Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

My Main Cleric...

My Rogues are pretty full as well..
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Quote Originally Posted by Zenako View Post
    Couple of quick questions DWF...

Notice on your healing bar, that you still have many of the low level plain CLW, CMW type spells listed. I know since I generally have some Meta in play, that the HEAL spell often ends up costing fewer SP to cast than a Meta'd up low level spell. So I ended up dropping all the single target healing spells from my hot bars to give more room. (need a screenshot I guess). End up with just the Mass Curing and HEAL. I also dropped Lesser Restore from the memory as well, since MOST of the time player can fix those things themselves, and if not, just hit a Restore or Greater Restore and not spend time sorting out the best spell. Costs more SP to cast multiple Restores than just one hit on a Greater.

and hmmmm 37 disco ball jellies.....
    Leave the jellies alone...

I need some cleaning of the bars and spell lists, but my heals, well my husband likes to duo stuff alot so since it is him, I chain heal him rather than mass heals. At high levels less of an issue but in a nasty fight when the tanks are seperated so mass heal isnt effective and they are both dropping, I generally Heal one, and chain heal the other. Also, some only want a top off, so it is cheaper than full heal.

And it is my security blanket. SOme one incapped and don't want to use alot of mana? i use a little heal, especially if I'm fighting and they can heal themselves, which is becoming more and more the norm in the Vale.

Restores? yeah, I know. Have a wand of lesser, but the others, I rather not waste mana for one level drain. I recently got greater restore as a spell, so I using up all my greater restore scrolls. It's all about Mana conservation.

Gotta fix Curse, too. Man! Got work to do on her!
    +The Goddess of Tempest's Spine+Merc's Only, THELANIS: List is here: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...94#post2798094 LEGIONNAIRE /Salute to Rameses, He has RETURNED!

Quote Originally Posted by Depravity View Post
    Actually got my first one from the mission just outside the rusty nail in the marketplace, as an end reward.

If you keep an eye out, one spawns in Hiding in Plain Sight every so often - float over the "eggbeater" at the end of the trapped swim, and spam backspace while pointing the camera down. If it shows up it's in a little tunnel at the very bottom of the shaft.

I recommend a little stone skin and temporary hp to help with the chopping you are about to recieve.

/threadjack
    I didn't know that! Gotta tell the hubby!
    +The Goddess of Tempest's Spine+Merc's Only, THELANIS: List is here: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...94#post2798094 LEGIONNAIRE /Salute to Rameses, He has RETURNED!

Community Member

I just changed to a much larger monitor, so still working on where I want to put everything. Proximity became a whole new issue for me... last night on my cleric I had to move the red/blue bars to be just behind him, as I found moving the mouse 1280 pixels to the left can be the difference between a quick heal and a res.

(Yes, I use F1-F12, but sometimes it's easier to click the names)

http://home.stny.rr.com/chadman/ScreenShot00000.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorWhoFan
    How do you do that, Cow? And I lovethe fact you are dead and she is too! How did you get the chest?
    It was a photo finish screenshot where we both killed each other at the exact same time. I didn't get the chest, but I HAD to make sure I got a screenshot of soloing her down. The screenshot was worth more than my end chest.
    Server - Thelanis
    Diaries of a True Reincarnate (Wizard, Sorcerer, Melee, Divine, Artificer, Druid)

Quote Originally Posted by Strakeln View Post
    I just changed to a much larger monitor, so still working on where I want to put everything. Proximity became a whole new issue for me... last night on my cleric I had to move the red/blue bars to be just behind him, as I found moving the mouse 1280 pixels to the left can be the difference between a quick heal and a res.

(Yes, I use F1-F12, but sometimes it's easier to click the names)

http://home.stny.rr.com/chadman/ScreenShot00000.jpg
    so tiny!! What's your moniter? Mine good 20 inch broke so I am using the backup 19 inch comes-with-computer widescreen.

I don't usethe F keys doe to the fact I'm left handed. My right is operating the directional keys and my left is the mouse. It is far easier to click on the name than the f keys or number pad.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorWhofan View Post
    so tiny!! What's your moniter? Mine good 20 inch broke so I am using the backup 19 inch comes-with-computer widescreen.

I don't usethe F keys doe to the fact I'm left handed. My right is operating the directional keys and my left is the mouse. It is far easier to click on the name than the f keys or number pad.
    30" Widescreen running at 2560x1600

Zoom in and things won't be so small, but you'll have to scroll to see anything.

ooo that will explain things to some people....a lefty.....

I recall all sorts of problems trying to help my dad troubleshoot on his PC over the phone until I recalled that he was left handed we had reset his mouse to reflect that on the buttons....left click right click...ummm Oh Yeah...try it this way dad...
    Sarlona - The Ko Brotherhood :Jareko-Elf Ranger12Rogue8+4E; Hennako-Human Cleric22; Rukio-Human Paladin18; Taellya-Halfling Rogue16; Zenako-Dwarf Fighter10Cleric1; Daniko-Drow Bard20; Kerriganko-Human Cleric18; Buket-WF Fighter6; Xenophilia-Human Wiz20; Zenakotwo-Dwarf Cleric16; Yadnomko-Halfling Ftr12; Gabiko-Human Bard15; lots more

Quote Originally Posted by Strakeln View Post
    30" Widescreen running at 2560x1600

Zoom in and things won't be so small, but you'll have to scroll to see anything.
    Geez!! that is as large as our TV!! I bit too much for me, but a good 22" widescreen would be fine. I could fit more bars!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zenako View Post
    ooo that will explain things to some people....a lefty.....

I recall all sorts of problems trying to help my dad troubleshoot on his PC over the phone until I recalled that he was left handed we had reset his mouse to reflect that on the buttons....left click right click...ummm Oh Yeah...try it this way dad...
    To continue this slight diversion ...

I'm a righty but I use the mouse with my left hand (with the mouse buttons the default, right-handed way). I also use the directional arrows (as opposed to WASD), and I use the control key to target cycle. I do use the F-keys (slowing me down some as I move my left hand from the mouse to the F-key).

This post actually inspired me to do a little house cleaning. (and i actually got it down to 9 hotbars w00t!) Thanks guys...

Quote Originally Posted by Jay203 View Post
    ~locks Erres in the ancient cage~

Community Member

I only have 3 bars showing on the screen at a time, no matter what class I'm playing, but I have also heavily modified my keymapping. This might account for my bad playing =)

I use my mouse very little in the game, I have my numberpad set to emulate mouse functions. Num1 is select nearest mob, and Num3 is right-mouse/attack. Num4 is select nearest object, and Num5 is Use. Num - is previous hotbar, and Num + is next hotbar. So my healing and rogue skills are mapped to the hotkeys around the left keypad, or to the remaining number keys. Notice that on the Merc board there is a second row of number keys above the WASD. I use these for hotbars 3 - 20. I cycle to the correct hotbar using Num - and Num +, and then select the hotkey with the 1-10 keys.

Bar 3 contains my weapons, and pots I use in combat, Bar 4 has my swappable rogue goggles and all my anti-ailment potions, Bar 5 is elemental resists, and the remaining bars are all my situational gear that doesn't get swapped out regularly.

Dzhein's been watchin a bit of Serenity.
    So, I hear that one day we may get Familiars...
    ....I want a Velociraptor!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by VonBek View Post
    Dzhein's been watchin a bit of Serenity.
    I thought everyone made theme songs for their characters. I love the alias function for putting movie quotes into quests. I have the Ghostbusters song for when I run Delera's, my barbarian says "It's clobberin' time!" before fights, and for VoN3, when we get to the troll room, my characters say "The DROW is using the TROLL as muscle against YOU. And you are left there helpless." And of course Dzhein says "What we need here's a diversion. I say the cleric gets nekkid!"

Bah! Weapons? I have SPELLS!!

Love my adiddis sneakers? You get a pair free with every Black Dragon heavy armour. You would think I could run faster with proper shoes...
    But DFW my dear...we can have BOTH!
    Ringos-JohnDenver-Lillis-Dacta-Erahn-CPants-Jhain : Silver Waffle

"You assume that Clay is an ass because he's Legion..." Shyver

All my characters have a similar setup (17", 1280x960):
    Healing is to the left of the party bars.
    Offense is at the bottom.
    Class skills/feats on the right
    Items and buffs to the top left
    Last edited by krud; 07-13-2008 at 10:51 PM.
    Ghallanda: Neatoelf15wiz/1rgr, Neetoelf17wiz, NeatoManhuman13rog/6pal/1mnk, NeatoHombrehuman12ftr/6pal/2rog, Kneetoedwarf17clr, Kneedoughdrow18clr/2mnk

Minimize expectations and you'll never be disappointed

Nice ones.

This is pretty much my standard setup -

Quote Originally Posted by Ringos View Post
    But DFW my dear...we can have BOTH!
    not with my strength. I have enough so I won't get burdened.

Geez everyone! I think everyone has 30 inch screens!!! Need to save up and upgrade!

I feel like a simpleton looking at some of the others in here :x

Suppose I got room for a ninth bar between the focus orb and the others.

not with my strength. I have enough so I won't get burdened.

Geez everyone! I think everyone has 30 inch screens!!! Need to save up and upgrade!
    Nah, just a 20" er here...plus a laptop at times...
    Sarlona - The Ko Brotherhood :Jareko-Elf Ranger12Rogue8+4E; Hennako-Human Cleric22; Rukio-Human Paladin18; Taellya-Halfling Rogue16; Zenako-Dwarf Fighter10Cleric1; Daniko-Drow Bard20; Kerriganko-Human Cleric18; Buket-WF Fighter6; Xenophilia-Human Wiz20; Zenakotwo-Dwarf Cleric16; Yadnomko-Halfling Ftr12; Gabiko-Human Bard15; lots more

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast