Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Exact Directions to Suberrane Skelly Chest using Runes to Determine Entrance

For those interested, we have figured out exactly how to read the RUNES that lead to the skelly chamber and the nice subterrane chest dropping lots of named goodies, to include icy raiments...

There are three entrances, as far as I can tell and accord with the "G" runes on the skelly carving's eyes in these pictures. The skelly carving is found after the first portal on the way to the hound where you have to kill the two spiders.

If the "G" rune is over the skellies' left eye (right if you are lookin' at him - note picture below), then it is the lower room (note left = lower). We will call this Entrance 1. Directions to this entrance are below this picture.

ENTRANCE 1) Head like you are heading to the hound. In the big room (this room is prior to going through the door to the east entrance portal where beholder and mind flayer are), drop down hard two levels to your left and go underneath where you entered the room to the NE corner of the room. There is a mindflayer there.

If the "G" rune is over the skellies' right eye (left if you are lookin' at him - note picture below), then it is the upper room (further north). Directions to this entrance are below this picture. We will call this Entrance 2.

ENTRANCE 2) The same directions to the big room as above. Except, instead of dropping down two levels, drop one and stay head N in the center. There is a door there. Go through that door, make a left, go up ramp, make a quick right, drop down and then another quick right and you are there. There will be a small fight and a shrine.

If neither eye has a "G" symbol, then you are facing entrance three, which is easier to recall, regroup and rerun than it is to head all the way to through the east subterrane.

ENTRANCE 3) On the east side, almost to the hermit beholder room.

I hope this helps some of you score some shiney lootz. Have seen 3 icy raiments drop in same chest, so get it while it is hot!

Good luck and good lootz!
    ~ Dex (Argo)
    Last edited by Big-Dex; 11-01-2008 at 01:51 AM.
    Member of Legendary Knights of Mabar :: Dex | Yonathan | Rexxx | Sallyanne | Yonn | Cazz | Qyx | Vexation | Brio | Fixxx | Sinz | Sykopath

Where is this skellie?

*EDIT: Obviously asking the one that denotes location(IE the one pictured.).
    Guildless-Khyber

Lendra/Lendraa/Mordachi/Deathsong and assorted other gimps

As I say above, it is after the first portal on the way to hound. Right after you go through the that portal, where the two spiders are to the left that have to be killed, the skelly face carving (as pictured) above is right there in front of you.

~ Dex
    Member of Legendary Knights of Mabar :: Dex | Yonathan | Rexxx | Sallyanne | Yonn | Cazz | Qyx | Vexation | Brio | Fixxx | Sinz | Sykopath

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by jperz View Post
    ...and the nice subterrane chest dropping lots of named goodies, to include icy raiments..
    so this isn't considered an exploit as it has been rumored to be?

Quote Originally Posted by kinar View Post
    so this isn't considered an exploit as it has been rumored to be?
    Does not appear to be, in another thread concerning this subject a developer poked his head in couple times to offer "hints". I would suspect that if this was not working as intended, not a peep would have been heard. Thats just my opinion tho.

R
    ---------------------
    Faskin-Lorich-Lorichae-Lorichei-Loriches-Lorichh-Lorichha-Lorichie-Lorichies-Lorichiette-Lorichisoul-Lorricch-Lorrich

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lorichie View Post
    in another thread
    link?

Ummm... it is in the release notes

The Subterrane

The rare encounter with Garamon in the Subterrane may prove much more profitable than before. A number of interesting treasures have been reported.

I am thinking maybe, just maybe, not an exploit

Quote Originally Posted by geoffhanna View Post
    Ummm... it is in the release notes

The Subterrane

The rare encounter with Garamon in the Subterrane may prove much more profitable than before. A number of interesting treasures have been reported.

I am thinking maybe, just maybe, not an exploit
    They may still have goofed and accidentally linked every single named item into that chest - I am seeing sunblades, low level named items, high level ones, +2 tomes which should only come from raid chests, etc.

Guildie the day before alone pulled 1 icy rainment, +2 tome, sunblade
    In 4 runs afterwards yesterday, I saw at least 2 sunblades drop, and another +2 tome.

Call me a cynic, but I don't think they would have added that kind of powerful loot to an encounter that is soloable by a competent caster, doesn't have a 3 day timer, and you can just keep ransacking over and over, all of this in a run that takes roughly 5 minutes to get to (max, sometimes just 2), 1 minute to fight.

But hey, maybe they did intend to bork the loot system for the entire game and make all raids pointless
    Devs: Thanks for making Druids available to VIPs without the pack. This more than anything, has made me want to buy the pack.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Solmage View Post
    They may still have goofed and accidentally linked every single named item into that chest - I am seeing sunblades, low level named items, high level ones, +2 tomes which should only come from raid chests, etc.

In 4 runs afterwards yesterday, I saw at least 2 sunblades drop, and another +2 tome.

Call me a cynic, but I don't think they would have added that kind of powerful loot to an encounter that is soloable by a competent caster, doesn't have a 3 day timer, and you can just keep ransacking over and over, all of this in a run that takes roughly 5 minutes to get to (max, sometimes just 2), 1 minute to fight.

But hey, maybe they did intend to bork the loot system for the entire game and make all raids pointless
    Since when should all +2 tomes be from raid chests?

+2 tomes which should only come from raid chests, etc.
    Dude, +2 tomes can come from Vale dungeon quests, Vale End Rewards for completing Vale quests, and from the chests in the outdoorsy parts leading up to the new content quests.

It's been a LONG time since +2 tomes only dropped in Raid chests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

In about 12 actual chests (many more runs than that the first day that failed to spawn the skele), i've seen sunblades, maces of smiting, dwarven thrower's, luck blades, icy rainments. I've not seen a tome yet, and not seen any other named item. I'm not saying i dont believe it mind you, but if folks are pulling other named loot, it's looking like really low pull rates.

When this first came to be, i was convinced that it would destroy the economy. I mean, this loot run ten pulls per toon, ten toons per account, why run anything else? Those rare items will not be rare in a week. The low level stuff we wouldnt use anyway at higher levels, only the rainment, which while is more difficult to get from Gop, still can be gotten, and the beholder pops every time and is probably a bit faster. A static group of six, will have the rainment on any toon they need in short order, if they try for it.

We'll make some money, and have a few shinies to play with at lower levels, and mebbe some +2 tomes (which we can get as easy in raids, specially the shroud), but i've changed my opinion and i dont think it'll destroy anything. We already have a bazillion plat and items anyway. This just cause us to swap it around a little, and give us something different to do.

Sorry for the wall of text,

R
    ---------------------
    Faskin-Lorich-Lorichae-Lorichei-Loriches-Lorichh-Lorichha-Lorichie-Lorichies-Lorichiette-Lorichisoul-Lorricch-Lorrich

Another way to get a chest every time is by going through the first door, down the skeleton stairs and then left at the end. When you get to the end of that corridor you go right or left depending on where the G is. If it was left you're going to be pass a shrine next to a door. Outside that door is a beholder. If the rune by the beholder points right it's down the bottom, if there is no G it is through the next door and on the right. These three spawns are all close enough together to get one from every attempt.

I think this is a shorter pass than the one posted above.

I've added the route we've been running to Da5h-au's map: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=149639

Green lines are the path we take.
    Gold Gs are a decision point, left right or straight on depending on position/absence of a G rune.
    Gold G with a red line through it is one to ignore.
    Last edited by Kintro; 11-01-2008 at 03:12 PM.

Community Member

Nope, it's intended Devs have been commenting on it somewhat. With a limited amount of named items dropping. As for the +2 tomes, I've personalyl seen several drop from various rare chests in the Subterean since it came out, nothing odd there at all..... We dont' knwo if the drop rate is higher than it should be or was intended to be, but it's clear that the chest is dropping what they intended it too drop.

Now as far as the directions to the chests, and the clues in the giant runes..... Very nice work jperz, I knew those either had to be to the open portal OR to the Pub..... I wish it were the Pub though

Happy looting!

Quote Originally Posted by Kintro View Post
    Another way to get to the two easier chests is by going through the first door, down the skeleton stairs and then left at the end. When you get to the end of that corridor you go right or left depending on where the G is.

I think this is a shorter pass than the one posted above.
    Nope. I have run that way. Not shorter...that is why I posted this method ... and it absolutely confirms where the skelly entrance will be. He is always there, it is the entrance to his lair that changes.

~ Dex

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Missing Minds View Post
    Od ccourse this link is all abuot the devs telling you howto get there....has nothing todo with the dungeon dropping all sorts of extremely rare named loot on an extremely elevated basis...

Sure the release notes mention that his loot was changed, but it doesn't mention that they screwed it up (IMO it is a screwup wether it was intended or not).

And lastly, I love how those of you picked out the the one incorrect statement in solmages post. Yes +2 tomes drop elsewhere, but the rest of his post is true...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by smatt View Post
    Nope, it's intended Devs have been commenting on it somewhat...
    Once again, link please?

I've seen +2 tomes from one of the chests in there, not sure if it was the 'raid' chest or the other one.

Garth

Garth 20/ftr (Kensei) Haeson 20/clr Cairis 12/ftr 6/rgr 2/rog Xortan 20/wiz
    Tinosa 20/brd Garthbot 20/fvs Gaarth 18/ftr 1/rgr 1/rog (Stal Def)
    Tibetan 20/mnk Automatic DDO raid timers Haezon 20/sor (Conj)

link?
    Quote Originally Posted by missing Minds View Post
    once Again, Link Please?
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Once again, link please?

Hey Kinar,

Take a look at the RELEASE NOTES, it is right there in black and white under "QUESTS".

It says,

The Subterrane
    • The rare encounter with Garamon in the Subterrane may prove much more profitable than before. A number of interesting treasures have been reported.
    Couple that with these three links from the DEV TRACKER, and there you have it...

If you don't feel comfortable looking for and looting a chest that the DEVS are throwing hints at us to make it easier to find, that is your perogative, but let those who want to find it be.

~ Dex
    Last edited by Big-Dex; 11-01-2008 at 11:16 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast