Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Borror0 View Post
    I would say more 340.

It's very likely that Dwarven Consitution and the base +2 bonus let you net 32 more HP.

Only if youa re gimping your Con in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Drider View Post
    Only if youa re gimping your Con in the first place.
    Actually, not. If you gimp your con, the advantage to be dwarf is lesser.
    DDOwiki.com, #1 source for DDO information.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkoHighStar View Post
    its the monk stances and flurry of blows that is lost when you are not centered I believe
    It's more than that... you actually can't accumulate Ki *and* start to rapidly lose all your Ki if you equip a non-monk weapon. Forget any monk builds that depend on having one hand free for stunning fist/quivering palm and using non-monk weapon in the other hand. Forget using wholeness of body, if you're not using Ki weapons.

In PnP Monks can use those abilities a fixed number of times per day, but they don't require you to use Ki weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by SteeleTrueheart View Post
    1. I dont think you can get +6 STR and GFL together on an item yet.
    Except for the named raid loot item "Belt of Brute Strength" from Titan that has been in the game for close to a year and a half.
    Ghallanda ReRolled Naxy-Transil-Kottol-Nax-Riorsil-Riorik-Kaol

Quote Originally Posted by Missing Minds View Post
    I know of only one person like that on my server, and let me tell you, it does NOT drop like that for your average player, or even your average power player at all. he's very lucky.
    At first I would have believed you because I was not pulling any +2 tomes when the shroud opened up, but now I have extras and I have pullled 2 +2 con tomes on 3 trips to the hound raid, so they are more common then what people think, hell I have pulled about 7 or 8 +1 tomes within the last month or so.

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    Really. I had heard that if you used non monk weapons you lost the wisdom bonus to ac. I would imagine we might see alot more rangers with a monk level splash if this were the case.

We have a 10 monk/ 6 ranger in the guild who has over a 72 AC, Its something im looking at doing myself. he can take on the orthons and the devils on part 4 by himself without even getting hit
    Member of Mythical

Tomes are more common than they used to be, thanks to the higher level content. +1 tomes are cheap enough to buy that I almost consider them standard equipment.

+2 tomes can be had by lots and lots of questing on hard in the vale, normal in the shroud, etc. You can also trade for them, but you will have to give up something that you probably would want to hold on to.

+2 and +3 tomes are not terribly uncommon on reaver raids.

+2 and +3 tomes are a virtual guarantee with 20 shroud completions, if you don't choose a cleansing stone on your 20th.

Nice build. Despite what people say about paladins, there are ways to make them quite effective. There is definitely more than can be done, but at least they are getting attention and the recent patch was a move in the right direction. Their auras do matter. There is a lot of synergy with a 2 level monk splash that is not possible with barbarians.

I am curious about what skill you would take, and why you wouldn't also include a +2 int tome at L1 for 15 additional skill points through level 16.
    Margolie L16 Wizard Beaar L16 Fighter14-Rogue2 Beaaar L16 Cleric Gwynneth L14 Paladin10-Cleric3-Sorc1 Relle L16 Ranger15-Rogue1 Aluzia L7 Bard Bareskin Rugg L16 Ranger2-Monk2-Fighter2 Manbearpigg L12 Cleric10-Monk2

Quote Originally Posted by Borror0 View Post
    I would say more 340.
    Untouchable Sits At 341Hps Exactly, Without Way Of The Tortise.

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    Hmm good to know. My guess is that at bab of 20 we might see an additional attack added which would be an argument for fighters, rangers, paladins, etc. to remain pure and not splash monk or rogue or what have you otherwise if you are lawful and are dex based, or have a decent dex you should always splash monk levels..
    Actuly norg thats exacly it All lawfull robe weariogn rangers purty much should splash a monk levle if they care about Ac at all, the down side would be possibvle elvle 20 ramger enchments and the loss for the 5th FAvord emimy and bumps to all favoreds, and possible a godo 20th BaB attack chain, I know anni will be strongly considerign it ocne she swaps to robes will have to see that sta of aC in the game at the time and if i want the 5th favored emimy.
    Prophits of the New Republic-- Khyber--PnP Vetren of more years then I wish to admit
    Desteria MoonStar-Sorc20--Mcgruf The Crime Dog-Dwarf Ftr12/Pal3/Rgr5
    Annibelle of the Woods-Rgr20--St.Fut H'Tennek-H-Orc Barb 20
    Kwaiii Chang Caine-Monk 20--Sandradee-Bard 3

Community Member Yori_Firebeard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Inspire View Post
    Explain To Me How Your Going To Fit All 5 Of Those +6 Stat Items/Chattering Ring/Seal Of Earth/+5 Protection/Minos Legens/+8 Armor Bracers/Shroud +45Hp Items On.

Edit: Oh, Greater False Life, +5 Resistance Item And Head Of Good Fortune I See You Have Listed Too.
    \

You will need items that do more than one thing such as Titan belt, Greensteel cloak with heavy fort, protection +5, and 45 hp
    and that will get you pretty darn close.
    Xoriat FTW

Quote Originally Posted by Yori Firebeard View Post
    \

You will need items that do more than one thing such as Titan belt, Greensteel cloak with heavy fort, protection +5, and 45 hp
    and that will get you pretty darn close.
    The item list is now in the build. I hadn't thought of posting it originally, but when he posted that I had to make sure it could be done.
    [Founder/Leader of the Bloodlords of Argonnesen]
    [DaveyKhealerAcapellaParlospiGodithGearey Gygax]

Yawn. So if you have access to uber gear and tank stats you can make a super-duper character?
    Officer of SABBAT
    Mheet Jylian Callisto Rakio Kristoff

Yaknow, I dont have the patience to read every post.... Last I checked, out-of-center monks lost their wisdom bonus. Planning a Character on bad feat/enhancement implementation is just plain ignorant.

You plan to use the monk's abilities until they get fixed and then you'll likely be first in line to cry about how they "nerf'd" you to death.

This build is a total waste, IMO. Time coulda been spent better sleeping.
    Fyshie the Tasty, of Thelanis
    Notit of Khyber
    I may not like what you have to say, but I will defend to the death, your right to say it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Dark View Post
    Yaknow, I dont have the patience to read every post.... Last I checked, out-of-center monks lost their wisdom bonus. Planning a Character on bad feat/enhancement implementation is just plain ignorant.

You plan to use the monk's abilities until they get fixed and then you'll likely be first in line to cry about how they "nerf'd" you to death.

Please educate yourself before judging Davey's build.

Out of center monks lose KI and cannot do "monk" things. However, as long as they do not wear armor they retain their wisdom bonus to AC. This, as I last heard, is working as intended (except they will fix that it works while wearing a shield, it shouldn't).

Also, Davey doesn't really cry or whine about much of anything.

One could argue your entire post is ignorant.

Oh my, Aspenor disagrees with me. My world is crumbling.

You obviously missed the entire point.
    Fyshie the Tasty, of Thelanis
    Notit of Khyber
    I may not like what you have to say, but I will defend to the death, your right to say it.

Community Member

Oh my, Aspenor disagrees with me. My world is crumbling.

You obviously missed the entire point.
    Oh, I got your point.

The problem is that you were objectively wrong.

You retain your wisdom bonus to AC assuming you wear no armor, currently. It will work if you equip a shield as well, currently. In the near future it will not work while wearing a shield, but assuming you wear no armor and no shield, it will apply.

"centered" is a DDO-manufactured gimmick for monks and does not actually exist in PnP and Turbine correctly chose to follow PnP axiom with this feature.

You don't have a brother on these forums too, do ya?

What the hell are you talking about?

Monks do NOT lose Wisdom bonus for being out of balance. I don't know when you 'checked', but they never have. Eladrin has posted in this thread once:

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    The monk wisdom (and class) bonus to armor class should essentially function "by the book". This bonus should be lost if wearing any armor, using a shield, or encumbered. It does not check for ki weapons however - it's less restrictive than the monk abilities that require one to remain centered.
    Judging a build without knowledge of the subject is just plain ignorant.

Your post is a total waste, IMO. Time coulda been better spent sleeping.
    Last edited by DaveyCrockett; 07-28-2008 at 07:52 PM.
    [Founder/Leader of the Bloodlords of Argonnesen]
    [DaveyKhealerAcapellaParlospiGodithGearey Gygax]

Quote Originally Posted by Arianrhod View Post
    I'll grant that you seem confident you either already have or can get all the tomes you listed, but this statement is still misleading. If tomes really did "drop like candy" there would be enough of a glut of them that some people would post them on the AH for less than the current 6- and 7-digit prices. As things stand at the moment, no one who doesn't already have a capped character is going to be buying any +2 tomes, and even +1 tomes most people have to put some time into bargain-hunting if they want them before capping a character.
    Tomes may not drop like candy for most people, but they do for Davey.
    My Videos Shadow Mage (ok, it's a build now)
    A forum post should be like a skirt - long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
    Britches and Hose kidnapped my dog and are forcing him to farm Shroud ingredients.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    The monk wisdom (and class) bonus to armor class should essentially function "by the book". This bonus should be lost if wearing any armor, using a shield, or encumbered. It does not check for ki weapons however - it's less restrictive than the monk abilities that require one to remain centered.
    Is the scaling class bonus to armor actually a "class bonus"? It appears to not stack with "armor bonuses" from, say, Jidz-Tet'ka.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Darquain View Post
    Is the scaling class bonus to armor actually a "class bonus"? It appears to not stack with "armor bonuses" from, say, Jidz-Tet'ka.
    This thread is more than 3 years old. It might be better to get your information from threads that haven't had more than 10 updates since the last post.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Darquain View Post
    How did you even find this thread?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast