Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Can a cleric get further than this? solo vod.

Very frustrated atm... i got thus far.

http://s386.photobucket.com/albums/o...nShot00085.jpg

Cant get further than it on my cleric keep getting ganked basically im good till then...then the chains and devil gangbang destroys me- any ideas?

N
    Last edited by nick_robinsonchia; 10-03-2008 at 04:17 PM.
    GROAN-1 (Melee/Casting Horc FVS)

Your picture shows the traps. For the traps you can hide out in an alcove until they are gone. Your text discusses the chains however which would seem in mind to be a bigger issue. I am guessing you used bb until the chains come out, but had trouble moving around when chained. You probably need to switch spells/strategy in all likelihood because those chains reduce your mobility. It is tough to mess with the teleporting devils while chained.

You have a few different options. One is just concentrating on survival and not worrying about killing them. I have not tested if the teleporting devils need to be killed in order for sulu to respawn after his intermission period. I do know that you don't need to kill the second wave of orthons to complete the quest. You will likely have to go for other spells/offensive tactics for a bit when sulu respawns because he will chain you extensively. Anything from comet fall to just about any spell that beats his spell mantle whenever he chains you and when you are not chained go back to bb. The problem with the change in spells/offensive tactics is it will be much less efficient and more costly.

I would tend to not worry about the 2nd wave of orthons as much, but focus my efforts on sulu. When they spawn if you are not chained drop the bb and if you kill a couple of orthons more power to you but once sulu dies it gets easier - the shrines spawn and bats die, and you can then pick off whatever orthons are left.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Thx for reply Norg,

Basially that was the last pic i had time for...gets heated after that point. The traps and bats and everything up to this point is very easy...its from here where im wracking my brains as what to do...

Its the chains bro... those devils put an absolute whoopin on ya.... still have got some work to do...think my enrvate guard in a coupla runs will help in that part...but still its the maneouverability. Correct in BB before that. After the traps go down 4 devils spawn and he comes down and whoops on you..whilst chained. I tried a few different things some just staying alive and BBing when not chained taking too much of a whooping... tried doing a few other things like cometfall g command w/e i can do to slow em down - gonna craft me some fog and displ clickies in shroud tonight or tomorrow and save for that part methinks - not worried bout the orthons and sulu... orthons dont do as much damage as the bearded ive found...

Bah its frustrating.... the chains are a royal pain in the ass.
    Last edited by nick_robinsonchia; 10-03-2008 at 04:46 PM.

Yeah I think you got the right of it. Mitigate as much damage as you can. Displacement would be huge during that period. If you could be stoneskined, displacement and in fog your survival will go way up. Displacement in particular would dramatically cut down the damage you take - we do it 4 times or so on every melee in that quest.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

I dont know if sally would agro on some pets, as i have never seen anyone try to summon any in there, but it might be worth a try. Maybe enough summoned earth ele's would decrease the chances of you getting the chains... or does that still count as "solo" completion?
    <Sarlona>Leafy - ranger , Ingvild - fighter, Backk - rogue, Dahgnabbit - warlock , Reinheits - cleric, <Lost Legion>

Soon as my cometfall hits im chained as it will hit alot harder than pets - i have diplo but 2bh i dont think itl lastlong enough.