Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Quests that are solo-impossible

I have been on 2 quests now that are solo impossible. On one - I was with a party (good). On the other, I was actually solo (bad). Is there any way (that perhaps I missed) to be able to tell when a quest is solo impossible at all?

For example - you need one person to pull a switch and another to do something else.

TIA

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by chrichton View Post
    I have been on 2 quests now that are solo impossible. On one - I was with a party (good). On the other, I was actually solo (bad). Is there any way (that perhaps I missed) to be able to tell when a quest is solo impossible at all?
    There's no way, aside from knowing that only a very few quests are unsoloable.

Which are those two that you found? No low-level quests are unsoloable, so it's interesting to see where you were. I assume one was Delera's Tomb.

Yep - one was Delera's.

The other was (I think) a lvl 4 quest in House P - Rest for the Restless?

Rest can be soloed I believe you just have to be willing to recall out
    Fallen former minion of the Gelatinous Cube
    Proud Member of Ascent
    Arko Highstar
    Arckos Highstar

Yep both of em are unsoloable. But again, this is a MMO, which includes a social aspect in a game ... It may be fun to solo at times, but mostly this game encourages teamplay, its what it was made for.

Agreed - this is a social game, but appropriate groups are not always there to join - and soloing can be a great challenge (so far).

I had not thought of recalling - and it is probably too expensive to try to buy a Dimension Door scroll and hope my UMD can hack it.

Community Member dragons1ayer74's Avatar

Dimension Door no longer comes on scrolls to buy from a vendor so getting one could be challenging. Recall out for 20% penelty or recruit someone to pull the lever.

Delara part 2 you cant even do that you need someone to pull the switch, that is likley changing with the new update you wil be able to hire an npc to pull the switch for you.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkoHighStar View Post
    Yep.. Pull Lever, Kill Ghouls,Recall, and Continue on.
    The Vue!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post
    Or ddoor.
    given the lvl of the quest and the fact that you can no longer buy dimension door scrolls. I doubt that applies to anyone but those running it for favor
    Fallen former minion of the Gelatinous Cube
    Proud Member of Ascent
    Arko Highstar
    Arckos Highstar

Or ddoor.
    My Videos Shadow Mage (ok, it's a build now)
    A forum post should be like a skirt - long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
    Britches and Hose kidnapped my dog and are forcing him to farm Shroud ingredients.

One of the Necropolis quests cannot be soloed short of special builds and knowledge since it requires you to have beings on 4 activate spots at once, 2 on one side and two on the other. No level appropriate toons would be able to do it (it is a level 5 quest).

The next lowest level that is hard/impossible to complete solo would be Xorian Cipher.

A lot of quests are extremely difficult to solo when at those levels due to lack of access to high level spells that make them possible. Thinking of Guard Duty in three barrel cove, Archer Point Defense (since it is real hard at level 5 to be setting up enough CC to keep any intruder from getting past you in both locations at once).
    Sarlona - The Ko Brotherhood :Jareko-Elf Ranger12Rogue8+4E; Hennako-Human Cleric22; Rukio-Human Paladin18; Taellya-Halfling Rogue16; Zenako-Dwarf Fighter10Cleric1; Daniko-Drow Bard20; Kerriganko-Human Cleric18; Buket-WF Fighter6; Xenophilia-Human Wiz20; Zenakotwo-Dwarf Cleric16; Yadnomko-Halfling Ftr12; Gabiko-Human Bard15; lots more

Solo'ing can be fun.. but I find when I'm bored and I can't find a good party.. I just go do Explorer and/or slayer in some of the wilderness areas.
    Sarlona: Dymondd Sar Tennith: lvl 15 Human Paladin/Fighter - Rusty Pick Guild
    Khyber: SparrHawk Instellius lvl 17 Human Paladin, Storrmyy Instellius lvl 16 Drow Cleric, Teknikal SuhPoort lvl 16 Dwarf Barbarian, Falcynn Instellius lvl 8 Halfling Ranger - Elite Noobs

There was a good thread on this a while back here.

Garth

Garth 20/ftr (Kensei) Haeson 20/clr Cairis 12/ftr 6/rgr 2/rog Xortan 20/wiz
    Tinosa 20/brd Garthbot 20/fvs Gaarth 18/ftr 1/rgr 1/rog (Stal Def)
    Tibetan 20/mnk Automatic DDO raid timers Haezon 20/sor (Conj)

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

having ddoor spell scrolls, spell or dragonmark allows it to be soloed without recalling on rest for the restless

Beware the Sleepeater

Default hrmm

My battle bard soloed the level five necro tomb quest at level 5, armed with a stack of summon monster scrolls, and pretty decent dps. But it took MULTIPLE attempts to kill a wight on each of the stands in one room, run to the other, and then stand on one and summon to another one, before the killed wights "wore off". And with each fail, I'd have to wait five min for the dungeon to reset.

But yes, short of a casting build that can both summon and kill quickly, it's not really very soloable at level.

Quote Originally Posted by miceelf88 View Post
    My battle bard soloed the level five necro tomb quest at level 5, armed with a stack of summon monster scrolls, and pretty decent dps. But it took MULTIPLE attempts to kill a wight on each of the stands in one room, run to the other, and then stand on one and summon to another one, before the killed wights "wore off". And with each fail, I'd have to wait five min for the dungeon to reset.

But yes, short of a casting build that can both summon and kill quickly, it's not really very soloable at level.
    The timing on that had to be a sob to pull off. Youv'e more perserverance than I....just one mismove, or taking one more shot to kill the wight would have blown it I would guess. Once a caster can Stone to Flesh, no problem. Lawn gnome, lawn gnome, lawn gnome, stand...gates open. as long as the lawn gnomes don't come with the optional stone wheels so many mobs get installed....grin
    Sarlona - The Ko Brotherhood :Jareko-Elf Ranger12Rogue8+4E; Hennako-Human Cleric22; Rukio-Human Paladin18; Taellya-Halfling Rogue16; Zenako-Dwarf Fighter10Cleric1; Daniko-Drow Bard20; Kerriganko-Human Cleric18; Buket-WF Fighter6; Xenophilia-Human Wiz20; Zenakotwo-Dwarf Cleric16; Yadnomko-Halfling Ftr12; Gabiko-Human Bard15; lots more

Default zenako

Yep, it was a pain in the butt. I think I finally got the gates open on my 9th or 10th attempt. But it still took less time than waiting to find a group to do it with in offhours (necro remains a pretty unpopular area)

Quote Originally Posted by Zenako View Post

The next lowest level that is hard/impossible to complete solo would be Xorian Cipher.
    you can solo xorian cipher - summon or create undead, break enchantment, flesh to stone. its tricky but you can do it
    Lysol, Winner of the Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by weyoun View Post
    you can solo xorian cipher - summon or create undead, break enchantment, flesh to stone. its tricky but you can do it
    No, you can't. Once you get past the barrier, you must throw a switch on both the right and left sides and a barrier springs up at the beginning of each corridor(preventing a switch throw/ddoor/switch throw).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by weyoun View Post
    Wrong. Summoned undead cannot pull levers or spin tiles, especially if you turn them to stone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast