ranks, since that made the %'s nice and even and easier to understand. So unless one read closely, it would be easy to get into ones mind that it was granular like many other things actually are in D&D/DDO. No problems...
    Sarlona - The Ko Brotherhood :Jareko-Elf Ranger12Rogue8+4E; Hennako-Human Cleric22; Rukio-Human Paladin18; Taellya-Halfling Rogue16; Zenako-Dwarf Fighter10Cleric1; Daniko-Drow Bard20; Kerriganko-Human Cleric18; Buket-WF Fighter6; Xenophilia-Human Wiz20; Zenakotwo-Dwarf Cleric16; Yadnomko-Halfling Ftr12; Gabiko-Human Bard15; lots more

/agree

I have noticed the same thing with every point increase in haggle..
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PrepOn Pinciotti Lv 20 Human Bard Alahona Lv 20 Drow Sorcerer Sliceomatic Lv 20 Warforged Exploiter Vestri Vigoratus Lv 16 Human Cleric

Thanks god you waited 13 days to chime in ... this thread cannot die

Quote Originally Posted by Spookyaction View Post
    I lol'd
    Adumbrate, Sienn, Selket, Synaxis, Ognwe-, Halpin, Sivva, Bigstick, Jemus, Colichemarde
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunga
    His pant muscles aren't as big as ours...

Quote Originally Posted by Spookyaction View Post
    That's pretty funny that you would say that... considering you built Excell, your bard in the same fashion... You rock the house Spook

Quote Originally Posted by oberon131313 View Post
    I lol'd
    Very good Oberon, so are you building Athuw as a spell singer? How are you doing it different.... if you are...

Very good Oberon, so are you building Athuw as a spell singer? How are you doing it different.... if you are...
    Virtuoso. However, I don't need to create a thread about my hagglebot, thanks

And the implication that I built my build from your is laughable, since how hard is it to build a haggle bard, really?
    Last edited by oberon131313; 02-19-2010 at 11:06 PM.
    Adumbrate, Sienn, Selket, Synaxis, Ognwe-, Halpin, Sivva, Bigstick, Jemus, Colichemarde
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunga
    His pant muscles aren't as big as ours...

Page 17 of 47 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast