Default How Helpful is DDO - and a thanks

Some people may ridicule us for playing a video game, but in this instance, an MMO has helped someone close to me.

Someone close to me who plays DDO sporadically recently had a rough few days, took some time off work, and spent a fair bit of that time in Argo, generally escaping real life for a while.

During that time, one person was there to give them some support, listen to their troubles, share some soothing words, and generally encourage them, and the improvement in their midset was great to see.

So, to this person that took the time to spend with them, a big heartfelt thanks.

You know who you are, and maybe you will get 'fixed' one day

Thanks
    And on the eigth day god went for a beer.

And on the ninth day he was still in the pub with his mates, and is going to be in big trouble when Mrs god finds him.

Sucram (L14 Ranger)
    Bamfone (L14 Fighter)
    Superbamm (L13 Fighter, L1 Paladin)

Relic of the Last War
    Scholar of Adventure
    Founder

Thumbs up Well Done Argo folk

Hurrah!!!

I used DDO to wing me through the years apart from the gal I love. It was easier to do the ostrich syndrome than to deal with it, but now that's all coming full-circle.

Oh yeah, Kist is going to Australia for Christmas. Heck YES!!! (well, 85% sure I am)

Anyway, I'm glad gaming community's like DDO and our awesome server(s) ex!ist. Kudos to you who bled on Argo and those who mended their wounds with empathy and the ability to listen and advise. I've met a lot of fantastic folks and undoubtedly so did dear disjunctioned soul while winding down on our server.

I can tell you right now I have several friends that I made through DDO that have helped me through this very rough year.

To those who know who you are thank you and I love you guys.
    To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!
    Go for the eyes Boo!

Quote Originally Posted by Bamf View Post
    Some people may ridicule us for playing a video game, but in this instance, an MMO has helped someone close to me.

Someone close to me who plays DDO sporadically recently had a rough few days, took some time off work, and spent a fair bit of that time in Argo, generally escaping real life for a while.

During that time, one person was there to give them some support, listen to their troubles, share some soothing words, and generally encourage them, and the improvement in their midset was great to see.

So, to this person that took the time to spend with them, a big heartfelt thanks.

You know who you are, and maybe you will get 'fixed' one day

Thanks
    Thanks for sharing.
    I know i get alot of **** on the boards for being kinda a smart ass but that
    is just kinda the "character" I like to play...since its so far from what I am like normally..even in game.

And although I am a very private person and I dont share much personal information on the boards or with my guild mates...the last few years have been a huge strain on me and if it wasnt for the friendships and enjoyment of ddo i can honestly say that things would be alot worst off for me now.

Wurd. DDO has helped me escape the pressures of Nursing School, and provided much needed laughter to keep some of my sanity. LOL ( o )( o )
    **As the Great Emu is one with the hill, so am I with the Great Emu.**
    PlatinumKnightsddo.us

Quote Originally Posted by Gum View Post
    Wurd. DDO has helped me escape the pressures of Nursing School
    Gumlord Focker?
    [Founder/Leader of the Bloodlords of Argonnesen]
    [DaveyKhealerAcapellaParlospiGodithGearey Gygax]

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyCrockett View Post
    Gumlord Focker?
    ROFL! Epic name right there. dang I love that movie, haha
    **As the Great Emu is one with the hill, so am I with the Great Emu.**
    PlatinumKnightsddo.us

I have met some of the most amazing people through ddo. I completely understand how you feel with the op. I am glad they were there and could make a difference in your life. This game for me has put people on my path in life who I now wonder why I have just now found. The community that plays this game are top notch. And hats off to all my guildies. You rule.
    Toons are in a constant state of flux. Khyber server.

Quote Originally Posted by Trillea View Post
    Maybe your forum name should be lord_of_halfling_rage then...