Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New & Returning Player Mentor Program

*** NOTICE TO EVERYONE ***

This thread has been adopted by Clay and will continue on in another thread. Please go to the link below:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=230838

Thanks everyone
    Last edited by Levonestral; 02-14-2010 at 07:31 AM.
    Leader of The Madborn, Thelanis
    Searros, Kangaros, Xearos, Fearos, Tearos, Zenros, Rocknros, Rargasauros, Whilyros, Frostyros, Rosificer, Levonestral, Clankros, Stabbyros

i love helping pple out when they are whiling to listen, i have only been playin 5 months,but im sure i can be some help send me a pm or a tell....
    Suraleta/Burnbaby/Tourettess/Ryllin/Herbss/Shaiya-LowRiders Sarlona

Default Nice idea

I have been helping out new players whenever I meet them. Giving out RR Paralysers, smiters and vorpals for free.

1. Because I like to help.
    2. Because there is an abundance of good items out there, more than 1 person needs.

I have traded some things to ppl, but only because my good loot pulls are few and far between. But just giving uber/high end stuff away for free is crazy and ludicrous.....if they weren't already taken, Id probably have named my toons that.

I am taking a month off from the game, but when I return I am happy to aid any new players in quests/information and items/money.

I might not have alot of cash, or a great deal of high end stuff compared to some, but helping someone out is as good, if not better than that uber loot pull.......IMO anyway.

Good hunting to you all, and good looting.
    Lanuric and Fenuric Halven, Arrass Katlan, Arconstruct and Kierahn the Servant, Gruntak the Songmaster, Kohahn and Dehli of the Blades, Taikiji, Shurikai and Dojuwa of the Ninjic
    Sarlona Guilds I am in:
    Ruby Covenant, Halfling Commandoes, The Harpers
    A collection of my Short Stories

Default I would be willing to help

I am by no means an expert at the game. I don't have bank toons filled with crazy gear. But I would certainly be willing to help out some new players.

Thumbs up awesome

Recently Ive decided to return to ddo after more than a year of not playing..and its great to see something like this being put together. Don't flame the noobs..help them! Grats on this guys. I might be consulting you on the new updates in the near future.

Anyone know what happens to your toons and gear and stuff, if you were a previous paying player that will be returning but as a free player?
    CannithThievious 20 Human Rogue(2nd Life) , Bastidious 15 drow TWF fighter, Botious 10 Warforged Frenzy Barbarian

Quote Originally Posted by Nitestalker View Post
    Anyone know what happens to your toons and gear and stuff, if you were a previous paying player that will be returning but as a free player?
    Your gear and toons should be intact, but you may want to ask around due to some gear getting changed over the last few mods.

I guess from what i was reading I would be a premium free, which means i get 4 slots automatically....i wonder waht happens to all the gear and things that was on the other cahrecters taht i dont choose to keep.
    CannithThievious 20 Human Rogue(2nd Life) , Bastidious 15 drow TWF fighter, Botious 10 Warforged Frenzy Barbarian

Default Bardic Knowledge

Feel Free to sign me up! Everyone is more than welcome to ask me a question that involves DDO. My personal expertise is in bards, but Bardic Knowledge does provide a small gem of information on any and every class I would guess.
    Lessons from a Bard:
    1 - Free Bird is not ANY form of Bardic Music.
    2 - If you are out of the range of my buffs, it is not my fault.

I would like to be mentored:

Krandl (4/1- Thief/Fighter)
    Thagorn (5/1 - Cleric/Pally)
    email - paddy1mac@gmail.com

Since this has been retired, how about a de-sticky to make room for more current sticky worthy posts. Also, with only 1 volunteer on the linked post, this isn't that helpful to Sarlonians.
    Dystopia Starchucker
    Castaspella Practiced Spellcaster
    Ought Machinist

Well then sign up and / or get some fellow Sarlonians to sign up.

The fact that it directs people there helps people see it.

I know there are helpful people on Sarlona, and that there are other ways to reach out to people but if we can get a little more support in the main thread then momentum can build.

The simple stickie does not detract from your forum experience does it? I do apologize if the efforts to reach out to new people would in any way affect forum goers experience in a negative way.
    Khyber
    R e v e n a n t s Renowned
    Thelanis

Community Member

Default Griffon's Nest

One of the founding principal's of the guild Griffon's Nest is to help others so if u are at a loss and need some advice ask a Griffon. If they are every rude please let me Know.
    Eibn or Timmon Leader of Griffon's Nest

I've been playing about a week and a half. Long time pen and paper player. I am a VIP and i found a very helpful guild, Pay it Forward Though i am always looking for something to do so if you see my toons on feel free to join me or invite me to a group. Myself and two others ahve been crusing around and we sure dotn know everything but we have bumped into some really helpful people on here.

toons: (as of march 14th)
    Apocanon 10 monk
    xzena 4 rogue
    onxyian 7 ranger
    Alexzastra 5 wizard

i play 10+ hours a day currently, 2 ruptured discs in my back allow for alot of free time...

Community Member

Returning after being gone for a long time, I am interested in the changes that have happened since level cap was 16. I am on Sarlona at various times, when I can.

Community Member

I'm always willing to help when I'm online. I have about 3 years of playing experiences. If you can find a Zepp or Brimes by searching 20 or over it's most likely me.

Zeppelins 25 wiz
    Brimestones 23 FvS
    Ledzeppelins 20 fighter
    Ledzeppelin 20 ranger
    Ledzepplins 20 rogue
    Hellfires 20 Barbarian
    Brimstoness 22 monk

There is a hellfiress, two S's, this is not me.

Smile Hello...ello...ello...

Is there anybody out there?

Thought I'd drop a line and see if any old friends are still hanging around Stormreach. Looking to get back into game and interested in re-learning the ropes. It would seem there have been a couple of changes since I last played (big surprise).
    I believe in mind over matter. If I don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Sarlona! Yep, back again.

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

I am always willing to halps and do groups. So if anyone is on during pacific times (-8gmt), look seikojin or toy up. I have a wide range of alts across all levels, but I will have to get the name list loaded sometime since myddo is gone.

Community Member

Default Willing to help

As this thread seems to be active again if anyone needs help or advice on Sarlona you can reach me on my toons as l will be on Akajin or Skillmonkeyi and for any other world or just general ddo advice you can mail me through the forums or find me on Sarlona if you want as l am on often enough and l have done alot of different builds, both pure and mixed, through my 3 years in ddo so feel free to drop me a line anytime.
    Main toon-Akajin Other toon/s-Firajin, Skillmonkeyi
    Currently pursuing my lives on Skillmonkeyi(Currently 8th life) and going for Triple/True Completionist but l am always happy to help if you need it as l am also a capped crafter

Community Member

Default Guild of Mentors

I know it has been a while since anyone has posted on here so here is to hoping people actually still read this.
    I started playing DDO back in 2008 If i am not mistaken but wound up taking a 5 year leave of absence due to... well... life...
    When I came back so much had changed that I felt like a complete noob again, having to relearn everything about DDO. It wasnt easy with most servers because a lot of the people I ran into would just brush you off. Then on a random chance encounter, I was looking for a guild and just asked a passerby if He would recruit me.
    That one tell set of a great chain as He and I quickly became friends and He helped me relearn DDO with great patience and advice. Now our small guild Chronicles of Galafar is up to a new task! We have set out recruiting people who are just starting out in DDO and or have just returned as I have. we are a growing guild and have taken some new members under our wings, But we have big wings and have room for plenty more.
    We use have a server on GameVox dedicated to the guild so we can help each other out faster and easier even if we are not in the same party, We also have skype and now our own Guild Website, though that is currently under work it is getting there.

If anyone who does not have a guild is interested in either being a mentor or needs help feel free to join. If you do have a guild and are still willing to help or Need help look for our guild name or send tell to any of the names bellow ^_^

My Toons
    Ruecain, Namoz, Chandallen,
    Artaavious, ChronicleOne, ChronicleBee,
    ChronicleLaw, IfUMove

Guild Owners Toons
    Roller (One-Seven)(IE.. RollerOne)
    RollerForge

Will add more Mentor Names as I get them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast