Default Price Check: +2 Wounding Densewood Great Crossbow of Puncturing

Haven't ever messed with crossbows, so I'm not sure what this is actually worth, could use a little input on it.

+2 Wounding Densewood Great Crossbow of Puncturing

No damage, no RR, Minimum level 12. Crit range on these is 18-20.

Thanks

//Shenron
    "Ya know, if yur so Uber, why can't yah remember Clerics can't cast around corners yet?"

Default Nobody has any idea?

I'm kind of surprised that no one has any idea what one would be worth. I guess because it is such an unusual weapon that it can be very subjective, so it would vary depending only on knowing someone who uses one. Ok, and thanks for looking.
    "Ya know, if yur so Uber, why can't yah remember Clerics can't cast around corners yet?"

Bummer.

Community Member

I have one myself, sitting in the ban unused....

I have built a nub for use with Great crosbows, they are kinda underarrted, but repeaters is where its at for crossbows so no one wants them.

great crossbows have a good crit and are biggest base dam in the game,

more people shoud use them, but alas they are much like the peverbial redheaded stepchild.

I'd guess 50k pp max

Community Member

Got mine for 25,000 platinum...best buy in the world...15-20 crit range makes it a rapier, only slower attack times (Though having Rapid Reload, and the black dragon docent for my rogue helps tremendously.) Only thing that sucks, is bypassing DR on things..since there isn't much to help improve the damage of crossbows. (Strength and/or Dexterity Modifier don't apply) But if you spend the time to figure out what bolts will bypass what, you can get full use out of a wounding/puncturing. (Wounding only happens if you do at least 1 hit point. of damage to something. Puncturing happens as long as you confirm the critical, no matter the damage)

For a Great Crossbow user this is the golden weapon, and it is cheap as **** to get...kinda makes you feel sorry for those wanting a wounding of puncturing rapier..and what they have to put out for it.

....kinda.