Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Awesome

This type of thread is exactly why i read the forums at work every few hours.....for a good laugh. Good luck op hope yer stockings are full!

Community Member Beherit_Baphomar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyCrockett View Post
    I was checking some 'other' websites to see if they were adding things such as +1 wis tomes, etc..
    **confused**

Dont you run those websites?

Shouldnt you know?

And one lil thing I wanna say.

This game was more fun when I created my first character, when I pulled my first vorpal, when I found my first MFP or when I made my first mil.

Those things only happen once.
    Binding is Admitting Defeat ~ Yndrofian
    Plook~Squidgie~Eyern~Irnbru~Grotesque
    Of The O.S.D, Argonnessen
    Quote Originally Posted by Grace_ana View Post
    At least I'm not on G-Land.

Quote Originally Posted by Beherit Baphomar View Post
    **confused**

Dont you run those websites?

Shouldnt you know?
    Notice that I had other in quotes?
    [Founder/Leader of the Bloodlords of Argonnesen]
    [DaveyKhealerAcapellaParlospiGodithGearey Gygax]

LOL, my main is level 8 and only has 5k plat, I have gotten everything by myself (also from grouping). Have not had anyone hand me anything. It kills me that someone sent him 11K plat and he is still whining for more. My bet is more folks than y'all have sent him stuff but he just sells it and then offers to sell you the plat back. I remember someone in EQ doing the same thing. I know I gave them food, a backpack and a couple of decent weapons, but they still spammed the chat channel saying they were poor and broke and needed food and stuff.

It's kind of they way of you feed a stray dog it follows you and begs for more, this guy is the same.
    Xantos-Rogue-Emwonn-Fighter-Balmagrath-Ranger-Bowden-Wizard-Stonefingers-Monk

I usually don't even give my own alts anything until they hit level 3 or 4. Before that, there's too much of a chance I'll decide to re-roll them or get tired of playing that particular character. I'm always happy to help out lowbies I"m questing with. I'll give out Tasty Ham, potions, and other things as needed, and I'll always give items I pull from chests to others that need it. I've even stood around the harbor giving away lowbie equipment that I didn't need anymore.

On the other hand, I think the only thing new players should expect to get for free is advice. Anything other than that should be considered a bonus.
    Freeman - Human Bard - Thelanis Fulfilling my duty to the ladies of Stormreach
    Yuvben(Halfling Rogue), Acana(Drow Sorcerer), Walket(Human Cleric), Mahoukami (WF Wizard), Knicapper(Horc Fighter), Pyetr(Human Bard), Mazinger (WF Barb), and Belcar(Halfling Ranger).

Quote Originally Posted by Arganosh View Post
    It's kind of they way of you feed a stray dog it follows you and begs for more, this guy is the same.
    lets not go badmouthing stray animals please.

also, lets not help people like that. begging for stuff u dont need is rediculous. the faster the OP levels up, the sooner he will be refusing to heal and res, and pulling raid loot he doesnt need out of chests.
    <I Do Haste Potions>
    Quote Originally Posted by Patience View Post
    gamblerjoe is right
    Calistica-Cannacon-Drrokso-Noghud-Slashdance-Tinnn-Beasler-Murdertrain

Ummm, I'm kind of new to the game also, I've been looking for a really nice weapon (someone told me it was vorpal, banishing, and disrupting), I also am looking for about 100 Large Devil Scales, and oh if you could throw me about as much plat as the United States is in debt I would be very very very thankful.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBox View Post
    when i started playing wow there were many nice peeps who would help newbies i hope this game has as many nice peeps
    [gross generalization]Now I understand.[/gross generalization]

Quote Originally Posted by gamblerjoe View Post
    lets not go badmouthing stray animals please.

also, lets not help people like that. begging for stuff u dont need is rediculous. the faster the OP levels up, the sooner he will be refusing to heal and res, and pulling raid loot he doesnt need out of chests.
    I have nothing against strays they can't help what they are. I am just saying that folks have given the OP stuff, and he is still begging for more. When will he quit begging? Never as long as people feel the need to give him stuff. He was given 11K plat for gosh sakes, if a noob can't outfit themselves (with noob gear, cuz why does he need end game gear now?) with that he needs to go back to WoW.
    Xantos-Rogue-Emwonn-Fighter-Balmagrath-Ranger-Bowden-Wizard-Stonefingers-Monk

Community Member Beherit_Baphomar's Avatar

Anyone have a beach house they dont need?

Could use a new Bentley too...

Rolex?
    Binding is Admitting Defeat ~ Yndrofian
    Plook~Squidgie~Eyern~Irnbru~Grotesque
    Of The O.S.D, Argonnessen
    Quote Originally Posted by Grace_ana View Post
    At least I'm not on G-Land.

it's probably a kid

lay off

Relic of the Last War
    Scholar of Adventure
    Founder

Arrow Pull It First, then Ask For More if you need it

I'm only going to extend my help in learning. Anything that leaves my hands has parted for a reason aside from a request for loot, and often because it was *never* asked for.

And I completely agree with Beherit, pulling your FIRST item ever of a type is 100x more rewarding than ever being handed it. I actually dislike free offers when it's something I really wanted ('cept when Al got a few white scales for Thet -- that was awesome of Ban Club Elite).

Today I pulled my first paralyzer. I also learned how to capture Crocket's Pockets today. You'll be seeing a lot more of Kist & Thet doing nothing lately. ^_* I know your tricks now Davey. I also pulled 2 of the 5 named items in Xorian Cipher (the good named items) using the same trick today. ^_*

Back on topic, I'll help the OP go on an adventure to get something they want or teach them tricks if they are having a hard time reaching the end goal of a quest, but freebies are not something I'm willing to do on request.

Quote Originally Posted by totmacher View Post
    it's probably a kid

lay off
    die tot die
    Ozoro, Serelu, Niras, Iras, Craddosk, Aloz.
    I Do Not Like This Place
    Quote Originally Posted by Galacticus View Post
    with the return of NIRAS to Archmagi I thought it was time for my exit
    Killing DDO one guild at a time

Quote Originally Posted by Kistilan View Post
    Back on topic, I'll help the OP go on an adventure to get something they want or teach them tricks if they are having a hard time reaching the end goal of a quest, but freebies are not something I'm willing to do on request.
    Does that offer extend to others besides the OP? I want to run the Church and the Cult (I think that's where it drops) because i am desperately seeking a Silver Longbow and I never see LFMs for that quest

Community Member

no1 sent me nething in the mail i cannot find

I sent all the loots for you to chests at the end of quests... go check them out, but I warn you some of it is not that great.

Relic of the Last War
    Scholar of Adventure
    Founder

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    Does that offer extend to others besides the OP? I want to run the Church and the Cult (I think that's where it drops) because i am desperately seeking a Silver Longbow and I never see LFMs for that quest
    Unequivocally, YES. We can run that if you need it. Look for Kistilan/add to your list. If there's an AFK response, I'm likely doing some Chronotrigger Research.

Quote Originally Posted by Jondallar View Post
    I sent all the loots for you to chests at the end of quests... go check them out, but I warn you some of it is not that great.
    I found some of it! Hurry, before I find all of Jond's loot! (And it wasn't very good, a viscious khopesh of stability? C'mon man....)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12