Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Litz View Post
    This gives me an idea of making a new guild called "Grind"..
    **blinkblink**...
    that you Litz?...
    Where you been? I
    'd put a toon in there too...
    well I'd try before rejection but, the sentiment is there!
    Chaotic Evil:-Baptismoffire-Tantholos-AltarboyBaptism- Sabott -Caneye-DunkachinoThingamabob- Dejay-Cubscout
    “Ah, this is obviously some strange usage of the word"safe" that I was previously unaware of"; -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Garyaxe View Post
    My rule of thumb is to mock Aranticus as much as I can during a raid and see how much uber loot I get after completing it despite my ignoration of his commands. (Thats right - ignoration. Suck it up. ) Except when he dies against the Pit Fiend in part 4 and I have to take over leading...oi, then things get MAD awkward...heh

Luckily, I'm so lovable he keeps inviting me back to his groups...

Speaking of which, I need to complete the hound and Shroud on all my chars tomorrow night...wanna start a group?

Fun times.

-Gornn
    You KNOW you love me.
    Egotastic.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Boldrin View Post
    Dude, I'd put a toon in a guild named Grind!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    **blinkblink**...
    that you Litz?...
    Where you been? I
    'd put a toon in there too...
    well I'd try before rejection but, the sentiment is there!
    Sorry guys, I'm kinda misleading you. I'm not serious. I often come up with names for both characters, and guilds that I think would be cool, but don't have time, space, or desire to actually do them. if someone wants to take this guild name and run with it I'd think it'd be cool, but I suggest setting it up with a strict attendance policy.

Funny tho I wouldn't be able to live up to my own standards. I've been away from the game and the forums since Mod 7 release. Been taking a break from DDO. No not doing the AoC thing like some are, been playing Assasins Creed, and Battlefield 2142. Some of my other guildies have been doing some RL things which kept them away from the game and I decided to take a break to stave off burn-out syndrome. I'm coming back though. To be honest if I did create a new guild it would be simular to Keepers of the Arcane, but having learned more about Eberron and Xen'Drik I'd name it "9th Wands of Aundair". Its a faction of Aundairinians (or is it Aundairites?) that cling onto the griefs of the last war and use magic. Please noone use this idea (copywrited)

Talking hey p

Quote Originally Posted by Aeneas View Post
    Oh and i almost forgot the most important tip - don't PUG the hound or sulo, it's just a bad idea
    i pug the hound i am only on my 6 run on completion list my completion rate is like 90% on the first run on my bard 100% on the second run if the first wipes the pug group get there **** together pretty quick only take 2 trys at the most i think its a fairly easy raid.
    lunarsong

so i asked everyone to recall and i booted the said ftr. this is the 1st time i kicked someone out of a party. then i recieved a tell from that ftr giving the reasons, 1. my mic is working poorly, 2. he was stunned, then added not to bother him anymore. that was the last straw and he enters my DNP list. most people know how i operate. i may be a nazi when it comes to the details, but i ensure that everyone is sure of their duties. if you cant read or listen, then please dun join my groups. if you think you are so uber that you can do things the way you like, then start you own party. this way you can call all the shots you want - quoted

I'll save you time and effort. Add me to your DNP (do not party) list. People that yell and scream and that dont have social graces to deal with difficult players I dont want to run with. I have enough stress as it is. I dont care about your orders or methods or reasons. Control freaks dont belong in a social game enviroment and I suggest you sit back from the computer and enjoy a nice cold one, letting aggravations disapate.

I can understand the fustration of a teammate who isnt doing what he/she should, or what he/she can. But then so what? If your whole stagegy revoles around one toon.... and the loss of one breaks the (camel's) back, then I suggest you come up with a better strategy. Those that came up with above formulae earned it. Thru dedication and preserverence, and MULTIPLE FAILURES, the party was transformed into a coherent party who wins the day. That formulae can only exist in a party that has that cohesion. And you didnt have it. Shouting and sending tells giving directions didnt cut it either. So you cast blame upon others.

I fail to understand just why so many players in DDO insist that everyone "knows" everything about each and every quest, and a simple direction will give them that experience beforehand. New content is (new). which means unknown. I dont care if you been inside. Nothing like joining a quest and trying it out for gaining huge (real) experience, win or lose! Just because you felt like you couldnt control one player, and that he was the fault that brought the raid down is laughable, just sad.

So like I request. Please add me to your DNP. Save me the headache. I wanna have a good times, Not listen to complaining for hours.....

Furb (all FURB-xxxxxxx) on khyber
    Last edited by Furbitor; 07-02-2008 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Furbitor View Post
    snip
    you just proved my post.... that was not the 1st time i grouped with that said player. it has happened more than once. sometimes able to rescue the situation, sometimes not. my strategy may not be the best. it could fail due to one player, will i try again and try get it right? yes i will and have been in such situations before (6 attempts until a completion) but this requires everyone to do their part, only then will the team come out victorious. note, i used the word TEAM, someone acting on his own is not a TEAM MEMBER

ps: oh you said it too.....
    If you want to know why...

Hey Furbitor, Aranticus really isn't that bad. He only yells at those who truly deserve it. In fact, I've only ever heard him upset once and I've grouped with him several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    Hey Furbitor, Aranticus really isn't that bad. He only yells at those who truly deserve it. In fact, I've only ever heard him upset once and I've grouped with him several times.
    was that with that stupid caster who made us redo part 2 THREE times?

Community Member

I think Furb has a valid point. There's really no place for yelling at people here. Aranticus, if you find yourself yelling at people in your party, you should consider stepping away and grading some papers for a bit.

That said... Furb, the OP comes across as much less level-headed than Aranticus really is. Don't let his venting dissuade you from grouping with him, it's just that: venting. Aranticus is a fun person to group with and generally a voice of reason and maturity on these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Strakeln View Post
    I think Furb has a valid point. There's really no place for yelling at people here. Aranticus, if you find yourself yelling at people in your party, you should consider stepping away and grading some papers for a bit.

That said... Furb, the OP comes across as much less level-headed than Aranticus really is. Don't let his venting dissuade you from grouping with him, it's just that: venting. Aranticus is a fun person to group with and generally a voice of reason and maturity on these forums.
    yep, i was venting for that said person 1st almost messed up a shroud run by..... running into the centre in part 2, made clerics waste precious resources, then in part 4, activated the guards early before songs/cc were set. this was within 2 days of the said hound run.

I love that your Nickname is A-Rant-Ticus.

It's very appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Yabba View Post
    I love that your Nickname is A-Rant-Ticus.

It's very appropriate.
    close you almost got it

its actually a-rant-tic-us (tick us)

lol bingo!

Quote Originally Posted by Aranticus View Post
    close you almost got it

its actually a-rant-tic-us (tick us)

lol bingo!
    I just thought you were going for Roman feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Yabba View Post
    I just thought you were going for Roman feel.
    bah why have one when you can have best of both worlds

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12