Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lorien the First One View Post
    If the enchanted armor that I'm wearing on my body transfers to the sword in my hand, why not to the hand itself?
    That's an interesting question, but fairly irrelevant, because monks can't really use a breastplate.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus_dead View Post
    That's an interesting question, but fairly irrelevant, because monks can't really use a breastplate.

Sure they can.... But would they want to?....

Heddar Dwarf Fighter L 17, Celidaer Elf Wizard L 17, Merinid Drow Bard L 16,
    Talimore Human Ranger L 5, Kuven Human Cleric L 3, Kopesh Warforged Barbarian L 4

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    The breastplate is intended to grant the Destruction on-hit effect to wielded melee weapons, it will not function with either ranged weapons or unarmed combat (including handwraps). The description will be updated to clarify this. (And no longer refer to the breastplate as "a weapon".)
    My question is why only melee?
    970 sp and counting
    Help Fix Ranged Combat for Everyone. Come help complete the DDO Wiki

The breastplate is intended to grant the Destruction on-hit effect to wielded melee weapons, it will not function with either ranged weapons or unarmed combat (including handwraps). The description will be updated to clarify this. (And no longer refer to the breastplate as "a weapon".)
    Just curious... aren't Handwraps considered melee weapons? Don't we sell them to the melee weapon vendors? And woudn't fists be considered "melee"?
    Luthen || Eldormadoh || Luthian || Theodread || Madmardigan || Whillow || Earnur || Halbarad || Adnakhor
    "A good player overcomes. A poor player is overcome" -Proud member of DWAT

Quote Originally Posted by Turial View Post
    My question is why only melee?
    Because a ranged character shouldn't even be getting hit if they know how to kite.

Now my barb on the other hand....

...in a sense it help out the rangers when a melee in the group when a low ac fighter / barb uses this armor. A ranger should have a high enough ac that is would go to waste anyway.

Community Member juniorpfactors's Avatar

mine will be sold to the nearest vendor

junk for a ranged toon

Quote Originally Posted by Lorien the First One View Post

If the enchanted armor that I'm wearing on my body transfers to the sword in my hand, why not to the hand itself?
    ya, I'd like to know since I punch out slimes often.

According to the devs you dont have to be hit for it to work. It applies the distruction suffix to your melee weapon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Balzuru View Post
    Because a ranged character shouldn't even be getting hit if they know how to kite.

Now my barb on the other hand....

...in a sense it help out the rangers when a melee in the group when a low ac fighter / barb uses this armor. A ranger should have a high enough ac that is would go to waste anyway.
    970 sp and counting

Ahh I get the picture now. Totally was thinking along the line of cloak of curses or guard items. I guess I like it either way....

Honestly guys..I know it makes sense for it to work with ranged since its light armor...but even in melee this is a highly powered set of armor. Imagine destructing an entire room with your best mobslaying dps or instakill bow and manyshot...tasty as hell and I would have LOVED to see it, but wow, overpowered as a mutherfreeker

Sides, I know plenty of rangers who will be layin the smack down while dual wielding and the fastest possible attack rate in the game...so you will still enjoy it

Community Member

Default Unfortunate

You know Eladrin - I never complain - but this is really unfortunate. My ranger got the Crippling Chain, and he is probably 80% ranged ranger. I would not have taken this item if this point was clarified in the description.

Vallin

Quote Originally Posted by juniorpfactors View Post
    mine will be sold to the nearest vendor

junk for a ranged toon
    Im with you Jr. Aside from the fact that the response does not help me in-game, the timeliness of the response was appreciated.

Mine is now to be banked for a small period but looks like it will be sold soon after.

And for all those that were on the Raid when myself and 1 other member of the group, both of which are Ranged characters, who pulled the breastplates, obviously we would not have knowing that it did not worked for ranged weapons. But I do say this:

Tough titty said the kitty,
    but the milk is still good.

We will get your loot next run.
    Mothergoose - Kardinal - Bunks

Quote Originally Posted by Vallin View Post
    You know Eladrin - I never complain - but this is really unfortunate. My ranger got the Crippling Chain, and he is probably 80% ranged ranger. I would not have taken this item if this point was clarified in the description.

Vallin
    Hey Vallin, I along with some other feel the same way you do. Unfortunate for the group where we pulled our loot, but any player would have done the same mistake not knowing the actual results thru testing. I feel ya mate.
    Mothergoose - Kardinal - Bunks

Community Member

The breastplate is intended to grant the Destruction on-hit effect to wielded melee weapons, it will not function with either ranged weapons or unarmed combat (including handwraps). The description will be updated to clarify this.
    Patch 7.1 changed the description, but still doesn't mention the melee-only limitation.

wouldnt the destruction part imue the bow and then imbue the arrow with that the armor imbued to the bow?

Or am i wrong?

Default Look on the bright side

At least you're not a Warforge cause they got screwed with the new raid loot. Cool armors for everyone....except the robot second citizens. Oh well guess we can keep them happy with the one good Cursed Docent...they like being hated.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elvejon View Post
    wouldnt the destruction part imue the bow and then imbue the arrow with that the armor imbued to the bow?
    According to the text, that's what would happen. That would also happen according to the standard D&D rules for magic weapons.

However, that's not what this breastplate does in DDO. It only works on melee, and the text incorrectly doesn't reflect that fact.

It still escapes me why this item only works with melee, other then the whole "cause the devs only want it too." Makes little to no sense, its not like distruction or crippling on a normal ranged weapon would all the sudden make ranged combat better then melee, when melee can get the same effect.
    970 sp and counting

Quote Originally Posted by Turial View Post
    It still escapes me why this item only works with melee, other then the whole "cause the devs only want it too." Makes little to no sense, its not like distruction or crippling on a normal ranged weapon would all the sudden make ranged combat better then melee, when melee can get the same effect.
    Yeah I dont get that either. In terms of teamwork oriented rangers mass flagging/debuffing targets it would be VERY powerful, but not OVER-powered at all. And not more powerful than a melee using the same thing...it makes a +1 WoP rapier essentially a +5 to-hit weapon... why not a bow??? I mean besides the 20 seconds of manyshot, in this example the melee with this armor effect is WAY more powerful. The ranger love lately has been relegated to a TON of melee ranger love, and not much at all for the traditional elven bowman ranger type. Kinda makes me sad Legolas.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12