Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Interesting.

I've got Cone of Cold, Scorching Ray, Finger of Death (swap for Flesh to Stone), Web, Wall of Fire, Otto's Irresistible Dance (swap for Halt Undead), Mass Suggestion (swap spot as needed), Disintegrate (swap as needed), Hold Monster (swap for Mass Hold Person), Phantasmal Killer and Haste all on the gamepad for most quests at this point. Occasionally I'll throw Acid Fog or Dancing Ball on (usually when soloing).
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Community Member

Does anybody know if the play & charge kits for 360 wireless controllers will work on a PC?

I use a Nostromo n52 controller by Belkan. http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProdu...duct_Id=164714 I have it set up with #1-10 as my hotbar keys, #11 push to talk, #12 resets to my main hotbar, #13 shield block, #14 jump. The D-pad is my movement (wasd), the red button is examine, and the button under the d-pad toggles mouselook on and off. The scroll wheel cycles through my hotbars. I also use a trackball instead of a mouse, so the only thing I really use the keyboard for is to type. I play in mouselook mode and only have 1 hotbar on my screen at a time.
    Jackknife / Nerft Powers / Born Again Pagan / Threechords / Midnyght Rambler
    Quantum Entropy

Quote Originally Posted by dusenbutt View Post
    Does anybody know if the play & charge kits for 360 wireless controllers will work on a PC?
    I would hazard a guess that you need the hard-wire USB cord to use an X-box controller on a PC, but I could be wrong. Try google searching on this topic, or check the Microsoft website.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Quote Originally Posted by dusenbutt View Post

i can confirm that charge and play kit does NOT let you use wireless xbox360 controlers on the computer

you would need either a wired controler, or there is a wireless adapter you can get for pc to use 360 wireless accesories

Quote Originally Posted by gberkhof View Post
    i can confirm that charge and play kit does NOT let you use wireless xbox360 controlers on the computer

you would need either a wired controler, or there is a wireless adapter you can get for pc to use 360 wireless accesories
    Thanks for clearing that up. That's what I had assumed.

Community Member

What software do you use to allow you to use a gamepad in the game? I connected mine and started the game, but it won't recognize it. I have the same Logitec pad as the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by EDarkness View Post
    What software do you use to allow you to use a gamepad in the game? I connected mine and started the game, but it won't recognize it. I have the same Logitec pad as the OP.
    I just have whatever software comes with the controller, though I didn't make any entries in it for DDO.

The controls will not be immediately usable upon logging into the game, you have to go into the Key Mapping options and set keys to correspond to the buttons on your controller.

What I did was to assign a hotbar spot to a controller button. So, for example, you could go into the keymapping to Hot Bar 1, Button 1 and set that to the Up arrow on your d-pad. Then, you put whatever you'd want to use on that button in that slot on the hotbar.

In this way, I've filled just a little over 2 hotbars.

For non-hotbar controls, you just have to click on whatever you want to assign, then press the corresponding button on the controller. Press "up" on the left joystick for Forward, for example, assign Attack to a specific button, and maybe Left Mouse Button to another.

If you spend some time playing around with this and are still having trouble, let me know and I'll see about posting step-by-step instructions (going from memory just before sleeping right now).

Enjoy!

My X-box controller set up

I can do everything without a keyboard/mouse but have found I do utilise the mouse when i am not in action to buff etc soft lock is important in this set-up needs to be on.

Shift is my friend

L trigger - shift (when held = in brackets) ...............R Trigger- Attack (use orb)
    L bumper - strafe ..............................................R Bumper - Strafe

L analogue stick - Move.............................................R stick - mouse
    L stick button- jump (LMB).....................................R stick button - shield (RMB)

D-pad When using the D-pad - I can either move (left hand) or attack (right hand) but not both convincingly
    .............................Up Next party member (hotbar 2)
    L- 'Self' (hotbar 1) .........................................R- Next Item (Hotbar 3)
    ...............................Down Next Monster (Hotbar 4)

The back button is the most inaccessible button as it's on the left but usually the right thumb deals with it.
    Back button Map open/shut (Mouselook on/off).................Start button [see below action button grouping AB XY]

X - item 1 (item 6)
    Y - item 2 (item 7)
    B - item 3 (item 8)
    A - item 4 (item 9)
    Start - item 5 (item 10)

4 hotbars are directly accessible although they are grouped on each bar per type.
    Melee skills and healing bar 1
    Thief skills/Spells etc bar 2
    Weapon sets Bar 3
    Life savers (potions/clickies) on 4

Bar 5, 6 and 7 hold all my change of items for different situations (haggle/traps/buff clickies) bar 5 is my perfect set up for quickly getting back to optimum.

Bar 8 and 9 = Resistance potions/stat modifiers cats grace etc and other utility potions/scrolls/abilities/ and spell ingredients/arrows/toolkits for # count

Bars 5-9 are less heat of the moment so i can afford to use the slower xbox mouse mode or the actual mouse to do this without worrying about dying.
    Last edited by Jayfunked; 09-25-2009 at 10:06 AM.

Going to replicate this in the new player forums so that the players most likely to need some advice on this are more likely to find it.

Added a small edit on my settings for using the right joystick as a mouse.

Hi Seph - I see I already posted my set-up in here a few posts up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayfunked View Post
    Hi Seph - I see I already posted my set-up in here a few posts up.
    So you did!

Sorry for the request then. It was made without coming to check this thread to see if you had already done so. In any case, thanks again for sharing!

Community Member

Default Question for Jayfunked

I am trying to setup my xbox controller for this game and I had a quick question about your layout.
    In the section for the D-pad:
    .............................Up Next party member (hotbar 2)
    L- 'Self' (hotbar 1) .........................................R- Next Item (Hotbar 3)
    ...............................Down Next Monster (Hotbar 4)
    What actual keys are you mapping in DDO for Next party member and for next item?

Quote Originally Posted by Davoo View Post
    I am trying to setup my xbox controller for this game and I had a quick question about your layout.
    In the section for the D-pad:

What actual keys are you mapping in DDO for Next party member and for next item?
    Hi Davoo - I will look later when i get a chance.

I solo a lot and 'next party member' may end up being (Party member 2) only. I can't remember if i solved that one for party members in groups above 2. For me it basically always highlights my hireling who as i solo is always party member 2.
    End result here may be a free slot and having you choose F1-F6 on the keyboard!

Next item works perfectly though as it is mapped so it revolves around all breakables/doors/colllectables/levers etc - I'll get back to you on the exact mapping.

Community Member

Hi Davoo - I will look later when i get a chance.

I solo a lot and 'next party member' may end up being (Party member 2) only. I can't remember if i solved that one for party members in groups above 2. For me it basically always highlights my hireling who as i solo is always party member 2.
    End result here may be a free slot and having you choose F1-F6 on the keyboard!

Next item works perfectly though as it is mapped so it revolves around all breakables/doors/colllectables/levers etc - I'll get back to you on the exact mapping.
    Thanks for the quick reply. Yeah I didn't see a select next party member key, although it would be useful.
    I may end up using some of the keys on the d-pad for party selection in my situation then. I am a cleric and I am working with 3 other team mates playing through the game. I need to be able to quick select them. It may end up looking like this for my d-pad.

D-pad
    ..................................Up - Target Party Member 2 (next hotbar)
    L- Target 'Self' (prev hotbar) .........................................R- Target Party Member 3 (Next Item)
    ..................................Down - Target Party Member 4 (Next Monster)

Unless you can find a way to cycle targeting your party members.

Quote Originally Posted by spyderwolf View Post
    and i tried to setup a shift key like you use to double the hot keyed thigns. but just didnt really use it much. altough i know someone who uses a reg xbox controller and one of his buttons scrolls through all the hotbars. so he jsut holds that button down and scrolls with the dpad and get s to the bar he wants and hits whichever key corresponds to the slot number he wants to use. so he can literally use all 10 slots on all 20 bars. its jsut a tad slower . but he plays high so isnt really all up on the zerging as bad as me. lol
    How can he scroll through the hotbars? I couldnt find the command to set this up.

Quote Originally Posted by KKDragonLord View Post
    How can he scroll through the hotbars? I couldnt find the command to set this up.
    Alt+/Alt-
    or
    you could keymap your mouse wheel to do the same instead of zooming

Duh!
    This was for gamepad.
    Just find the commands (not logged in atm) that reflects "next bar" or whatever. They're default Alt+/Alt-
    Pick a button for it on the pad.

Quote Originally Posted by Calebro View Post
    Duh!
    This was for gamepad.
    Just find the commands (not logged in atm) that reflects "next bar" or whatever. They're default Alt+/Alt-
    Pick a button for it on the pad.
    Its not the Next or Previous Bar, its like moving sideways on the bars

i hope i didn't misunderstood and there is no such thing

Oh i see, he programed the buttons to hit the keyboard keys, i can do that with my gamepad driver, thx!
    Last edited by KKDragonLord; 01-12-2010 at 03:38 PM.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast