Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Member Yvonne_Blacksword's Avatar

Default <sigh>

I hate this whole subject...
    I hate dirty tactics..

My guild is one of the smaller ones...we like it that way, tight knit, group of friends...fun dudes to hang with. We would be larger...but the orientation program is time consuming...uh...lol.

We never have enough on anymore to completely fill a raid. So we invite PUG members.

Or we join other guild's raids...

Or we join full PUG raids.

I, personally, have never completed the Shroud. I have run numerous ingredient collection runs.

I have no idea what part five looks like, though I have heard stories.

My tactics include staying alive, buffing the tanks--everyone, keepin the WF alive in part 4, sneaking in to hit the boss with anything I can while avoiding the blades, removing the gnolls. I cannot afford to watch every player and report infractions and prevent dirty tactics and keep myself and my charges alive while trying to assist in the de-hit-point-ization of the pit fiend...Anyone could pull a snarkity maneuver and I wouldn't know...as I have other things on my mind...

Once in a while I will hear.."oh look! he is bugged! get him" and wonder if someone threw dirt...How am I to know..the evidence is gone. It doesn't come up in any chat window...

The fact that what is happening is happening often enough for people to mention it.

The fact that people are putting up /LFM with clean run on it.

The fact that you have to ask if the "tactic" is being used...makes me reluctant to run it.

I figured, if I wait a while, the DEVs will fix it and then there will only be the "remember when" or "we can no longer do such"
    comments are all that will remain of this.

It has not happened yet.

I start to wonder...is it dirty pool?
    Is it on both sides?

Are people being forced to come up with dirty tactics to complete something due to snackity snack snack raid building tactics of the DEVs?

Raids should be dificult.
    They should be challenging.
    They should test our skills.
    They should not require huge amounts of resources, lots of uber gear and things the normal player cannot attain, afford or even hope to find.

Is it us...causing this problem?
    or is it them?

Why do we need an easy button?
    Last edited by Yvonne Blacksword; 05-02-2008 at 10:15 AM.
    Noep