Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Funny things hidden in-game

A friend and I were grinding Sorrowdusk slayer XP the other night. We were getting ready to exit out of one of the Ogre caves in that wilderness area when she looked up and around before we exited and said, "Check out the skull on that pillar."

I looked up and saw the skull she meant.

It had sunglasses on.

Anyone else ever notice little hidden funny things in the dungeons or on quests before? That was a first for the two of us and we had a good laugh.

Thanks

Snip
    Guilds -- Officer: Umber Hulks, Member: Knights of the Silver Dragon (KotSD)
    Characters: Nalinor (Human Rogue lvl 20), Cargonar (Dwarven Fighter lvl 11), Atlanon (Dwarven Fighter 11/Barb. 2). Beltakorr (Human Barb. 18/Fighter 2), Fleabite (Halfling Wiz. lvl 9), Skirahzalon (Drow Bard lvl 8).

Theres lots of those hidden around stormreach. One of my favorites is in the desert, some of the gnoll melees cry out "Dis not good, Heal Me!" in parody of similar player tanks
    Star Firefall
    20 Rogue Assasin
    Currently on life 42 of 42 (Final Life!)

check out the name of the corpses in Shroud part 1.

The name of the final boss in Made to Order.

Tombstones in the Necropolis are pretty funny...
    Maveriq Wiley... Benefaqtor... Spyqe... Masqot Von Chaedence...
    Ghallanda

Trade List

found this one interesting. there are sometimes hidden images in the textures around the world.
    This is the rock right next to caged trolls.

I can see an orc shaman at the bottom and a serpent at the top, what do you see?

like the sunken boat of captain jack sparrow by the leaky dinghy? ;-)

I love the "Planet of the Apes" dialogue from the kobold slaves in STK part 2.
    Freeman - Human Bard - Thelanis Fulfilling my duty to the ladies of Stormreach
    Yuvben(Halfling Rogue), Acana(Drow Sorcerer), Walket(Human Cleric), Mahoukami (WF Wizard), Knicapper(Horc Fighter), Pyetr(Human Bard), Mazinger (WF Barb), and Belcar(Halfling Ranger).

There is a group of zombies, I believe in Tempest Spine, that shamble towards you saying 'Mrh?'. As anyone who has ever played the browser based game; Urban Dead can tell you this translates from zombise to english as roughly, 'I don't wish to be a zombie, please revive me to a living state'. (Ok, actually it's basically, 'please revive me.' I elaborated for clarification.)

I simply could not stop the giggles the first time I saw that bit of awesomeness.
    Zhantain, level 16 Elf Ranger. Twilight Avengers Gold Section
    Gamer at The Ultimate Gaming Table.

The one that hooked me on DDO at the very beginning, not an image but a name.

Private Jake, standing in the Stormreach sewers. Most people don't get the reference, but I love it and it showed me that the devs have a great sense of humor.

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

I love the Mobs Dialogs in PoP. No! My End Reward!!!!
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

there are tons of these ...

the smiley face on the bottom of the shoes of some armor sets (self explanatory)
    the shiner for sale in necro (shiner is a beer sold in texas)

i hope this thread keesp going im learning new ones and they add a lot of flavor to the game

but please, add an explanation for those who dont know what it means!

I like the new "Two-Toed Tobias" Mission. It is almost a Goonies spot on. Down to the name "Two-Toed Tobias" has the same number of letters as "One-Eyed Willie" its kinda funny. Also one of the guys that gives you one of the depths quests tell you he needs like 10 rat tails...then says Just kidding. Kinda making fun of WoW gather missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Pellegro View Post
    there are tons of these ...

the smiley face on the bottom of the shoes of some armor sets (self explanatory)
    the shiner for sale in necro (shiner is a beer sold in texas)

i hope this thread keesp going im learning new ones and they add a lot of flavor to the game

but please, add an explanation for those who dont know what it means!
    There is one set of full plate that looks like it has an angry Pikachu on the back of it.

in 3 barrel cove there a npc sitting up high that says (Saveen Silverlane says, ''Did ye notice an unusual number of monks running around lately?'')

Also there a minatour standing next to what appears to be a lady of the night and he says Pirate Worker says, ''All day long, stow this, hoist that. When do I get me share o' the booty?''

named shaman in Butchers Path: Prysass
    Server Sarlona / MST / Guild Enslaved / Characters Ionos, Cydekik, Xalavan, Rodessa, Hethrow, Ramsteen

the last name of the quest giver for Missing in Action outside the rusty nail.

Braddock: Missing in Action
    Grassi Grassii Neuk Trademarks Pantala

Freedom is an empty cup from which everyone wants to drink

The named rare Admiral Anckar in 3BC says "I can't repel firepower of that magnitude!" when he dies (from Admiral Ackbar's line "We can't repel firepower of that magnitude!" in Return of the Jedi). Awesome.
    Some toons with Cow in the name, and some without.

Community Member

When I saw the end boss in the new quest was named Xyzzy I almost fell out of my chair laughing.
    I wonder how many players are old enough to get that one.

I don't get the Private Jake refrence but have a nagging feeling I'll go DUH when I figure it out.

One of the rare encounters in Ataraxia's Haven is a scorpion named Schenker... Michael and Rudolf Schenker are two of the founding members of the Scorpions

in the tangleroot quests there is a body hanging up covered in web.....the group that i was in made a joke of how he/she got there and then felt bad if he/she had a family at home.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast