Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade66 View Post
    For whatever it's worth, Legion started this service.
    Ren are you gloating lol.

Put me down to help as well, im usually on any of:Azriell, Azreall, Azeus, Azrell, Mihaell, Aoken.

I can help any who wish to start up a cleric or tank as thats what i mostly play.
    Last edited by Draekoss; 03-18-2009 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Draekoss View Post
    Ren are you gloating lol.
    Now that would be a first.
    [RENEGADE (Monk) - LEGION - FOUNDER AUG 2005]
    Blutus, Bodak, Diablo, Guilloteen, Jellybean, Mantikor
    Marauder, Renaissance, Rigormortiss, Ungajinga, Valkyrie
    1st ww Tower/Vision/Abbot/Shroud, Epic VoN/Chrono, Reaver Xoriat * 1st capped Permatoon

For whatever it's worth, Legion started this service.
    This isn't some sort of court mandated community service is it?
    Last edited by Grosbeak07; 03-18-2009 at 12:59 PM.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Quote Originally Posted by Grosbeak07 View Post
    Forum Guidelines and DDO Code of Conduct
    16. We do not discuss disciplinary actions taken against members either with other members or on the forums, and we ask that you do not either. Any threads or posts that mention infractions/bans etc. will be removed and might result in further disciplinary action.
    1st ww Tower/Vision/Abbot/Shroud, Epic VoN/Chrono, Reaver Xoriat * 1st capped Permatoon

Quote Originally Posted by Grosbeak07 View Post
    Oh dude u got slapped by the rule book thats goto hurt, i hear its as thick as a phone book. Thats gonna leave a mark. lol

Oh dude u got slapped by the rule book thats goto hurt, i hear its as thick as a phone book. Thats gonna leave a mark. lol
    Just proves you can't beat these Legion folk at anything.

On a serious note, this program is an excellent idea. I don't think I would make a good mentor, because I don't know raids all that well... But even if I don't know how to run the raid, I can usually give directions on how to get there. Plus I spend a lot of time watching for the Dragon to fly over the market place (one of these days I'll see it!), so feel free to send a tell. If I can't answer a question I can usually put you in touch with someone who can.

Fweng, Moncton, Horth, Domition, Galba, Macthulus, Emmanea, Sithullia and Penthea.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    It would help if you included a little more information... character name, play times, etc.

you can look me up on alts listed:

L E G I O N
    Icefyre*Manabozho*Arkis Poetic Kamiâ€*Kelgarâ€*Hellinnaâ€*Saamis GrymmΩSulltanΩCharybdis HeavydutyΔIntimivasionΔLiteweightΔOpallion Onihanzo‡Shusaku Johnlittle RustedoutΔGidurΔHemaskas
    I hadn't included that information before because I hadn't actually created any characters yet. I just rolled a Human Barb last night named Wheredidigo. I tend to get online around 11pm (EST) and get off around 1am (EST) during the week, and I'll have very random times to play during the weekend as my real life/job will allow. I plan on playing this barb to get the favor I need to unlock the drow and the 32 point buy system.

So far I made him a human barb w/ my first two feats being power attack and cleave. I can't remember the stats I gave him off the top of my head, so I'll update after lunch today when I get a chance to log on and find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheredidigo View Post
    So far I made him a human barb w/ my first two feats being power attack and cleave. I can't remember the stats I gave him off the top of my head, so I'll update after lunch today when I get a chance to log on and find out.
    It's pretty hard to hit at low levels. Instead of Power Attack, you may want to take Toughness. I think Stunning Blow is more powerful then Cleave as well. You can add Power Attack in later or even respec it out with a Siberius Dragonshard. Let me know if you need more specifics.

Also, you need to decide early if you are going THF or TWF. If THF then get THF feats with improv crit slash, toughness, power att and stunning blow and with your stats maxed on STR then CON. If TWF, you will need to get to 17 DEX (GTWF), so start with 16 dex then add a tome. Max STR then the rest in CON. Get TWF feats, power att, toughness, impr crit pierce, then something like stunning blow or oversized twf.

Finally, don't be shy about rerolling early assuming you already have access to 32 pt builds. If not, then take your current toon and power grind favor then reroll as a 32 pt build.

Everything else is gravy.

It's pretty hard to hit at low levels. Instead of Power Attack, you may want to take Toughness. I think Stunning Blow is more powerful then Cleave as well. You can add Power Attack in later or even respec it out with a Siberius Dragonshard. Let me know if you need more specifics.

Also, you need to decide early if you are going THF or TWF. If THF then get THF feats with improv crit slash, toughness, power att and stunning blow and with your stats maxed on STR then CON. If TWF, you will need to get to 17 DEX (GTWF), so start with 16 dex then add a tome. Max STR then the rest in CON. Get TWF feats, power att, toughness, impr crit pierce, then something like stunning blow or oversized twf.

Finally, don't be shy about rerolling early assuming you already have access to 32 pt builds. If not, then take your current toon and power grind favor then reroll as a 32 pt build.

Everything else is gravy.
    he just started... he don't have no tomes. Silly.

Unless you mailed him one.

For simplicity, I recommend making it Two handed Fighting spec'ed. It's simpler, and easier to equip.
    Khyber
    R e v e n a n t s Renowned
    Thelanis

Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    he just started... he don't have no tomes. Silly.
    If he needs a +1 DEX Tome, I'm sure there are 50 people who would send him one without a second thought.

I agree though that THF is easier.

Hello there...

I have just reactivated my subscription to the game and I am looking for some folks to crawl a few dungeons with me to help get the rust out and get back into the swing of running again.

I have 2 higher level characters and a few other at various levels...

Dalnans - lvl 15 Wizard
    Balaxe - lvl 15 Cleric
    Sao - lvl 7 Ranger
    Myoku - lvl 4 Barbarian

If anyone has some time to help me get back into the swing of the game please PM me thru the forums and/or catch me in game. Thank you!
    Balaxe - Level 14 Healing Cleric (Main)
    Dalnans - Level 15 Wizard

Plus Others.... on the Thelanis Server

Quote Originally Posted by Slider7 View Post
    Hello there...

I have just reactivated my subscription to the game and I am looking for some folks to crawl a few dungeons with me to help get the rust out and get back into the swing of running again.

I have 2 higher level characters and a few other at various levels...

Dalnans - lvl 15 Wizard
    Balaxe - lvl 15 Cleric
    Sao - lvl 7 Ranger
    Myoku - lvl 4 Barbarian

If anyone has some time to help me get back into the swing of the game please PM me thru the forums and/or catch me in game. Thank you!
    Sorry just saw your post now. Look me up on any of my alts if you need a fellow dungeon crawler.
    Khyber
    Thelanis

Default new to server

hey thought i would give thelanis a shot to see what is happening got a lv 12 wiz and looking for any hand me downs scrolls incription materials or anything. starting over on a new server is harsh so any help is appriciated.

send me a tell or pm me.

Manzericc lv 12 wf wis.

Thanks in advance

Alts: Kreiger,Densmor, Manzeric, Tinuvel, Bereg, Radegast, Tunemeout, Regenia,

They only use the book so it does not leave any marks from the baton

In-game name is Byzantian
    Ask me whatever noob questions you like.
    P.S. Don't sell anything you think is valuable, get a 2nd opinion from a friend
    (if your friend asks to trade you for it then ask another friend )

Hey all,

I'm effectively a week old to this game with a level 6 fighter and that's pretty much it. I plan on making a Drow Cleric once I get 100 more favor points. If anyone could meet me in game to answer questions I have about the build, that would be really, really helpful! I'm planning on being a healbot. My fighter's name is Yndarlune and I play at night Eastern.

Community Member

So here's a question for all you helpfull folk out there..

..What's the best way to go about getting in late night (2200+est) elite favor runs for level 10+ quests to unlock 1750 favor? Some friends and I came back to the game (haven't played since about 2 months after release) and have scrounged up 1400 favor and level 13, but it's slowing down quite a bit...

Seriously thinking of coming back. Haven't played in ages, and at my best I think I was level 6...maybe 5. Anywho, is this program still going?

Quote Originally Posted by Zelq View Post
    Seriously thinking of coming back. Haven't played in ages, and at my best I think I was level 6...maybe 5. Anywho, is this program still going?
    yes Zelq.

i am currently leveling Tombo (lvl 14) and Hemaskas (lvl 9) and will be shortly doing some Sorjek stuff on my intims and CLRs. i also have one chracter slot free to make a new character to help out.

List your alts and I will keep and eye out for you.
    Khyber
    Thelanis

Community Member

Default Looking for a mentor

Greetings all. The past several nights I have searched for any of the alts posted in this forum, but have not found any online, so hopefully one of you can find me the next time you are on.

I am not new to MMOs or to DnD, but am new to DDO and as such, I am looking for someone to show me the ropes. I would love someone that is knowledgeable with Clerics as that is my main. His name is Thadan and currently, he is a lvl 2 Dwarven cleric just finishing up the Korthos Island quests.

I have joined several PUGs, but folks aren't very talkative and tend to rush through things without explaining what they are doing. I am more of a casual player and like to take things slow the first time through and get into the storyline a bit. (Not too much, but I like to know why I'm doing a certain quest outside of the metagaming reasons)

I am in the Pacific Time Zone and tend to play later in the evenings, although today I am home, so will be online off and on throughout the day. I would love to have an experienced player duo with me a bit to show me around and pass off some advice. Please look me up and thank you.

*Edit* I did want to say that the Help channel is decidedly unhelpful. I have been logged into that the previous three nights and am either alone with my thoughts or no answers have been forthcoming from others within (probably others like me).
    Last edited by Thadar69; 07-22-2009 at 12:16 PM.

Thadar69, while I am not officially part of the mentor program, I am a nice guy. I will be on tonight around 10 pm EST. How about you PM me the name of your character, and I will find you. I'll show you around answer questions and if I have a character in your range we can run some quests as well.
    there's one thing you never put in a trap if you're smart. If you value your continued existence. If you have any plans on seeing tomorrow then there's one thing you never, ever put in a trap.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast