Default Get away from Warhammer

I demand all the defectors that went to Warhammer return Now!!

AoK

Ishy/Methodman/McHammer/Hamsandwich/Wwooff/Carneasada/Ishbahl/Reeba/Jarule

Relic of the Last War
    Scholar of Adventure
    Founder

Quote Originally Posted by thomprob View Post
    I demand all the defectors that went to Warhammer return Now!!
    I haven't even gone yet....

But oh, I'm stepping towards the white light... any moment.... (it cost me an arm a leg and a New York Minute on ebay, but I have a Collector's Edition of WAR).

OMG it's out? I getting behind here.
    (EightySix-16 Cleric)(Lockwood-10 Fighter/3 Paliden/3 Rogue)(Trapspringer-13 Ranger/2 Fighter/1 Rogue)(Darkwatch-12 Fighter/3 Paliden/1 Rogue)(KillDash Nine-15 Wizard/1 Bard)(Chaosxy-16 Sorcerer)(Rockcutter-16 Monk)(Accidental-15 Bard/1 Fighter)(Chainsaw-14 Barbarian/2 Fighter)(HealingWind-7 Cleric)(Handsomerob-2 Rogue/1 Barbarian/1 Fighter)

Default Lol!

Come to Ghallanda where the water is fine... We've already had a guildy go over to it and come back.... on the first day of beta
    Alexandria: ~TR~ Barb, cap. Elzibith: Barb, lvl 15. Luaidhean: Casting Cleric, cap. Premika: Battle FvS, cap. Siobhann: Battle Bard, cap. Temperrance: ~TR~ Monk, lvl 18. Treaka: ~TR~ Arti, lvl 13. Venngeance: DPS Ranger, cap. Yzabelle: ~TR~ Sorc, lvl 16
    The Sabbat, Ghallanda

Default if it goes like AOC

they will be back pretty soon

played at little of the beta over the weekend.
    great concept great graphics interesting combat system.
    but ho hum game play....too much waiting for fills. Too many oppritunity to die for no reason.
    will be great for soloers and people who like PVP but just misses DDO's unique instanced quest feel.
    Quite frankly the ability to join a PUG or even a guild group for a speciifed mission then reform with others, is the what i like best about DDO. Small tight knit groups that freely dissolve and recombine, for the most part leaving most of us with fond memories of comradarie and fellowship (i know it sounds sappy). After two years I still don't have a squelch or do not group list. The bone head who ruined my first dragon run, is now somone I run with regularly. If folks that were with me when i made mistakes squelched me I couldn't every play again (LOL).
    Different strokes but my guess they'll be back

Sarlona Guild of the Black Dragon
    Egrofraw, Eighttrack, Fearstryker, Foecleaver, Ferricgnome, Rustoleum, SoPretty

Thank you for saving me the time to test beta.
    "Why...so...seriousss!", the Late Heath Ledger as the Joker StormLord Mascot

Community Member

Default I will never come back

WAR is by far the best MMO to come out in a long time. I havent liked PvP in any MMO I have ever played but WAR did an awesome job of implementing it. Over taking a keep and claiming it as your own, sacking a city, and scenarios are more tactics than just zerging and killing people in 2 hits. The player quests are great and the loot system for them is pretty unique. The game overall is just well made rather than filled with cheap gimmicks like AoC.

Personally I'm loving WAR beta. The pvp is great, instanced battle grounds, take and hold of 3 strategic points, capture the flag, Order Vs Destruction. The Public Quests (PQs) are like mini raids where anyone can wander over and start helping out because its just a point on the map where NPCs initiate story line and battles follow. During these PQs story lines unfold and bosses spawn needing you and many others to kill. After the boss has been killed you are assessed on how much you helped in the PQ, be it in damage or heals or objective completions, and given a score to be added to your roll. The highest 4 totals (usually) get assigned loot from a chest! obviously the number 1 total gets the best stuff and the others still get some good items.

Its honestly the best idea for mass public questing Ive ever seen (and yes, Ive played 90% of all MMOs out there right now). The pvp is actually FAIR (shock horror) because both Order and Destruction have the mirror classes of each other. Greenskins have Black Orcs, Dwarves have Iron Breakers. Dark Elves have the Disciple of Khaine, Empire have Warrior Priests. It all comes down to the better players.

Right now WAR is still in beta and is very buggy and the servers are up and down all the time, but this game holds alot of promise and if all goes well most of the server will have their wish granted and I wont be around much.....

Our current server is The Isle Of The Dead, we are Destruction. If you feel inclined come and join us, there is about 6 Tinted Faces there right now with, hopefully, more to follow.
    Last edited by Ozoro; 09-11-2008 at 03:41 PM.
    Ozoro, Serelu, Niras, Iras, Craddosk, Aloz.
    I Do Not Like This Place
    Quote Originally Posted by Galacticus View Post
    with the return of NIRAS to Archmagi I thought it was time for my exit
    Killing DDO one guild at a time

I was looking at this when it was first announced, thought "Cool! It's slightly more socially acceptable than pushing plastic soldiers around a tabletop (yes, I do that)! I think I'm going to try to get into the betas."

Then I saw the playable race list and there were no Skaven. What's the point without diseased, mutated, occasionally explosive kamikaze ratmen? Feh to you warhammer online. Call me back when I can juggle water balloons full of neurotoxins with my clawed hands (poisoned wind globadiers FTW)
    Near useless builds for those who want a challenge: The True(ly Useless) Necromancer - The Abuse Sponge Paladin
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

My guild took a team of six to beta test war and are now waiting for mod 8 LOL
    Shake N' Bake

I think I'm going to take my time, I wanted to get into the beta, hasn't happened, so it comes out Sep 18th, so they are prob. not going to have a free trial, I just hate getting jacked out of money for some piece of it, like when DDO first came out it was a piece of ****, but it got better, sure there are a few problems still hanging around, but I'm not going to do any of that pre ordering anymore.

If they want me to buy the game, they have to prove to me first that it is worth playing.
    (EightySix-16 Cleric)(Lockwood-10 Fighter/3 Paliden/3 Rogue)(Trapspringer-13 Ranger/2 Fighter/1 Rogue)(Darkwatch-12 Fighter/3 Paliden/1 Rogue)(KillDash Nine-15 Wizard/1 Bard)(Chaosxy-16 Sorcerer)(Rockcutter-16 Monk)(Accidental-15 Bard/1 Fighter)(Chainsaw-14 Barbarian/2 Fighter)(HealingWind-7 Cleric)(Handsomerob-2 Rogue/1 Barbarian/1 Fighter)

I've been beta testing War with Quethon, Ozoro, Hanam and Opall.
    While I am not as enchanted as they are with the game I do like it even though it's a mindless button masher.
    The Realm vs. realm (pvp) combat dialog is by far very superior to most PvP that I've encountered.
    The combat system is a bit wow'ish/lotro... button mashing *yuck*
    But on a plus side the combat system does have some unique aspects... none of which I am gonna get into.

The graphics are decent, but I miss my Halflings.
    The character custamization is nice but in the end every character tends to be the same.

Overall I like War, but I view more as a distraction than a replacement of DDO.

I am, Rameses!
    Argonnessen's only Halfling Paragon.
    Ascent

Quote Originally Posted by Rameses View Post
    I've been beta testing War with Quethon, Ozoro, Hanam and Opall.
    While I am not as enchanted as they are with the game I do like it even though it's a mindless button masher.
    The Realm vs. realm (pvp) combat dialog is by far very superior to most PvP that I've encountered.
    The combat system is a bit wow'ish/lotro... button mashing *yuck*
    But on a plus side the combat system does have some unique aspects... none of which I am gonna get into.

The graphics are decent, but I miss my Halflings.
    The character custamization is nice but in the end every character tends to be the same.

Overall I like War, but I view more as a distraction than a replacement of DDO.

I am, Rameses!
    Well I wouldnt say enchanted
    More like entertained.
    I actually didnt even log on to WAR last night....well for awhile anyways....Because DDO stated we had a live event going on.
    But after waiting and waiting and waitng some more....I realized there was no event

*Note* You may be missing your little halfling, but I think I read somewhere that people are willing to pay money to throw your little halfling around a bit
    Proud Leader Of <o>

Relic of the Last War
    Scholar of Adventure
    Founder

Question Argo WAR Server?

Hey Ramses, do you guys have CE accounts? Mine's activated, etc. Here's a list of the Oceanic Servers.

Darklands: Core Server
    Ironclaw: Core Server
    Anlec: Open RvR
    Lustria: Roleplay
    Lucan: Core Server
    Marius: Core Server

I'm thinking Anlec or Lustria since they're on the Oceanic List to meet the needs of kiwis & oz folk. Also, since they're Oceanic, should be a healthy supply of loot farmers.

If any of the servers actually were tied to a dragon or night setting by name, I'd already suggest that core server, but I don't know enough about the history to spout off a recommendation based on name history in this game.
    Last edited by Kistilan; 09-13-2008 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Server Listing

Quote Originally Posted by Ozoro View Post
    Our current server is The Isle Of The Dead, we are Destruction. If you feel inclined come and join us, there is about 6 Tinted Faces there right now with, hopefully, more to follow.
    was sure i covered it :P
    Ozoro, Serelu, Niras, Iras, Craddosk, Aloz.
    I Do Not Like This Place
    Quote Originally Posted by Galacticus View Post
    with the return of NIRAS to Archmagi I thought it was time for my exit
    Killing DDO one guild at a time

Relic of the Last War
    Scholar of Adventure
    Founder

Post Not Quite The Answer I was Looking For

Quote Originally Posted by Ozoro View Post
    was sure i covered it :P
    Nah Ozoro, they're purging the servers tonight (Sept 13th) for the Early Bird Launch tomorrow. I'll be there and wanted to know what one you guys were thinking of because those server names are getting NUKED.

I'm on Eladira or something right now, but I thought we'd shoot for an Oceanic Server because:

1. It won't be populated by as many kids & general players.
    2. Oz & kiwis will be looking at these servers
    3. Military members overseas will shoot for Oceanic Servers moreso than the rest.

Here's the link to a listing at Mythic of all the official servers, but I already displayed the Oceanic Servers. The rest are North American.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kistilan View Post
    Nah Ozoro, they're purging the servers tonight (Sept 13th) for the Early Bird Launch tomorrow. I'll be there and wanted to know what one you guys were thinking of because those server names are getting NUKED.

I'm on Eladira or something right now, but I thought we'd shoot for an Oceanic Server because:

1. It won't be populated by as many kids & general players.
    2. Oz & kiwis will be looking at these servers
    3. Military members overseas will shoot for Oceanic Servers moreso than the rest.

Here's the link to a listing at Mythic of all the official servers, but I already displayed the Oceanic Servers. The rest are North American.
    boring

Relic of the Last War
    Scholar of Adventure
    Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Aspenor View Post
    boring
    Not playing, Asp?

Edit: Thinking of Lucan, Marius or The Darklands now as a Core Server on the Oceanic List.
    Last edited by Kistilan; 09-14-2008 at 12:38 PM.