Community Member

Default single user, two computers and ddo

Can DDO be installed on two different computers not to be used at the same time?

Situation I have my home system and when I am home I play useing that computer. However I am employed a distance from my home and I now have a Laptop that I desire to play from. Is it ok to use the same ddo disk to install from and use the same account between the two computers?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by qes View Post
    Can DDO be installed on two different computers not to be used at the same time?

Situation I have my home system and when I am home I play useing that computer. However I am employed a distance from my home and I now have a Laptop that I desire to play from. Is it ok to use the same ddo disk to install from and use the same account between the two computers?
    Should be no problem, I know several who have.

Community Member

As long as you are not trying to log on from both machines at the same time it works just fine.

If you do log on from both then you will be kicked off from whichever was on first.

Unless you have 2 accounts, then you can run both machines at the same time. Laptop and Desktop for example.
    "My idea of fun,is killing everyone" Iggy Pop

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Leyoni View Post
    As long as you are not trying to log on from both machines at the same time it works just fine.

If you do log on from both then you will be kicked off from whichever was on first.
    Note: this only applies if you are trying to log onto the same account. You can use the same install on two computers to log on to two different accounts simultaneously.

Community Member

Default two computers

Just wanted to ask, before makeing assumptions.

Thank you

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by raypal View Post
    Unless you have 2 accounts, then you can run both machines at the same time. Laptop and Desktop for example.
    Absolutely true. Some people will pay for two accounts, some won't. Thought the original question was about using the same account from two different machines at two different times.

If that is the situation then no need to pay for two accounts. Just load up on both machines and log in from one or the other as needed.

There are advantages to two accounts. If you have family members that you want to group with (all playing at the same time) would be an example.

All a matter of personal preference. But, to answer the OP's actual question - load twice, pay once, play one machine or the other as desired.