Default Spect-LAG-ular Shroud run

Guys (Handee, Deathrazor, Banque, Livewell, Fifthdc etc) ... I really sorry about my...uh... NON Involvement in the Shroud run earlier. I was having EXTREME Lag issues.

I could hear everyone fine.... but once the "Disco Balls" went up.... my internet "checked out"

On the up side... you guys ought to LAG out like that sometime... Watching "A" get his butt kicked after the fact in super speed.... was pretty cool! Of course.... the fact that it happened 10 minutes after everyone grabbed their loot and left ...well... that DID get a bit lonely...

Again...sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugsley View Post
    But you underestimate my ability to be horribly underpowered for long periods of time for the sake of an emotional attachment to an idea.
    Minstral of Mayhem
    Aces over Kings

part of the reason can be attributed to disco balls. some players in reaver lags badly when discos are up too. for this reason, i request my casters not to setup discos in shroud
    If you want to know why...

Default np ravn

banque kept sending me tells to boot u but that was to be expected lol j/k. hopefully u will be around on sat for my 41st.
    Heffty, Handee, Brainy, Grouchy, Vanitty, Paapa, Lazie, Smurffette, Jokie
    Best Pally and Guild Leader...PERIOD (Handee)
    Guild Leader Of A.O.K.

While I don't play on Argo, I have had a couple of occassion in the Shroud, where I was like 5 miutes behind everyone else. I was able to move and interact, though I guess my heals were not going off "on time" as people were still dying... but the biggest problem was that my chat both Voice and party were so far behind, I had no idea what was going on. And of Course the only clue to me that I had a problem was that no one was responding to anything I said or typed. Talk about having a hard time in a quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Heffty Smurf View Post
    banque kept sending me tells to boot u but that was to be expected lol j/k. hopefully u will be around on sat for my 41st.

you betcha... what time? I'll be home (was on the road this week),so I shouldn't have any Lag issues.

...unless of course... I'm not paying attention... and I die... then we ALL know it's cuz I "lagged" !!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugsley View Post
    But you underestimate my ability to be horribly underpowered for long periods of time for the sake of an emotional attachment to an idea.
    Minstral of Mayhem
    Aces over Kings

One guy in our guild has those lag issues big time - mainly in part 1! We limit out pulls to keep his lag down and don't use disco balls. On the off chance a devil pops, the lag gets bad too. He will fall 45 secs to 2 mins behind. Last night, we jokingly talked him to the right portal. He came and swung at it though on his monitor nothing was there! heh

~ Dex
    Member of Legendary Knights of Mabar :: Dex | Yonathan | Rexxx | Sallyanne | Yonn | Cazz | Qyx | Vexation | Brio | Fixxx | Sinz | Sykopath

Quote Originally Posted by Heffty Smurf View Post
    Lol, Friday is my 30th.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milamber69 View Post
    Please forgive my personal attack, I was high on Platypus Venom at the time.

Community Member

Default Sad isn't it

That we talk about the sorry state of affairs in the game like it was common place (wait it is common place). Thanks Turbine for the wonderful experience, your recognition of the problem and your promise that you’re working on it. Not…

PS. Glad u didn't get the boot. We don't use discos either but it’s a shame that we are limited to what can be used in our repertoire based upon Turbine shortcomings.

I'd kind of jumped on the "blame turbine for lag" bandwagon but I now think it has more to do with a persons internet connection than Turbine. I play with a friend who has a 5mb connection and he was fine in the shroud until his connection was throttled down to 256k up/down (his ISP did this when he exceeded his data cap for the month - don't ask, its the third world internet deals we have in NZ). This actually happened at the end of part one. Smooth play one moment, slide show the next. His voice chat was fine so he could hear we'd completed, he just hadn't caught up yet. Very funny.

Its a modern game. It needs a decent size connection and a decent machine. Thats all there is to it. If you're trying to run it on your cr*ppy-ass HP machine you got at Walmart for $299.99 two years ago, you're kidding yourself.
    Some toons with Cow in the name, and some without.

Quote Originally Posted by transtemporal View Post
    I'd kind of jumped on the "blame turbine for lag" bandwagon but I now think it has more to do with a persons internet connection than Turbine. I play with a friend who has a 5mb connection and he was fine in the shroud until his connection was throttled down to 256k up/down (his ISP did this when he exceeded his data cap for the month - don't ask, its the third world internet deals we have in NZ). This actually happened at the end of part one. Smooth play one moment, slide show the next. His voice chat was fine so he could hear we'd completed, he just hadn't caught up yet. Very funny.

Its a modern game. It needs a decent size connection and a decent machine. Thats all there is to it. If you're trying to run it on your cr*ppy-ass HP machine you got at Walmart for $299.99 two years ago, you're kidding yourself.
    That doesn't explain away how a full raid group of 12 can get lag at the exact same time when, say, running to VOD, or doing a lot of damage on the pit fiend or portals in the shroud.

I doubt everyone's running a $299.99 machine, all the time.
    Mhykke(Pldn):Mhykkelle(Srcr):Mykkelle(Rngr):Mhykael(Clrc):Mykke(Brbrn):Mhykel(Ftr):
    Mhykelle(Wzrd):Mhyke(Brd):Mykkael(Rgr/Rog/Barb):Mykkel(Rog):Mhykkaelsan(Mnk):Mhykkael(FVS):Mhykkel(Brd):Markas(Ret.Srcr)

Quote Originally Posted by Mhykke View Post
    That doesn't explain away how a full raid group of 12 can get lag at the exact same time when, say, running to VOD, or doing a lot of damage on the pit fiend or portals in the shroud.

I doubt everyone's running a $299.99 machine, all the time.
    And furthermore, being prejudiced against a person who has a machine and connection that meets the required specifications for the game and still lags or DC's is not kosher. There are people in unique circumstances who do the best with what they can afford or what their situation will allow. Regardless, people with awesome setups still lag as Mhykke quite rightly pointed out. It is a Turbine server issue, because 12 people in a Shroud raid all lagging says so.

Quote Originally Posted by Erekose View Post
    And furthermore, being prejudiced against a person who has a machine and connection that meets the required specifications for the game and still lags or DC's is not kosher. There are people in unique circumstances who do the best with what they can afford or what their situation will allow. Regardless, people with awesome setups still lag as Mhykke quite rightly pointed out. It is a Turbine server issue, because 12 people in a Shroud raid all lagging says so.
    Yeah... I have a good friend who plays at the minimum requirement for this game (below it actually) and I WANT TO KILL HIM. He can't go to the desert, he can't go to the vale, he can't go to the orchard. He can bearly make it through the marketplace. Playing with him is pretty painful and hes a good friend. If he wasn't...

I'm not saying you need to have a state of the art machine to play DDO, but the minimum spec is pure marketing. If you're playing there, you're a goddamned muppet.

Having said that, I don't debate that there aren't problems at Turbine's end. Some of those lag situations Mhykke mentioned are too repeatable to be coincedence. But at least with a good machine and connection you can limit the lag to those specific instances.
    Some toons with Cow in the name, and some without.

To lessen your lag monster, try using WEB instead of that eewber danceball. Besides the blue shields that go off like fireworks as it bounces off mobs SR is quite a sight.
    Psalm 144:1 Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle