Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New & Returning Player Mentor Program

*** NOTICE TO EVERYONE ***

This thread has been adopted by Clay and will continue on in another thread. Please go to the link below:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=230838

Thanks everyone
    Last edited by Levonestral; 02-14-2010 at 07:31 AM.
    Leader of The Madborn, Thelanis
    Searros, Kangaros, Xearos, Fearos, Tearos, Zenros, Rocknros, Rargasauros, Whilyros, Frostyros, Rosificer, Levonestral, Clankros, Stabbyros

I like this idea, man. I liked Ren66, and I'm glad you're taking it up. Thanks.
    Last edited by Gunga; 08-25-2008 at 10:51 PM.

I thought the first server alphabetically listed was designated for new players and Mabar server was merged to mentor it ;p

Community Member UnderwearModel's Avatar

Default Ghallanda Server Mentor

I would not mind helping out. I am one that enjoys just about all aspects of the game. Graphics, traps, looking at the monsters, doing the optionals, picking up all the collectibles, picking up the bronze tokens in the desert, and learning the quests and other pointless things. Stuff like that.

I even have equipment for low levels to give out in some cases.

I do not care how quickly I level as long as I am relaxing and enjoying myself while playing.

Just send me a message here.
    Last edited by UnderwearModel; 10-24-2008 at 05:30 AM.

I would like to help as well.

Out of work, not much else better to do.

Mind you, I am an electrician foreman in real life (when working) so I am real vulgar and can be short fused - especially if someone has a listening problem. No kids - period, I play with mine when they come on and is not someone's responsibility to raise them in the game.

Basically if someone has soft skin and cannot take some profanity - best not team us up.
    Bebopalula, Typhoidmary, Relicor, Darksendy.
    Southern Tenants Farmers Union
    You can make me play with the others but I will not like it.

Default ghallanda - returning player

Can anyone help... I'm loading my game and I have not been on in 1.5 years... I have a 12 pali

Community Member

Default Count me in

I love helping new players out. Preferably a martial character please.

I am sure within 6 months time that anyone who is leaving the game to go play another game or do w/e will come back... they may need to read this thread then .. =]

Default New Player

I've been with DDO for about 2 months. I am on my 5th char already...just exploring what the game can do.

I can't wait till i roll a char that is 'me'

Anyway, working on a Wizard/Rogue right now. Plans are to take it to 17/3, Currently only 2/1.

The names is Wyspr if your looking on the server for me (6am-8am, and 4pm-6pm M-F and all hours night and day on weekends). I could definitely use any pointers you guys have.

Thanks!
    A cheap Tattoo ain't good and a good Tattoo ain't cheap
    "___''___Woman ''____''____''__''__''___Woman ''___''

M2T

Community Member

Woot Ghallanda Rocks!

Default Mentorship?!

Why?Is DDO hard or something?Wait do you mean give newbies stuff they might need?Ya I agree with that.Other than that I can't see why anyone would need mentorship for this game,it pretty much plays itself.

Quote Originally Posted by iconiclastic View Post
    Why?Is DDO hard or something?Wait do you mean give newbies stuff they might need?Ya I agree with that.Other than that I can't see why anyone would need mentorship for this game,it pretty much plays itself.
    Because you instantly knew everything about this game as soon as you installed it right?

Second of all, impressive necro.

believe it or not, this game actually has a fairly steep learning curve if they hope to be able to contribute to an average PUG instead of hinder it, or be able to take on a role in a raid.

It is second hand nature to people like us who joined in 2006, but everyone starts out at the same playing field.
    Exelin etc, exception Estelix of Elite Raiders, Khyber
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    I often word things in ways that cause the most speculation and panic, because I'm capricious and mean.

Cool 6 months with no reply...

Ok, ok, yeah it's been a while. But, looking to get back into the swing of things. Just looking to see who's still around and who dropped off the edge of the prime material plane. Not really sure which server I will land on permanently ... been gone so long I'm probably gonna start from scratch

If any old guildmates or friends are still around, drop a line - always good to have a friend to talk to or run with.
    I believe in mind over matter. If I don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Sarlona! Yep, back again.

Community Member

Talking Hello : )

Always looking for nice peeps/friends - a mentor would be fantastic (this does not mean give me items, coinage, etc.).

I'm Mountain Time and play in the morning, and sometimes late evening - always on the weekends.

Cheers

If anyone new needs a hand, our guild Tyrs Paladium is a great place to learn DDO the right way. No egos, no attitudes, just fun, game knowledge, and old school D&D values here. As we are an American guild, with a very loyal international contingent that's an active part of our guild, we enthusiastically accept those from all countries.

No Drama. No Zerg. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus.
    Last edited by LeslieWest_GuitarGod; 03-23-2014 at 08:48 AM.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Dungeons & Dragons Online Guild
    No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

Default lot has changes on web site .

looking for the area to look over bvuilds people create for a monk type build . thanks . im not play as much as use to but been play since 2009 . its terrible i cannt browse to wiki from in game to do puzzles any more :-/

Community Member

Default They call me Ursae

Around these parts, I go by a few names, but in game my most prevalent toon is Ursae. Sadly over the past few years I have gotten away from DDO for other titles and now find myself looking to play this game again. I never really knew how to play it, but Ive always wanted to. I have a bunch of bank spots and ****, not an idea what to keep or discard. I dont remember a single quest so my toons are stuck in limbo. Im looking to get them out of the stagnation they are in. Care to help. Currently Ursae is a lvl 11.

Tyrs Paladium will be creating a newsletter soon, and will take on the responsibility to show brand new DDO players around town. We are glad to show new players the ins and outs of DDO.

You can join our guild, or join one of our Fellowship alliance guilds. All guilds have sworn to the highest no drama standards in DDO. Small medium and large sized guilds. All very friendly to new players.

Interested!? Post here or hit me up via PM!!!

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Dungeons & Dragons Online Guild
    No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

Community Member

Default join

I would like to join

Default Long time player returning yet again:)

Hi, I started playing in Beta eons ago, and have come back again and again over the years. Even so, I have never reincarnated. I was married and couldn't party much due to having to take care of my wife (who was ill since 2009 or so). She passed away last year and now I have the ability to actually play this game more socially.

I have a ton of characters ranging through the levels (up to 18 or so), but am planning on (as always) restarting as a new character again. I can always reincarnate one of the others later, but like starting fresh.

I'll be looking to join a fun/friendy guild, especially since I can party more now (I did party with guilds in the past, but it was only a rare thing usually).

I'm also interested in meeting/hanging out with etc anyone who plays DDO and lives in or near the Olympia WA area. I plan on playing this game alot as I have no more responsibilities in real life, and plenty of free time (Won't even be working soon as I will be taking the summer off and working from home till next school year starts...I'm a teacher btw).

I don't know what my new in game name will be yet, just about to resign up for VIP (it's worth it just to start the quests on the highest difficulty!) for 3 months.

I was in a guild called Kindred along time ago if anyone remembers that guild (Think it's been like 6 years).

Anyway, I will post more once I have a character etc. I do have Vet 7 status (so I can start at level 7, which I usually do, then go run all the early quests on elite hehe). I'm planning on making a Stick using build because I have always loved them, and they seem much more powerful now.

Kinda want 6 monk for the shadow veil ability (and 3 monk feats, fists of light healing etc), and I want rogue levels (just not sure how many) for trap skills.

I'm kinda torn right now between going for fighter levels for more pure melee dps (kensi bonuses etc), or maybe Favored soul or Paladin levels (especially if I try the new dragonborn race) for divine might bonus and healing abilities. Monk 18/rogue 2 is another option, I'm kinda debating which to aim for right now. I do want to eventually actually reincarnate this character (gonna buy the exp tome for it even) and possibly aim for complitionist long term (and maybe even racial reincarnations as well). All of that will be new to me though so having others who have done it/know about it in game would be great.

I have looked at some stick builds on here to get an idea already, so mainly just trying to decide what I really want. Kinda liking that Favored soul can take quarterstaff as their weapon now....so I may end up going with a dragonborn Rogue/Monk/Favored Soul combo (lots of healing, healing amp, decent staff damage, good defenses etc). Pally instead is another option (slightly better saves probably), although I guess I could go with H-elf and pally dilitante for the saves bonus that way, and go with favored soul and end up with about the same saves.

Bah anyway, hope to see you all in game soon!!

Wolfy (I try and make my in game names semi-wolf like btw hehe)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast