Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Aerniel View Post
    apparently your not understanding my problem.... its a cleric.... who takes a dream spitter which is +5 quarterstaff, life stealing, and has greater evil outsider bane. if you were in my position youd be ticked off to if a cleric takes an item that would be better for a tankish type. (garrh... i hate typing)
    perhaps you don"t understand why a cleric would want or be able to use a Dreamspitter

I know I don't understand why you are still *****ing about it.

"Come on folks its easy" Tico 20 Cleric, Montico Arti, Longlife 18/2 Ranger/monk, Jaaomae wc 20, Teeco Cleric

Community Member Beherit_Baphomar's Avatar

apparently your not understanding my problem.... its a cleric.... who takes a dream spitter which is +5 quarterstaff, life stealing, and has greater evil outsider bane. if you were in my position youd be ticked off to if a cleric takes an item that would be better for a tankish type. (garrh... i hate typing)
    I dont think you realise the dreamspitter is also good for casters...
    Binding is Admitting Defeat ~ Yndrofian
    Plook~Squidgie~Eyern~Irnbru~Grotesque
    Of The O.S.D, Argonnessen
    Quote Originally Posted by Grace_ana View Post
    At least I'm not on G-Land.

It's the only item in the game that give you +2 DC to Enchantment...

That's Hold Person, Hold Monster, Dancing Sphere, Greater Command...

Those are EXTREMELY useful spells... All my casters have the Dreamsplitter...

Why the hell would any ranger want that piece of garbage (Garbage for ranger, awesome for caster, nice for a cleric with G. command, hold, etc)? Sure its a +5 G. evil outsider bane, but that means nothing these days with the DR 10+ that everything has. And please don't tell me you took imp. crit bludgeon just for the spitter

And why would a ranger be using a 2handed weapon? You get 2 weapon fighting (and ITWF and GTWF) for free for a reason, and to not take advantage is a crime against the almighty DPS.

If I had been in that reaver, I wouldnt have even bothered with a roll. I would have said "ANYONE BUT THE WEIRD QUARTERSTAFF SLINGING RANGER WANT THIS STICK?" and given it to the cleric. I would then have slept soundly in the knowledge that I had done YOU a favor by keeping your hands off a weapon that would have diminished your possible DPS by at least 50%.

I just had another thought.... you arent a dex-based FINESSE ranger are ya?
    Star Firefall
    20 Rogue Assasin
    Currently on life 42 of 42 (Final Life!)

Community Member

Just because something has a greater bane on it and is +5 doesn't mean it's a melee'rs weapon.

Get some puncturing weapons.

why do clerics take irrelevent raid items????? like when i was running the reaver today... a cleric took a dreamspitter that ive been hunting for 83 reaver runs and said the reason behind this was so he could tank :/ why do you clerics torture us like this??! WHY!!!!??
    I dont think the dreamsplitter is an irrelevent weapon for a cleric...
    Last edited by adamkatt; 08-21-2008 at 12:24 PM.
    Outatime Exodus-Cradle of Life:Thelanis
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

Quote Originally Posted by Lithic View Post
    If I had been in that reaver, I wouldnt have even bothered with a roll. I would have said "ANYONE BUT THE WEIRD QUARTERSTAFF SLINGING RANGER WANT THIS STICK?" and given it to the cleric. I would then have slept soundly in the knowledge that I had done YOU a favor by keeping your hands off a weapon that would have diminished your possible DPS by at least 50%.

LOL

rangers tank. clerics.. not so much.

Lol what ranger is his/her right mind would use a staff....
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!

Quote Originally Posted by Lithic View Post
    Why the hell would any ranger want that piece of garbage (Garbage for ranger, awesome for caster, nice for a cleric with G. command, hold, etc)? Sure its a +5 G. evil outsider bane, but that means nothing these days with the DR 10+ that everything has. And please don't tell me you took imp. crit bludgeon just for the spitter

And why would a ranger be using a 2handed weapon? You get 2 weapon fighting (and ITWF and GTWF) for free for a reason, and to not take advantage is a crime against the almighty DPS.

I just had another thought.... you arent a dex-based FINESSE ranger are ya?
    LoFINl!!!!!! well said!!

Quote Originally Posted by adamkatt View Post
    Lol what ranger is his/her right mind would use a staff....
    is this question answerable

i use quarterstaffs on all toons, when i just want to mess around and have fun...
    for example is it bad to use treasons when running shroud

it's just a wanted item im guessing he wants...
    ~> Leader of Final Brigade on Agronessen <~
    Roju-16 Barb, Karnack-16 Clr, Barbowsas 9-Rngr/ 7-Wiz, Vegasi 1-Brd/15 Rngr, Armonias 2 Pali/14 Sorc.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

why do clerics take irrelevent raid items????? like when i was running the reaver today... a cleric took a dreamspitter that ive been hunting for 83 reaver runs and said the reason behind this was so he could tank :/ why do you clerics torture us like this??! WHY!!!!??

Because we can? Now wouldnt take that weapon my cleric but just about all my other characters would. On one run though we had 3 drop and noone really wanted anyone of them as they were all offered up

Beware the Sleepeater

dreamsplitter: sorc > bard > wiz > monk > (tank or clr) > everything else

Nothing at all wrong with a cleric rolling for the Dreamspitter. As other posters have elaborated with supporting info, this weapon is far more useful to a caster / cleric than a melee any day of the week and twice as useful vs. a ranger with enough levels for GTWF.
    Eaux ~ Crankh ~ Yoomaykmee ~ Gwalchmai ~ R.I.P. all others

AoK ~ Putting the COLOR in Argonnessen since 2006

You know, if you had won the the roll, the cleric would have a lot more reason to gripe than you do.

WOW! i have been trying to get the head for my cleric for a long time, but you don't hear me *****ing about it......the cleric won the roll fair and square!! get on with your game.

Quote Originally Posted by sativathered View Post
    WOW! i have been trying to get the head for my cleric for a long time, but you don't hear me *****ing about it......the cleric won the roll fair and square!! get on with your game.
    83 runs worth?

and if you run tor as much as this guy does, you would know why he wants the dream spitter......

so no need to go postal and try to flame here >_>
    Roju-16 Barb, Karnack-16 Clr, Barbowsas 9-Rngr/ 7-Wiz, Vegasi 1-Brd/15 Rngr, Armonias 2 Pali/14 Sorc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlore View Post
    and if you run tor as much as this guy does, you would know why he wants the dream spitter......

so no need to go postal and try to flame here >_>
    What exactly do you fight in the Tor that is pwned by this weapon?

No one has a problem with him wanting the Dreamspitter. The problem was that he thought a ranger deserved it more than a cleric. That's not going to get anyone much sympathy.
    Freeman - Human Bard - Thelanis Fulfilling my duty to the ladies of Stormreach
    Yuvben(Halfling Rogue), Acana(Drow Sorcerer), Walket(Human Cleric), Mahoukami (WF Wizard), Knicapper(Horc Fighter), Pyetr(Human Bard), Mazinger (WF Barb), and Belcar(Halfling Ranger).

Quote Originally Posted by Club'in View Post
    What exactly do you fight in the Tor that is pwned by this weapon?
    have you run tor?

it's simple, with the casters fts, and his soon to be dream spitter..... will simply wreck everything... leaving runs that can take about 40 mintues, reduced to 20 =\

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman View Post
    No one has a problem with him wanting the Dreamspitter. The problem was that he thought a ranger deserved it more than a cleric. That's not going to get anyone much sympathy.
    >_> im not saying the guy should have sympathy... actually i think the cleric should have taken it aswell...

i dont want him to have the dreamspitter so he can stop trying to beat me in kills everytime we run.....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast