Community Member

Default Price Check Ancient Vulkoorim Dagger

Wondering what the Ancient Vulkoorim Dagger might be worth, +4 enhancment bonus Greater Giant Bane and Giant Slaying Dagger. I'd also probably be interesting in selling it if you want to PM me offers.

2015 DDO Players Council Ironforge_Clan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by snp View Post
    Wondering what the Ancient Vulkoorim Dagger might be worth, +4 enhancment bonus Greater Giant Bane and Giant Slaying Dagger. I'd also probably be interesting in selling it if you want to PM me offers.
    Do you have any specific items that you are looking for or are you looking for a straight up plat sale?
    Axebiter, Cujo, Runeforge, Runefury, Runegoth, Runehealer, Runehamer, Runehorde, Runenight, Runesongs, Runezephyr
    And the forgotten: Runeaura, Runedevourer, Herstinkie, Runewolf,
    Caught somewhere between casual player and power gamer.

Community Member

yeah, that is why i started it off as a price check to get a general idea of what it is worth before I asked for what I might want for it.

It has a 2% chance of slaying a giant on a strike.. which is great everywhere but in the Tor
    (Deathward on Giants).... and it being +4 with a 3d6 damage modifier, makes it kinda cool... but is it's slaying capabilties more effective than a Vorpal... nope. Is it a great DPs weapon? Not really... it really is only moderatley useful in teh hands of a dual-wielder and then... I'd rather dual-wield vorpals...

...I'd put it's value around 3-50k plat... it isn't worth much more than that (unless you want bragging rights).

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

The problem with this item is I'm sure there are people who are ready to pay much more than what it's worth, because they don't know how the giant slaying part works.

Community Member Melkor_The_Mighty's Avatar

Default Have one its Not all that

Quote Originally Posted by tihocan View Post
    The problem with this item is I'm sure there are people who are ready to pay much more than what it's worth, because they don't know how the giant slaying part works.
    I had Looted one not too long after the DQ Mod was released and from my observations its Slaying effect worked less than 2% of the time and honestly seemed more like 1%. I did some testing nothing too exhaustive and after 1000 attacts on giants it killled 18 but I may have missed a few attact here or there. It is nice (at least a year ago) for the +4 greater giant bane alone, handy for dagger users or offhand for dual weilders, but if your counting on the Slayer effect to put it over the top count again, the hardest giants that the slayer effect would be best on are immune to it (Pre Reaver raid Giants).
    Last edited by Melkor The Mighty; 05-09-2008 at 11:44 AM. Reason: error