Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sebiale View Post
    Waaaaaay too many bars for me.
    I've never understood why people need to have a million bars...in any MMO.
    I can barely stand having two bars, let alone four or more.
    Left handed. No hotkeys worth mentioning.
    +The Goddess of Tempest's Spine+Merc's Only, THELANIS: List is here: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...94#post2798094 LEGIONNAIRE /Salute to Rameses, He has RETURNED!

UMD required items, and UMD gear goes in the upper right.
    The Bar below my UMD set is my armor set for fighting Casters XD.
    The bars on the bottom right are gear/weapons. 1 closest is DPS, 2nd is S@B/TWF sets for like vorping and weakening. The 3rd is my dps melee set .
    My main bar is trip haste boosts and power surge
    Bar above that is the Tactical melee equipment... eathral bracers, jorgundalls collar, and heal amp.
    The bar above that is the buff bar.... OHHH YA!!
    and the bar above that is like FF/strider/deathblock/haggle +15 helm/blindness ward/whatever the **** else you can think of

Last edited by assamite; 01-11-2010 at 03:26 PM.
    (\_/) Guardian of Golden Gold
    ~,.,~ Vaapad, Deathwaltz, Fushia, FiveGallonSnapback

Guess there was already an Action Bar thread... My bad

My last signature was ridiculous...

people with less than 10 hotbars are crazy...

because I'm bored

Last edited by valorik; 03-01-2010 at 11:25 AM.
    Arannel, Aqueous, Cocobolo, Arboreous, Erudirion, Congruous, and Cogs
    Ghallanda Rerolled

updated my pic on the First post!
    +The Goddess of Tempest's Spine+Merc's Only, THELANIS: List is here: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...94#post2798094 LEGIONNAIRE /Salute to Rameses, He has RETURNED!

I keep looking at threads discussing hotbars, and seeing all these hotbars on people's screens. And I find myself thinking that most of you must not use "mouse look" mode when moving around. Is that a fair assumption though? I come from an FPS background so I'm used to WASD for movement and the mouse controlling my direction. Which makes things like the Protection spells a nuisance, as I have to basically stand still, hit the T key, hit the 1-0 key for the spell, then double-click on the particular element I want to protect from, then hit the T key again to go back to moving and fighting.

So I'm guessing that none of you guys are using the mouse to control your character, but are simply using it to click hotbars. Is that a true assessment or is there some super ninja technique of clicking hotbar items and such while still mouse moving?

Quote Originally Posted by Dunfalach View Post
    I keep looking at threads discussing hotbars, and seeing all these hotbars on people's screens. And I find myself thinking that most of you must not use "mouse look" mode when moving around. Is that a fair assumption though? I come from an FPS background so I'm used to WASD for movement and the mouse controlling my direction. Which makes things like the Protection spells a nuisance, as I have to basically stand still, hit the T key, hit the 1-0 key for the spell, then double-click on the particular element I want to protect from, then hit the T key again to go back to moving and fighting.

So I'm guessing that none of you guys are using the mouse to control your character, but are simply using it to click hotbars. Is that a true assessment or is there some super ninja technique of clicking hotbar items and such while still mouse moving?
    I HATE mouselook. I am left handed. So no, I don't even use Mouselook to swim.

Bars 1, 2 and part of 3 are mapped to my gamepad.
    Bars 20 and 7 have my main items with their alternates next to them for ease of swapping.

Beyond that, the rest of the bars tend to occupy the same positions across all my characters, but have different purposes.

Last edited by sephiroth1084; 06-02-2010 at 04:30 PM.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorWhofan View Post
    I HATE mouselook. I am left handed. So no, I don't even use Mouselook to swim.
    I'm left-handed but have always used a right-handed mouse, so it doesn't really affect things for me.

I am a left hander who searched for a gaming mouse that WASN'T right handed. I don't use the hot keys. Everything I do is point and click.

Before I began to use a gamepad, I was almost always in mouselook mode, while having some things keymapped and some not.

Instead of pressing T to enter ML mode, I would just stay in mouselook mode by holding the appropriate mouse button at almost all times, letting go of it when I needed to manually click a bar, and holding it once again when I was finished.
    Or letting go, tapping it to grab a target, and then begin holding it again.

I'm left-handed but have always used a right-handed mouse, so it doesn't really affect things for me.
    I'm right-handed but ambidextrous with a mouse: my dad is left-handed and used to get *****y if I moved his previous mouse to the other side of the keyboard and forgot to return it to his position. Now I'm comfortable using it either way (and typically go lefty for some things like Starcraft).
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

I'd cramp my hand if I tried to stay in Mouse Look mode by holding the button down, but that may also be an FPS holdover as I tend to be looking around a lot. Also a side effect of trying to maximize XP by finding all the breakables along the way; you often have to look in all the little alcoves, and sometimes behind you as well.

One thing I probably should do and have not yet is really figure out how keybinding works and bind my second quickbar so I can access it more easily.

I don't use WSAD, I use the arrow keys, but have a similar background, so I'm always in mouse-look mode. I mapped ctrl keypad_1 to 0 to switch to toolbar #1-10, and keypad_1 to 9 to activate the given spell/item.

So for example to cast resists I'd go ctrl-keypad4, keypad1, to switch to my resists toolbar and select the first item (fire resist)

I also use a couple of hotkeys for important stuff I need to cast at a moment's notice, like displacement, protects, heals and such.
    Devs: Thanks for making Druids available to VIPs without the pack. This more than anything, has made me want to buy the pack.

For the Fire Shield, Protection from Energy, Resist Energy and Teleport spells you can pull the individual effects out of the dialogue box and put them on your toolbars for easy access. Most of these you can toggle out of mouselook, hit the hotbar and toggle back to mouselook quickly.

No. I more around in normal WASD/mouse mode all the time. I tend to use a lot of toolbars because I like having all my options available. The tricky part is finding a layout that can work with all your characters as all their keymaps are the same.
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • Epic and Legendary Mysterious ring upgrades, please.
    • Change the stack size of filigree in the shared bank to 50. The 5 stack makes the shared bank worthless for storing filigree in a human usable manner.
    • Fixing why I don't connect to the chat server for 5 minutes when I log into a game world.
    • Fixing the wonky Lightning Sphere and Tactical Det firing by converting them to use alchemist spell arcing.
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.

Here's Mine!

Argonnessen - Aruki 6 Monk (Main); Dayher 4 Artificer
    Canntih - Firryl 12 Fighter; Tiran 8 Fighter; Daher 4 Fighter/4 Monk

Gear on the left|Chat channels center| Spells on the right
    Synergia Merlocke (Wiz, Heroic/Epic/Iconic Completionist x3) Merloc (Cleric Tank) Merlocked (Barb) Merlocc (Rog)

Kahzadoom~Nexus~Irondoom~Doomlord~XvKing DoomHammer~
    Xoriat Born~Doompriest~Doom~Xzr~Legion of Doom~Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Ultimately, mine are pretty simple. I play on a small monitor. After all, its not the size that counts...well heck size doesn't matter in anything but tvs and computer monitors xD

Community Member

I had bought my current monitor not too long before I started playing DDO. The following is basically the set up I've established for my toons.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Griey Tovallian: Human Sorc 20/Epic 5 (Shiradi currently) - Askalia Turannian: Elf Rog2/Pal2/FvS11 - Curinator Mk III(4th life): WF Monk2/Artificer 15 - Luscien Redwign: Human Rog1/Ftr3/Clr3 (number-crunching in progress, will probably be LRed ) - Vyleraea Maguskin: Drow Wiz17/Rog2/Art1 - Other alts to be added as I start more actively playing them

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast