Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: disappointment

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default disappointment

I am disappointed with the Ghallanda server. Over the last 3-4 days I have been geeked to run all the new content and have fun exploring new areas, learning to techniques for defeating quests, and enjoying NOT running the shroud. I wanted to defeat all the new stuff on Elite and see what chalenges the DEVs have decided to throw at us this time.

Unfortunately over the last few days I see a whole lot of people doing all the same stuff. At one point this weekend I saw 5 Shroud LFMs up at the same time and not one new content LFM. Revers and hound runs were popular again. I created my own LFM for the white dragon on Elite and after 25 minutes of only one person asking to join, I decided to go do something else.

How many post were there over the last few months pleading for more content. How many people complained about how boring the shroud is now. In yet, when new content comes out, you STILL run the Shroud over and over? I have heard and read people saying, "let's let the power gamers figure out the quests and then we can steal there methods and run it with ease" Are you (*&$*&%$ serious! Don't casual players always complain that power gamers never really stop to smell the roses. Isn't using someone elses method, not truly enjoying the adventure?

If you havnt had the chance to run the new content yet, the dungeons are SWEET! I mean, think of the book The Hobbit. When Bilbo is undergound in the koboldish caves. What kind of underground nest did you imagine in your head? The kobold quest is EXACTLY what I had imagined and to see the work they did to bring that to life was very cool. The White dragon (s) (spoiler) look very cool. (although a bit weak) The Monks are BADASS. They have very high ACs, and hit like a Mack truck. Some challenging puzzles that do not require major twitch skills. Lots of chests for the loot wh0re in you.

I have ran all four new quests several times, I have three of the four done on Elite. If you are willing to try, and maybe try a few times, to complete the White dragon on Elite, I will be on around 8:30 EST and will be looking for a few good men.

So, in closing, I am a little disappointed that the best server in Stormreach would rather run old content then challenge themselves at new content. If you agree with me and would like to try to challenge yourself, meet me tonight.

Peace!
    Last edited by oogly54; 11-03-2008 at 10:33 AM.
    Ooglys Pet WF 18Wiz/2Rogue, Oogli 18 Bard/2Fighter, Ooog Ly 12 fighter/6 Ranger/2 Monk, Ogly 20th Cleric, Oogly 20th Rogue, Ooogly 20th Paladin, Oooogly 20th Fighter , Gallion 20th Sorcerer

Dude, I saw a couple of your LFM's and want to join soooo bad. But I was helping grind gems and loot the skellie.

I will totally hit you up tonight thou..

I'll run you through the dragon on elite sometime, it isn't hard. In fact nothing in this module is, which is probably why a lot of people, myself included, are growing bored after only a week.
    Quote Originally Posted by pjw View Post
    Thriand is probably one of the more 'well endowed' players

Quote Originally Posted by Thriand View Post
    I'll run you through the dragon on elite sometime, it isn't hard. In fact nothing in this module is, which is probably why a lot of people, myself included, are growing bored after only a week.
    x2 white dragon elite is my favorite

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by KatanAztar View Post
    x2 white dragon elite is my favorite
    A dragon's hoard ought to be better. It's a fun fight, but meh...
    bred of an Ice Flenser and a Djinni Ravensguard
    "You people are insatiable." - Tarrant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodasch View Post
    I do, it's true. I have a stick figure drawing with the word "Coldest" drawn above it and an arrow pointing from the name down to the drawing...

All I've been runnin' practically is the new stuff. Have seen a good number of folks in the new zone too. The new stuff is really tough, but it should be for the level it is. Maybe that has alot of folks turned off towards it?
    Calamitous Intent***The Broken
    Quote Originally Posted by tchurvul View Post
    ...I even took his robe as a trophy. It's so comfortable..and it reminds me of the sweet sweet taste of victory. All who oppose me meet such a fate, so let it be a lesson to you.
    773-360

Quote Originally Posted by Thriand View Post
    I think I have a good method for it and am posivite a group of puggers could go in and defeat it. The real point is that nobody seems to want to try.

Also Thri, you are in a great guild with lots of exceptional players. It may be easy to run the new content with 5 other very good players all with decks out equipment. The real question is whether it is hard running with your average pugger that doesn't know what you mean when you ask if they have a WOP, let alone having any teir three shroud items.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirea View Post
    A lot of the groups I've seen for new content are "know the way" or "know the quest" or "have the right stuff" or even "private"...along those lines.
    I did not ask for any particlular build in my LFM, I did not ask for you to know anything, but sill nobody tried to join.

BTW every quest I defeated the first time on Elite so far was done in 100% PUG. The problem is it is tough to get the groups together because so few are trying.
    Last edited by oogly54; 11-03-2008 at 12:43 PM.
    Ooglys Pet WF 18Wiz/2Rogue, Oogli 18 Bard/2Fighter, Ooog Ly 12 fighter/6 Ranger/2 Monk, Ogly 20th Cleric, Oogly 20th Rogue, Ooogly 20th Paladin, Oooogly 20th Fighter , Gallion 20th Sorcerer

Default Try seeing with different eyes perhaps?

Tons of new content being ran all weekend- was almost impossible to get a shroud in. Don't know when you're playing, but I saw constant gem, rune, essence runs all weekend on Ghallanda with almost no VOD or Shroud.

... and some of us still want to craft loot for which we can predict the result the first time -lol.

"In yet, when new content comes out, you STILL run the Shroud over and over." How do you know that the same people who are complaining about Shroud being boring are the ones still running it over and again?

Just have fun doing the runs/quests that you like- no need to goad other players or make assumptions about others who are simply doing what they enjoy. There are tons of people just learning the new content- that may be the most significant reason why you cannot find companions for White Dragon on elite...

Quote Originally Posted by oogly54 View Post
    I think I have a good method for it and am posivite a group of puggers could go in and defeat it. The real point is that nobody seems to want to try.

Also Thri, you are in a great guild with lots of exceptional players. It may be easy to run the new content with 5 other very good players all with decks out equipment. The real question is whether it is hard running with your average pugger that doesn't know what you mean when you ask if they have a WOP, let alone having any teir three shroud items.
    wait there are people out there without wops? Its true though I tend to opt to solo and short man things before I take puggers along, especially with newer content. I'm fairly confident that I could take your average group of people in any of the new content on elite and beat it so long as they are willing to listen and follow directions.
    Quote Originally Posted by pjw View Post
    Thriand is probably one of the more 'well endowed' players

Well maxed out favor and ransacked on most the quests and areas on main character. Maybe people are just taking a break from the stuff or like myself hate starting up a PUG LFM
    Being a cleric most the time, I usually wait for a LFM fills up before committing.
    I love you Abbot♥

The original fear of the new content is slowly waining and more and more LFMs seem to be up for the new content.

We did still wait 25 minutes last nght to fill a Prey group, then we crushed the quest in no time at all. A couple vorpals and paralysers dropped as well. I wish they would fix the **** ice walls/floors so they drop more efficiently.

I'll run new content with you anytime. I have three toons with all six gems
    and working on getting them the quest gems.

Nylan just needs Monarchy gem. Grissa needs Prey and Kobold.
    Taarna needs them all.

Working on my cleric lvl 14 (Victor) too. I also have a lvl 16 rogue at your service.
    Nicholas.

All in the L&H Guild.

I am baffled as well. (out of town right now so I'm not playing ANYTHING)

That's really all there is to it. I don't get it. My biggest complaint on the new quests is just that there aren't enough of them. They are very cool quests.

I'm not trying to hate on people that still need large scales - I do too - but honest and earnest curiosity is there.

Why not run the new content? I honestly don't understand. Please tell me why?
    sravana, kirtana, smarana, dasya, atma-nivedana
    ...NAMASTE...

So is that why you ran so many Sub loot runs with us on Suday?

-BTW: How is that WOP bow working out for your bard?

-Grim

Come to Argo Ooog. Do it.

Many of us have been running new content. Ever since level 10, I had been waiting for a new short and sweet loot run (similar to the old giant caves). The Garamol run is it! I will probably tire of this shortly and run it when I am bored or have a little time to spare. But it is new content to me. The loot is of course a major draw.

I also do not know all the pre-reqs for the new content, don't know how long to grind or what exactly to run, and don't want to bother asking when I see an LFM up.

That said, I'm sure plenty of others will flock your way that are ransacked in the Sub.
    Margolie L16 Wizard Beaar L16 Fighter14-Rogue2 Beaaar L16 Cleric Gwynneth L14 Paladin10-Cleric3-Sorc1 Relle L16 Ranger15-Rogue1 Aluzia L7 Bard Bareskin Rugg L16 Ranger2-Monk2-Fighter2 Manbearpigg L12 Cleric10-Monk2

A lot of the groups I've seen for new content are "know the way" or "know the quest" or "have the right stuff" or even "private"...along those lines.

How are people supposed to learn the new content if no one is willing to teach them? I don't have high lvl toons on Risia so I couldn't grind the new quests for two weeks before they went live. Quite frankly I'm disappointed that some people on our laid-back server are showing their "elitism", so to say...

$0.02

P.S. At least our guild leader ran those quests with you so we have a chance to learn them now
    Sohryu ~ Raven's Guard ~ Orien

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Traps in DDO don't actually deal damage, they politely ask your avatar to damage themselves.

On a serious note alot of people are running the new content, they are just running it with people they trust. Personally I'd rather solo the new content (or solo until I die in most cases) to look around, take my time, taste the schnozberries, etc. than run with a group especially a PUG. If I am going to group it would only be with people I trust until I get an overall feel for the quest.

Think about when you were PUGging your way up to level 16, you really want to take those people to guard your back in unknown territory? You so craaaazy.
    KIP

How are people supposed to learn the new content if no one is willing to teach them? I don't have high lvl toons on Risia so I couldn't grind the new quests for two weeks before they went live. Quite frankly I'm disappointed that some people on our laid-back server are showing their "elitism", so to say...

$0.02

P.S. At least our guild leader ran those quests with you so we have a chance to learn them now

Yeah, actually, this goes for the lfm's up that I've seen too. "Know the way" and "Know what's up" isnt exactly helpful to those of us that have never run the new content. And really, people are less willing to join a group when they find out that it's made of all the "elite group rejects" that don't know where they are going.

And honestly, I was in the mood for a shroud this weekend too. After getting beat up and thrown about in the new quests and lowbies, I really just wanted to feel like i beat the snot out of something and feel like I've accomplished something. Thus, the Shroud.
    Alexandria: ~TR~ Barb, cap. Elzibith: Barb, lvl 15. Luaidhean: Casting Cleric, cap. Premika: Battle FvS, cap. Siobhann: Battle Bard, cap. Temperrance: ~TR~ Monk, lvl 18. Treaka: ~TR~ Arti, lvl 13. Venngeance: DPS Ranger, cap. Yzabelle: ~TR~ Sorc, lvl 16
    The Sabbat, Ghallanda

How are people supposed to learn the new content if no one is willing to teach them?
    Sorry to single you out, but this type of comment infuriates me. WHY? Because nobody needs to be taught to run the new quest, go in knowing nothing and learn it yourself. I did not run on Risia either. I went into the new quests knowing nothing. The first time we ran kobold, it was quit dificult, but we kept at it, adjust our method and came up with a way to make it easy on elite. If you always have someone teach you, you are never really learning how to think for yourself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast