Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorWhofan View Post

okay, no bars but still very pretty!

Here is the right photo.

And proof that I AM capped. I don't use the focus orb.

Is it sad that I tried to mouse over the icons in your bars to find out what they were?
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Community Member

Default Another option...

Kehgeld of Sarlona

Default Hmm

here's a dumb newbie question

Why do you guys' and gals' bars take up such a small portion of your screens? My bars are a HUGE part of my screen. I can't fit two sets of horizontal bars side by side like some of you have. Is there some video setting I should be doing differently or get a different monitor?

Just askin. because the bars taking up so much space I can't see what I'm doing is a major detriment to me playing a class like cleric or wizzie.

Community Member

Default They have...

Quote Originally Posted by miceelf88 View Post

Why do you guys' and gals' bars take up such a small portion of your screens? My bars are a HUGE part of my screen. I can't fit two sets of horizontal bars side by side like some of you have. Is there some video setting I should be doing differently or get a different monitor?

Just askin. because the bars taking up so much space I can't see what I'm doing is a major detriment to me playing a class like cleric or wizzie.
    very nice computer equipment.
    Kehgeld of Sarlona

What resolution do you have your monitor set to?

Since the bars are a fixed pixel size, increasing the resolution reduces the effective size of the bars which can let you fit them side by side.

1280x960 probably works on a lot of monitors....

Also some of these guys have big fricking huge monitors to suffer on....
    Sarlona - The Ko Brotherhood :Jareko-Elf Ranger12Rogue8+4E; Hennako-Human Cleric22; Rukio-Human Paladin18; Taellya-Halfling Rogue16; Zenako-Dwarf Fighter10Cleric1; Daniko-Drow Bard20; Kerriganko-Human Cleric18; Buket-WF Fighter6; Xenophilia-Human Wiz20; Zenakotwo-Dwarf Cleric16; Yadnomko-Halfling Ftr12; Gabiko-Human Bard15; lots more

Smile very nice computer equipment

Thanks! But more specifically, if I was to lobby my wife for a birthday gift that would make me a better ddo player, what would it be? A big monitor? a new video card? an entirely new computer? a robotic arm?

Default resolution.

My resolution setting on video had two options and mine is set for the highest resolution available. I think it was 1240 times something else...

Thanks! But more specifically, if I was to lobby my wife for a birthday gift that would make me a better ddo player, what would it be? A big monitor? a new video card? an entirely new computer? a robotic arm?
    Equipment won't make you a better player, just more time playing will.

Better equipment might make the visual experience nicer and more enjoyable and detailed, but that is mainly "eye candy".

If you have a system that is chugging its heart out trying to keep up, then probably just a new system is the simplest solution, barring specific details...

DDO is not the Game System Hog some games are, so most mainstream systems can handle it without much hassle.
    Sarlona - The Ko Brotherhood :Jareko-Elf Ranger12Rogue8+4E; Hennako-Human Cleric22; Rukio-Human Paladin18; Taellya-Halfling Rogue16; Zenako-Dwarf Fighter10Cleric1; Daniko-Drow Bard20; Kerriganko-Human Cleric18; Buket-WF Fighter6; Xenophilia-Human Wiz20; Zenakotwo-Dwarf Cleric16; Yadnomko-Halfling Ftr12; Gabiko-Human Bard15; lots more

My mess, and im too a lefty and I use my mouse in my righthand and arrow keys to move about
    Member of Mythical

Community Member Indrn_Fretgoop's Avatar

Default the mighty ghom

woo im to lazy to clean up becaause u get used to where stuff is
    Dwarven Defenders of Khyber
    Officer (retired) Salinias Fretgoop LVL Fighter
    Inlestar Fretgoop lvl 10 Wizard
    Ghom Fretgoop LvL 12 Cleric/1 paladin

UnDwarven Defenders
    Officer Mr. Riedra 2007 AKA Khlondor Fretgoop LVL 12 Bard 10/2Rogue/2ranger(100 Velah kills, 16 titan kills, 5 Marilith kills)
    (Semi Retired) Sali Fretgoop LVL 13 Cleric
    LiLoneses Fretgoop Lvl 14 Intimibatman Extrodinare!

"If the world is my oyster then where the **** is my pearl of Power X?"

Default Zenako

thanks, my aside about being a better player was specifically about having my bars so big that they take up so much of my screen that I have trouble seeing where I'm going. agree about all the other things that go into playing well, but I was focused specifically on shrinking the relative size of my bars.

Quote Originally Posted by Theboz View Post

My mess, and im too a lefty and I use my mouse in my righthand and arrow keys to move about
    couple of quick questions/comments?

Why do you have a stack of CSW scrolls kicking about? CSW Wands are cheaper...

Do the groups you run with actually need the Mass Bull's Strength? I mean I generally carry Bulls Str as a Cleric Buff up to about level 9 or so, since not everyone has a +4 (or better) STR item before then.

2 remove curse wands on the hotbar, but no lesser restoration wand?

And finally, do you really still use the House P movement Trinket? I found that most of my characters at those levels generally have striding boots that work about as well and those are 24/7 and I dumped the Trinket. You can always get a free replacement just by asking the giver over by the Mailbox....

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorWhofan View Post
    I didn't know that! Gotta tell the hubby!
    lol, that's where i got all my bottles of airs
    the thing to note tho, is that if you go to the corner of the room and swim down while hugging the corner, you won't get hit by the blade (only makes sense since the blad swins in a circle and can't fill a square room)
    now, the spawn rate of the bottle is uncertain, but you can be sure you'll ALWAYS find something down there
    whether it be a bottle of air.... or a potion... =P

if it makes you feel any better, i use 2 bars and scroll through them for other spells =)
    also, i set SHIFT +1~5 keys for bar 2 while mouse wheeling thru bar 1~20 =)
    i've been playing pretty smoothly up to now with all my toons =)

thanks, my aside about being a better player was specifically about having my bars so big that they take up so much of my screen that I have trouble seeing where I'm going. agree about all the other things that go into playing well, but I was focused specifically on shrinking the relative size of my bars.
    I always am reminded of one of my Golfing friends back in high school. Dan was a pretty medicore player. His parents bought him a real nice set of golf clubs, and I recall how disappointed he was that the new clubs did not turn those 7's into 5's on Par 4's. He had somehow bought into the hype of the club manufactuers that he would "shave strokes off his game" just by using the new and fairly expensive gear, while the rest of us using hand me downs and K-mart specials would still beat him.

Having good gear can help, and setting up a screen to give you more eyespace can make it easier to see the field of battle and perhaps anticipate what is happening a little better and be proactive instead of reactive.

One simple thing that has helped some players/systems is to up the amount of RAM in the system if it can take more. The game does load a fair amount of stuff into RAM and if you have room for it, some of the transitions seem to go faster once you do that. It can also be a fairly low cost investment.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zenako View Post
    And finally, do you really still use the House P movement Trinket? I found that most of my characters at those levels generally have striding boots that work about as well and those are 24/7 and I dumped the Trinket. You can always get a free replacement just by asking the giver over by the Mailbox....
    Weren't directed at me, but I can answer:

1) CSW wands and scrolls are on different timers. You can heal faster doing wand/scroll/wand/wand/scroll/wand/wand/scroll (etc) than just wand-wand-wand.
    2) At least on my cleric, I don't use lesser restore. Mass or greater, no lesser. On other chars, I just carry potions, they can be used on others if necessary (after some chiding, of course).
    3) The trinket is the fastest way to move about town. Faster than haste, faster than striding. Some people (like myself) don't even bother with striding items (no open slots anyways) and just drink haste pots every 30 seconds if there are no casters.

couple of quick questions/comments?

Do the groups you run with actually need the Mass Bull's Strength? I mean I generally carry Bulls Str as a Cleric Buff up to about level 9 or so, since not everyone has a +4 (or better) STR item before then.

well i have those Csw scrolls for a while now trying to get rid of them

The mass bulls and the other i had was for Hound raid only to buff up the hounds while healing in the middle

the remove curse wands same as Csw had them while leveling and i have never used them, as to wands for lessor never needed them too.

and the house p trinket, well I do have 30% on but when I was getting some house p buff i accidently clicked on the wrong guy and received my trinket back again, well as you can see its on two of my hot bars for some unknown reason. i rarely used it adn I rarely to remeber to use it.
    Member of Mythical

Community Member

Everyone's icons are almost the same size. What you are seeing is your browser resizing images for you.

Click on the link I provided (1st page I think), then zoom in on your browser. The icons will be the size you are used to but you will only be able to see 1/4-1/3 of the screen.

now i think about it, it's like everyone has 20+ inch monitors :O
    and here i am still using a 17/18 inch :P

i like my CRT thank you~

Default good grief, golf clubs

I was simply wondering if there was a way to make the bars take up a smaller portion of the screen. Please forget I said anything about being a better player, as it appears tongue in cheek doesn't translate on the forums.

And, I'm sorry, if people are able to put horizontal bars side by side AND have room for a chat window as well, then it's not simply a browser display issue. If I eliminate chat window, I still can't get two bars side by side on my screen without overlap. And I have my resolution set as high as the options available to me allow.

I suspect that monitor size is a big part of the issue, inferring indirectly from what has been said. (i have a 13 inch monitor). Can someone confirm?

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast