Default DDO Catalog

The name of your fansite.
    DDO Catalog

The fansite's URL.

Current deprecated version:
    http://rageclash.net/rageclash/ddoca...ddocatalog.php

Upcoming version:
    http://75.67.225.240:599/ddocatalog.aspx

A brief (around 50 words max) description of your fansite's content.
    An online community database for Dungeons and Dragons Online to catalog data on monsters, maps, traps, obstacles, and more.
    Last edited by MrCow; 05-17-2010 at 04:18 PM.
    Server - Thelanis
    Diaries of a True Reincarnate (Wizard, Sorcerer, Melee, Divine, Artificer, Druid)

I know this hasn't been updated or used much within the past year or so, but I figured I'd update the website address for those who use it as an old resource every now and then.
    Server - Thelanis
    Diaries of a True Reincarnate (Wizard, Sorcerer, Melee, Divine, Artificer, Druid)

Community Member

A bump, a thank you for the hard work you put into the catalog and a question... I was checking the resists of some monsters and I noticed that some have "-" and others have "0" as resistance. Are they the same thing or one means "not tested yet" and the other "tested and doesn't resist vs. dmg X"?

And neither the link in the first post nor the one in your signature are working, I have to use this one to access your catalog.
    Mjoll. CLAW. Thelanis.
    Quest maps: on the forums & on DDOWiki
    Item enchantments project: on the forums & on DDOWiki
    Monster information project: on the forums & on DDOWiki

Quote Originally Posted by Mjoll
    a question... I was checking the resists of some monsters and I noticed that some have "-" and others have "0" as resistance. Are they the same thing or one means "not tested yet" and the other "tested and doesn't resist vs. dmg X"?
    This wasn't solely edited by just me (in fact, anyone can go in and make changes) when it was being updated so there are situations where some things don't match in terms of conventions. A "-" is supposed to be for attributes (STR, DEX, CON, INT, WIS, CHA) which denotes a nonability. However, there were people who used it to mean a "0".
    Server - Thelanis

Haven't been able to get to the DDO Catalog with any of the links. Is there a new address for it now?

Really hope it isn't gone!

Quote Originally Posted by HavokReeker View Post
    Haven't been able to get to the DDO Catalog with any of the links. Is there a new address for it now?

Really hope it isn't gone!
    Seems to be back online to me.

I like this website.. But does go down from time to time.

And yea I tried to help you out and edit in some details but never had much luck with it, It would just accept it.. And nothing would change on the page. Tho this was months ago when I tried, maybe its fixed now.

Ok, some news is warranted for this neglected little website. I admittedly cast this off to oblivion for various reasons:

• There has been an incredibly small amount of interest. It gets more use from google spiders and spam-bots than it does from real people.
    • On top of the small amount of real visitors there has been an exceptional few who cared about the status of the site or desire to use it as a tool for data gathering. Other than myself, the two other people who cared to this degree left DDO over a year and a half ago.
    • The site was built using PHP for a college project, something I do not use on a constant basis.
    • There is a minimal amount of anything built in for error checking and whatnot. It is troublesome to try and diagnose problems when they occur (like when it currently mysteriously locks the database, preventing editing until I restart it on my end).
    • I did very little to spread the word and promote the DDO Catalog, which is partially why so few folks know about it.

There are also other factors involved, but suffice to say I had little motivation to update and improve the DDO Catalog over the past years.

Regardless, there have been a couple people who do seem to want it to exist and there is still nothing out there trying to do what the focus of the DDO Catalog is (a community database on DDO monsters, maps, traps, etc.). Yes, the DDOWiki is out there and it is a wonderful resource for the community, but it is a generalized DDO resource. Thus, as much as I attempted to let the DDO Catalog die by ignoring it I can't. It still serves a purpose and because of that I am going to don the mantle again and try to get it back to servicing the community.

Now that all that has been said part of my plan to get the DDO Catalog back on track is going to require redesigning it. For now, the old DDO Catalog is up (and currently functional ), but I state this more to warn the fact that any new updates/edits made there will not be migrated over when I am done recreating the DDO Catalog. It is fine for viewing purposes, but edit at your own risk.

The new DDO Catalog is currently in the works. Some things I should probably mention about it while it is under construction:

• It is missing a LOT of things right now, as it is "in progress". The home page does mention the list of things I have gotten up and things I'm still looking to implement while it is in progress.
    • Feedback is always welcome while I add things to it to get it back to the point of where the old one left off.
    • I'm am not someone who excels in visual arts. Don't expect it to look pretty.
    • Once the remake is finished I'll contact the folks here at DDO to change the address in my title.
    • Even though it is in a stage of being made, any editing that is done to it will be retained.
    • It doesn't run fast. It is running off of some more complex things so it will be slower than the old DDO Catalog. Also, the computer it is running off of is almost 10 years old.
    • Expect unexpected outages. The server runs in my closet and is subject to any of my local problems, such as power outages, turned off during thunderstorms, internet connection dropping, and so on.

The time for the rebirth of the DDO Catalog is coming. Here is to the hope that it will be a benefit to the DDO community.
    Server - Thelanis