Default Price Check: +3 Bastard Sword of Disruption

Just pulled this today, and wondering what the kind of offers I should expect for it. It's not much use to me, but I haven't decided if I am going to trade it yet, or just give it to a needy guildie, so if you are a guildmate, post up on the guild forums.

Thanks in advance.

Community Member

Give it to a guildie. I'd put value at 50-100k plat, tops. Nowadays everyone expects a little extra sugar on top of their disruptors, such as flaming burst.

Quote Originally Posted by Strakeln View Post
    Give it to a guildie. I'd put value at 50-100k plat, tops. Nowadays everyone expects a little extra sugar on top of their disruptors, such as flaming burst.
    Right, I wasn't sure if the plus added any value. It is a lv14 weapon, which says to me that the best you could get right now is a +4 disruptor. But, if you added something like flaming burst, would that give you a lv16 weapon, still at +3? If so, I can see why it wouldn't be as valuable.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kindoki View Post
    Right, I wasn't sure if the plus added any value. It is a lv14 weapon, which says to me that the best you could get right now is a +4 disruptor. But, if you added something like flaming burst, would that give you a lv16 weapon, still at +3? If so, I can see why it wouldn't be as valuable.
    Your logic about the weapon bonus makes sense, but it doesn't apply as much to disruptors as it does to other effects like vorpal, smiting, or banishing. Here's why:

1) The added bonus gives a better to-hit... but undead are generally not difficult to hit.
    2) The added bonus gives more damage... but when you're disrupting, damage doesn't matter much
    3) The added bonus gives a better chance to confirm a crit... except undead can't be critically hit, and disruption procs on every hit, not just crits.

Default o.0

Wow... send it to me, Warmane.... I luv teh Bastard swords, and it would be nice not to have to switch wpns for circumstance
    benefit....

On second thought... send it to your guildie... XD
    I tried to put my signature here, but only succeeded in getting ink all over my screen!

It's actually kind of funny, a plain jane +1 Disruptor or better yet a RR +1 Disruptor is worth a lot more than
    the +3 version just for it's Twink value.
    Officer of the Holy Warriors ~Deport the Halflings over to LOTR!
    Main: Allistair Alts : Variant spellings of Allistair My friends know me as Alli as most alts name start with Alli
    *2nd Account been playing since 04/06 and registered on forums 05/06 User name: Nefahrin

Default Ah

Poor bastard swords, I though Koopeshes put them out of business. Didnt know blacksmiths were even going to spend time making them anymore.
    Varr's all over. Cannith Varr getting the love currently.