Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Kachi View Post

Yup! It is definitely there now. Thanks.
    My pleasure, if you ever see anything wrong/missing/unclear... send me a PM.
    DDOwiki.com, #1 source for DDO information.

Quote Originally Posted by RazorrX View Post
    [18:40] zigzag: *Ashvirenza* My question is: Question for Piloto and Eladrin: People are bringing up that the monk's DPS does not compare to other classes and it does not attack fast enough to make it a viable stat damager (even if it had a wide choice). What role and what unique feature do you think will set monks apart from other classes and get them spots in groups. Is it solely there extensive utility?
    [18:41] Keeper: Monks make the best guacamole.
    I can not find craft guacamole on the level up screen. I think you guys left that skill off.

[18:41] Eladrin: We're paying close attention to the debates on the effectiveness of the monk, and will make changes if they prove necessary. The monk is an extremely versatile class and often takes some time to master.
    [18:42] Eladrin: This versatility allows the monk the ability to fill many different roles with a tremendous array of build options, especially when one multi-classes.
    [18:43] Eladrin: I'm sure that the players will surprise me with what they come up with.

This both excites me and really makes me worry.

I however really hope that the monk does not have to be multiclassed in order to be effective. As a class that was intended in PnP to be a pure class, that really saddens me if that is the case. I was and am looking forward to playing a pure monk, and hope that a splash monk is not a better choice near the upper level play of the game.

Also, I am beginning to hear that monks need to dual wield kamas in order to even try and keep up at higher levels. That really needs to be fixed. Unarmed combat is what a Monk is known for. Allowing TWF to give a monk an additional strike (that, btw seems to be included already in the attack chain) would help some.

I agree. I would hate to see a splash monk more powerful then a pure monk.

I always thought Fury of Blows (FoB) gave you an extra attack. I know in the Pen and Paper (PnP) version when I use FoB I would roll 2d20; one for each hand (level one monk), and you could use kamas, sai (why did they not include the sai for the monk?), nunchucks, and quaterstaff (I might be missing one or two) with FoB as well. They seemed to have left that out in DDO.
    DDO Character Planner by Rons

Si vis pacem, para bellum. "If you want peace, prepare for war."

Quote Originally Posted by Borror0 View Post
    My pleasure, if you ever see anything wrong/missing/unclear... send me a PM.

I will do that.
    DDO Character Planner by Rons

Si vis pacem, para bellum. "If you want peace, prepare for war."

There are lots of things they didnt do that they should have done for monks.
    But I wont complain as I know its a new class, it will take some time to adjust the class to be perfect.
    Who's the more foolish, the fool or the one who sends it a res.
    Unrestricted free agent
    Khyber
    Characters - Terrah, Elayne, Shiado, Ranok, Rattchet

For the most part I think Turbine's on the right track with their class and race expansion plans. Also like the Shavarath story line, so I'm very much interested in Mod 8.

However, I am concerned about the comment that a level cap is - hopeful - by the end of the year. I think it needs to be Mod 8. Maybe it's just me, but I kind of have a hard time playing capped characters - what can I say, I like progression!

If the cap isn't raised until the end of the year, my cleric's going to really start collecting dust. However, I am totally into my monk and 32 point ranger, so I'll be playing. Just think the cap needs to go up as soon as possible.
    DDOcast - A weekly podcast about DDO!
    Characters: Sarlona: Mockduck (Cleric): Beefheart (Fighter): Mockduk (Ranger/Rogue): Monkduck (Monk): Veiovis (Fvs/Rog) Guild: Mockduck (Rogue) Cannith: Mockduck (Fvs/Rogue) Twitter Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus_dead View Post
    Five main reasons spring to mind:

1. Half-orcs can fight. DDO is a game of combat.
    2. Half-orcs have a fundamental role not occupied by existing races. Gnomes do not.
    3. Half-orcs are big. Big things are easier to see in a video game.
    4. Half-orcs are visually distinct from existing races. It takes an expert to tell a gnome from a halfling.
    5. Orcs are cool.
    The only orcs I like are those dead at my feat.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123