Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Titan changes

Default Titan changes

Great changes to the titan devs! No save knockdown? A thing of beauty.

I especially like the shield blocking the chests after you complete...nice touch.
    Officer of SABBAT
    Mheet Jylian Callisto Rakio Kristoff

I went in the raid with a balance of 20 and while I was being tossed around I wasn't being knocked down.

If you are referring to being bonked by the Titan's hammer, then yes, that was an automatic knockdown for me (and it probably should be).
    Server - Thelanis
    Diaries of a True Reincarnate (Wizard, Sorcerer, Melee, Divine, Artificer, Druid)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Great changes to the titan devs! No save knockdown? A thing of beauty.
    The knockdown is a DC 35 Balance save.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I especially like the shield blocking the chests after you complete...nice touch.
    That is not a change. It isn't new at all.

The forcefield staying up seems to be due to killing the titan with ice or desintegrate. Tell your casters to only use fire spells and it should go down. Tested this out in my last run and the shield did indeed go down. THe 30runs before where I would spam desintegrate, the shield NEVER went down.

You can thank Azpenor for this little tidbit.
    Star Firefall
    20 Rogue Assasin
    Currently on life 42 of 42 (Final Life!)

Community Member reziel_deadshot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lithic View Post
    The forcefield staying up seems to be due to killing the titan with ice or desintegrate. Tell your casters to only use fire spells and it should go down. Tested this out in my last run and the shield did indeed go down. THe 30runs before where I would spam desintegrate, the shield NEVER went down.

You can thank Azpenor for this little tidbit.
    this is random, i use disint every time and it goes down, somtimes no one casts, sometimes he is comet falled...etc.

but the balance is not that hard to make, get a +13 or so item, +1 into the skill, thats 14, then +4 from gh 18...then dex, figure most people have atleast a 14 so tahts another 2, thats 20..if the dc is only 35...thats bascially minimum...not too hard to get
    Xenaquin-12f/2rog/2barb Xenoquin-14p/2rog Xenioquin-16barb Xenaqin-rgr/rog Zenaquin-15c/1w Hasheam-16w MrZergy-13p/2f/1s MrsZergy-12f/1c/3rgr Reziela-15r/1m RIP-Reziel 15rgr/1rog

I beleive the point he was making was: why was any developement time spent changing a 4 mod old raid with changes that accomplish nothing but making the raid more annoying? IE: constanly being bounced off the lazer platform etc. If developement time is limited, regardless of how little time the recent changes took; they would of been much better spent elsewhere. the best part is due to the non stop bouncing off the platform you frequently get to encounter the ladder bug on your way back up! changes such as the titan and adding a room and handicap ramp in waterworks are completely wasted efforts in my opinion. "hey guys we know mod 8 is 7 months off, but in the mean time feel free to explore the new 8x12 room in waterworks. also stop by titan for a little exercise in patience building."
    Former Leader of DamagedInc:
    godless/attola/scorched/worfda/lucifuges/aodru/stains/acts/upperdecker/ravaged
    Token ****** of DamagedInc

Quote Originally Posted by death_smurf View Post
    I beleive the point he was making was: why was any developement time spent changing a 4 mod old raid with changes that accomplish nothing but making the raid more annoying? IE: constanly being bounced off the lazer platform etc. If developement time is limited, regardless of how little time the recent changes took; they would of been much better spent elsewhere. the best part is due to the non stop bouncing off the platform you frequently get to encounter the ladder bug on your way back up! changes such as the titan and adding a room and handicap ramp in waterworks are completely wasted efforts in my opinion. "hey guys we know mod 8 is 7 months off, but in the mean time feel free to explore the new 8x12 room in waterworks. also stop by titan for a little exercise in patience building."
    believe the titan was accidental, as the reaver was, because currently the reaver only spawns elementals on elite about 4 times, each sending merely 4 or 5 at a time... now hypno patteern is really only needed from a sorc, and just finger, since it doesn't happen very often.

more than likely accidental when doing the coding. its not anything drastic so i don't know.
    Xenaquin-12f/2rog/2barb Xenoquin-14p/2rog Xenioquin-16barb Xenaqin-rgr/rog Zenaquin-15c/1w Hasheam-16w MrZergy-13p/2f/1s MrsZergy-12f/1c/3rgr Reziela-15r/1m RIP-Reziel 15rgr/1rog

have you run it since the new mod dropped? and the wasted developement time was more regarding ww's. regarding the bounces that happens no matter what proximity u are in to the titan and i find it hard to beleive that that change happened without adding some sort of code change to his particular programing!
    Last edited by death_smurf; 06-11-2008 at 10:27 PM.

Default well

have you run it since the new mod dropped?
    yes, ran 5 toons through it all 5 man (12 just too many to keep track of)

The raid is working as intended... that is how he moved/acted when Mod 3 went live.. his movements/actions continuously slowed down with each update after that point.... I am glad its fixed.
    Roving Guns - Sarlona
    Cashery

I thought the changes were awesome.

These are the quests that we're running over and over and over. Its cool when they can get in and change it up a bit to force us to think.

We'd been 4 and 5 manning it forever. During the contest we went in, and were caught completely off guard. It was like a brand new raid at that point -- everyone had to think on their feet, organize, and figure out a new strat.

I found that very exciting and fun.

Default well

Quote Originally Posted by Cashiry View Post
    The raid is working as intended... that is how he moved/acted when Mod 3 went live.. his movements/actions continuously slowed down with each update after that point.... I am glad its fixed.
    /signed

Quote Originally Posted by Cashiry View Post
    fully aware of how he acted when mod 3 went live as we ran it constantly and the only guild to beat it prenerf came from our server lhaazar. the knockdown bounce effect from the mod 3 version was nothing like it is now. If you like it great however after the devs claimed that they would not waste dev time revisiting old quests etc. why on a mod with extremely little new content would any time be spent on old content instead of adding new player quests? also curious why u didnt release release notes with the changes since "The raid is working as intended..."

Quote Originally Posted by Pellegro View Post
    I thought the changes were awesome.

These are the quests that we're running over and over and over. Its cool when they can get in and change it up a bit to force us to think.

We'd been 4 and 5 manning it forever. During the contest we went in, and were caught completely off guard. It was like a brand new raid at that point -- everyone had to think on their feet, organize, and figure out a new strat.

I found that very exciting and fun.
    disagree we did 5 man it. and not a single strategy was diffrent it was just annoying. it still took the exact same amount time as any run before. but if you guys enjoy it cool as long as someone receives some sort of enjoyment from the changes i guess they wernt wasted. personally ive hated that quest since the first changes in mod 3 and now i have a reason not to run it.

fully aware of how he acted when mod 3 went live as we ran it constantly and the only guild to beat it prenerf came from our server lhaazar. the knockdown bounce effect from the mod 3 version was nothing like it is now. If you like it great however after the devs claimed that they would not waste dev time revisiting old quests etc. why on a mod with extremely little new content would any time be spent on old content instead of adding new player quests? also curious why u didnt release release notes with the changes since "The raid is working as intended..."
    I'm not saying the Dev's fixed it. I stated that his AI got progressively worse as the Mods/updates came out. It could have been very well fixed without the devs doing anything involved in that raid. Have you noticed that Constructs of all types are moving alot faster since the Last Mod came out(prob due to the quest with WF in it out in 3BC) just a thought...
    Roving Guns - Sarlona
    Cashery

Community Member

I like this version of the titan. It's certainly better than the last.

I think some changes on the titan were needed, but this is just a little bit too much in my opinion. I havn't seen a pug for titan since the new raid are unlocked and it's not because they are only doing the subterrean. This change just killed the pugs doing titan. I agree it was too easy before, but now it might be a little bit too much.
    Guild I'm one of a kind, Khyber
    Current Crew: Raika ~ Carolanne ~ Sulthania ~ Yasminne ~ Zazette
    Semi-Active Crew: Rosanna ~ Venusia ~ Coriza
    Retired Crew: Alexandra ~ Samara ~ Zaretta ~ Carelle ~ Katina ~ Nathalya ~ Kristina ~ Nausikaa ~ Carietta ~ Isabella ~ Zyvorra ~ Hetoff
    Guild The Ashen, Khyber (Originally from Riedra)
    Retired Crew: Zazumi

If you guys thought the titan was going to stay docile and do nothing since they bugged him you must be smoking some good stuff, the titan is working like he always should have

Quote Originally Posted by Hakushi View Post
    I think some changes on the titan were needed, but this is just a little bit too much in my opinion. I havn't seen a pug for titan since the new raid are unlocked and it's not because they are only doing the subterrean. This change just killed the pugs doing titan. I agree it was too easy before, but now it might be a little bit too much.
    It is no harder now than it was before really. My guild did not have to change one thing about how we run it except we now put 2 people on the lazer. If you notice when you get bounced it is always straight north/south or east/west if standing still. Everyone goes up to the very top except those with a job on the ground. When ready to get him to the lazer everyone stands over it. He will come over to you. If you hit him with 100% accuracy you only have to move the lazer one time, one square. If you get bounced while on an intersection up there (given you are not moving) you will always stay up there.

And no he does not bounce people any more now than he did when it was released. I also went in many many times before bug fixes and nerfs and it was just as bad then (if not worse) than it is now.

Milolyen

The Warforged Titan received a 20,000 mile overhaul of his AI and scripting. He'd been acting a bit odd as of late, and we thought it would be best to go in and clean things up a little to make sure the encounter went off as expected. You'll note he's walking around much better now, and has better aim at things that annoy him up in the rafters.

Fewer air elementals in the Reaver raid were also an intentional change - there were performance issues popping up if people didn't kill them and just let them pile up, especially on minimum spec computers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast