Community Member

Default Game is running but screen is black...

I wonder if anyone could help me with a new problem I'm having running DDO. I had been getting VPU errors so I updated my ATI graphics drivers, DirectX 9 and Microsoft .NET framework. That stopped the VPU error but now when I start DDO the screen goes black after I get to the Turbine logo. The game keeps running, though (sound is normal, "I served in the last war," loads the main screen where my toons are, etc.). Does anyone have suggestions for how to fix this?

A little more information: my situation is maybe a little unusual because I'm using an Apple MacBook Pro laptop with Windows XP running through Bootcamp. I know my system meets DDO requirements because I had been playing it for over a year on this computer with no problem before the recent VPU errors started. I don't use Windows too often, though, so I'm not too sophisticated with troubleshooting. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Customer Service Representative

While playing the game on an apple computer is not technically supported, you should be able to do so so as long as you meet the minimum requirements. If you are getting a black screen first please try deleting the userpreferences.ini file in my documents>ddo and then try playing again.