Community Member

Default Another failed shroud run

yet again the clreics could not heal people in shroud the first 4 mass heals i tried to throw did not go off as well as the other clerics. I do not know what changed when turbine took the servers down a week ago but i hope they fix it soon. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed.

Tip: Don't melee nearly as much, and have mostly evasion+high AC types on harry up front, while you shoot him down. Sure, you'll take 3-4 rounds instead of 1-2 but it works.

Two completions under severe lag already, it's fun in a very masochistic sort of way. Heh.
    Devs: Thanks for making Druids available to VIPs without the pack. This more than anything, has made me want to buy the pack.

Default Arrys Lag Companion

It is difficult but possible to get part 4 done in 2 rounds with the lag issues. A few Black Mantis members with others did it 2 nights ago, the key is to not create more lag with spell effects, no dancing orbs over fogs with webs, just have casters drop heightened webs to take care of the devils in between his appearances, and a single solid or better yet maxed & empowered acid fog (Yes it will do damage) on him. Tanks hang back about 1 second when he drops to let that effects lag go and get in there. Just give ample time to get out from blades since you mights lag through them.
    PROUD LEADER OF BLACK MANTIS - Sarlona
    DDO Completionist-You Win DDO-You Lose Life
    NOW YOU WILL KNOW TRUE POWER

Yea, I was recently starting to run the shroud again as I'm pretty close to being able to upgrade my tier three weapon.

I've had major problems in part 5 in particular with my cleric's mass healing spells just not going off. It got so bad in one run that someone said over voice chat "are you even healing?" Now, they were being critical, but I can't blame them! The answer was "yes, I'm spamming my heal buttons, they just ain't working!"
    DDOcast - A weekly podcast about DDO!
    Characters: Sarlona: Mockduck (Cleric): Beefheart (Fighter): Mockduk (Ranger/Rogue): Monkduck (Monk): Veiovis (Fvs/Rog) Guild: Mockduck (Rogue) Cannith: Mockduck (Fvs/Rogue) Twitter Facebook

Its definately worse for a healer with the whole hit the button and wait to see how many seconds until it works. However, evasion melee in the front ranks still works and using a blocker may be a better tactic now than before, as you'll keep the clerics planted and more able to consider when they have to hit the heals.

Tormenting Role Players, Perma-Death players, and Turbine Mods since February 2006!
    Clandestine * Magestic * HughJaas * Chaloopa * LaBamba * Fervent * DezNuda * Heinous * DeLaScorcha * Waxxoff

I've found it's better to just kill him in 1 round on norm or 2 or 3 rounds on elite, means the clerics have to heal less. Get some dps in the group
    Boldrin//Grandmaster Flash//Cartaras
    Plucky // Whipping //Malachus
    Juxta//Pigsticker//Stealyour// Internet
    Proud member of Loreseekers

Default Cleric protection

The perfect way to prevent most of Arry's spells from landing on the clerics and casters is to have the evasion tanks stand like a shield wall with their backs facing the southwest where most groups rally at the start and between appearances, clerics cand casters should then stand at a distance any where behind that wall with some safety, this may mean some more healing for tanks with out evasion that take some fireball damage, but clerics can focus on healing the group and casters can unload.
    PROUD LEADER OF BLACK MANTIS - Sarlona
    DDO Completionist-You Win DDO-You Lose Life
    NOW YOU WILL KNOW TRUE POWER

Quote Originally Posted by Boldrin View Post
    I've found it's better to just kill him in 1 round on norm or 2 or 3 rounds on elite, means the clerics have to heal less. Get some dps in the group
    The problem isn't lack of dps, it's lack of healing. If the lag is REALLY bad the heals simply don't go off, at all, or REALLY randomly. In such a case, the prudent course of action is to take a hit to dps in exchange for reduced randomness.

If you put only the high AC/evasion hardly don't need healing tanks up front, and range with everyone else, it will take a bit longer but you'll be guaranteed to complete it if the lag is terrible.

Devs: Thanks for making Druids available to VIPs without the pack. This more than anything, has made me want to buy the pack.

my monk doesn't take any dmg from harry - the improved evasion combined with the 74 AC seems to work pretty well

...and sergod was saying monks don't have DPS - maybe I should keep stepping on the Sarlona ethernet cable until people believe me

Garth

Garth 20/ftr (Kensei) Haeson 20/clr Cairis 12/ftr 6/rgr 2/rog Xortan 20/wiz
    Tinosa 20/brd Garthbot 20/fvs Gaarth 18/ftr 1/rgr 1/rog (Stal Def)
    Tibetan 20/mnk Automatic DDO raid timers Haezon 20/sor (Conj)

Glad to see that this is a known issue. . .
    I did a shroud run the day before I left for vacation on my NEW pc, and hardly any of my mass heals hit the group--I went through all my SP on round 1, and I never do that--so I was thinking that even though I no longer lag, that something was wrong with my pc.
    Hexxa CLR 25 *TR* * ~Hexanna ~*TR* FVS 25 * Hexecuter CLR 20 *Flexanna RGR/R/M 18/1/1 *TR* * Flexa FTR/R 18/2 TR * Hextravaganz Bard *TR* 18/2 * Hexotic Sorc 13 * Hexquisite Wiz 23 * ~~Quantum Entropy * SARLONA~~ - * and various other scoundrels

It's not just the Shroud, Vod and hound were also bad. People were dying before I could even see they needed a heal, and because of the lag, the clerics were over casting each other. Let's hope its fixed today.

Scribner 15/1 cleric/sorc

Quote Originally Posted by Solmage View Post
    Tip: Don't melee nearly as much, and have mostly evasion+high AC types on harry up front, while you shoot him down. Sure, you'll take 3-4 rounds instead of 1-2 but it works.

Two completions under severe lag already, it's fun in a very masochistic sort of way. Heh.
    Thats cool that you got a strat down for it.

This is one reason I hate the game though. We as players are constantly challenged to find a "workaround" or other than intended way of doing things due to lag (Shroud), or poor development (Abbott).

Really, congrats to you for once again "finding a way" but the devs should look at these types of posts and say:

"These players should not have to compensate for our poor performance, they have been doing it for a long time now on multiple issues, we need to get our **** straight and be a fully functional game" or some other form of taking responsibility.

ran it last night no problems healing, no delays, was much better, for argo at least it appears the lag monster has gone elsewhere
    Fallen former minion of the Gelatinous Cube
    Proud Member of Ascent
    Arko Highstar
    Arckos Highstar

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Nealand View Post
    yet again the clreics could not heal people in shroud the first 4 mass heals i tried to throw did not go off as well as the other clerics. I do not know what changed when turbine took the servers down a week ago but i hope they fix it soon. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed.
    The higher the DPS the greater the lag. When I cleric, I find it best to cast cure light mass, count to 2, cure mod mass, count to 3, cure light mass. All spells are empowered, but no quicken, no maximize--they drain too much sps. If you think you are getting too far behind, pop a cure ser mass and ALWAYS center on the one tank you know will be dumb/uber enough to stay in during the blades so that cowardice/intelligence of other party members won't result in your mass heals not landing.

Another tip is to skip spot healing when there is lag, just always cast your mass heals as though the guy with the lowest hitpoints at the time is the one you are trying to heal.

Of note: this works great when your party can drop him in one pass since by the time you are done with one pass, you will usually be down to 20-40% sps.

G'luck