Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

Default Shroud loot builder for dummies

DIRECT LINK: CLICK HERE

IMPORTANT: I am no longer playing and thus will not update this tool unless I come back some day.

HISTORY:
    • 2012-07-22: Following update 14 changes, replaced +2 exceptional ability bonuses by +2 insight bonuses
    • 2010-11-15: Added display of effects obtained at each tier to the crafting instructions page
    • 2010-06-15: Added damage dice and crit range/multiplier for all weapons, also fixed Concordant Opposition proc rate
    • 2010-02-11: Properly renamed Superior Lore into Major Lore, and fixed numbers for all lore effects
    • 2009-08-31: Per mod.9 release notes, updated: regeneration effects and tier 2 positive/positive clicky effect
    • 2008-06-04: Added recipes for new greensteel weapons, and updated description of the Dust II effect (disintegration)
    • 2008-04-23: Improved dispaly of crafting instructions
    • 2008-04-18: More colors, how pretty!
    • 2008-04-16: Fixed some display issues and an infinite loop bug
    • 2008-04-15: Initial public release

KNOWN ISSUES:
    • It still lacks some explanations for people new to crafting, so it's not really for dummies as advertised

Besides a bunch of cosmetic improvements I have planned (but will most likely never actually do), most important features should be working.
    Last edited by tihocan; 12-01-2012 at 12:45 PM.
    DDOWiki - Sharing DDO knowledge
    I am currently inactive -- I may not answer pms, sorry!
    Personal message: ESO_tihocan1979_it_is_me

Looks nice... it doesn't make any sense to me, but then I haven't been to the raid yet so maybe I'm beyond a "dummy" at this point.

I don't see the need for the second menu when you choose "Fecundity" on the first menu though... it should just go right to the ingredients for that particular item rather than presenting a blank template. Along the same lines it might be nice to just combine the 2nd menu with the "how do I craft" section so you see a running total of ingredients needed as you choose particular enchantments.

If you choose the Shroud #1 item the spell boost box just says "normal" repeatedly. It lost the "Fire Lore" etc tags that you get with the Shoud #3 and Shroud #5 choices.

Other than that it looks like it works nice. Now I just need to get to the raid.
    Code:
     Sil - Human Paladin 14              Lava Divers           Tad - Drow Wizard 14
     Semolina - Elf Rog 13/Ftr 1             on              Rava - Drow Sorceror 7
     Riddikulus - Human Cleric 14          Khyber         Clamor - Warforged Barb 7
     Durum - Dwarf Ftr 10/Pal 3/Rng 1                Ridd - Dwarf Ftr 6/Rog 2/Pal 2

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Very Nice....

IMO, its Backwards though......

Its easier for me to pick the Tier 3 Enhancment I want first, then work backwards into something that is effective.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Default Helpful

Thank you for the builder. I would note that is a contridiction in your builder compared to Zaodan's similar web builder.

I ran the build for a mineral II weapon going for the +4 AC over Blast effect.

According to Zaodan website you need the following larges:
    Scales x5
    Shrapnel x1
    Arrowheads x4
    Stones x5
    Chains x5
    Bones x4
    Total = 24

According to your website you need the following larges:
    Scales x5
    Shrapnel x1
    Arrowhead x3 (does not match)
    Stones x5
    Chains x6 (does not match)
    Bones x4
    Total = 24

I am not sure who is correct but I thought I would point this out.

Did you use the same essence / gem combination in both planners?

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

Thanks all for the feedback! Answers below

Quote Originally Posted by Riddikulus View Post
    Looks nice... it doesn't make any sense to me, but then I haven't been to the raid yet so maybe I'm beyond a "dummy" at this point.
    Hehe, it's actually not dummy-friendly yet. That's my goal, but it is yet to achieve, that's part of the planned "cosmetic" improvements...

I don't see the need for the second menu when you choose "Fecundity" on the first menu though... it should just go right to the ingredients for that particular item rather than presenting a blank template.
    That's a good point.

Along the same lines it might be nice to just combine the 2nd menu with the "how do I craft" section so you see a running total of ingredients needed as you choose particular enchantments.
    I think there is enough stuff displayed right now, I'd rather keep it to the minimum. Also, one goal of this planner is really to remove all about ingredients/focuses/gems/essences etc. from the building process, and focus on what you want on an item. There will be visual hints added later to at least differentiate the tier 3 upgrades, which are more costly.

If you choose the Shroud #1 item the spell boost box just says "normal" repeatedly. It lost the "Fire Lore" etc tags that you get with the Shoud #3 and Shroud #5 choices.
    Hehe yes I noticed that as well. On my to-fix list
    EDIT: Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    IMO, its Backwards though......

Its easier for me to pick the Tier 3 Enhancment I want first, then work backwards into something that is effective.
    It's actually for such purpose that I wrote this. You can do it, part of the cosmetic improvements will be to show better ther tier 3 upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by johnrbimmer View Post
    Thank you for the builder. I would note that is a contridiction in your builder compared to Zaodan's similar web builder.
    Awesome thanks! There was a typo in all my positive focuses recipes. Should be fixed now!
    Last edited by tihocan; 04-16-2008 at 08:56 AM.

Default I hope so!

Quote Originally Posted by jjflanigan View Post
    Did you use the same essence / gem combination in both planners?
    Hey JJ,
    I am pretty sure I used the same essence/gem combination in both planners. I reviewed the requirements based on the first posts on the cookbook page and Zaodan's website - they came out the same.

Maybe I am missing something else. I like all the planners but we should ensure that everyone is saying the samething!

My impression from reading some of the info on crafting is that some of the ingredients are bound and some are not.

If so it would be useful to highlight the bound vs unbound ingredients so that you know beforehand which you would be able to pick up on AH and which you would have to already have in your possession before contemplating creating the item.

If this is a stupid request, please ignore... I've only scratched the surface of the crafting info.
    Code:
     Sil - Human Paladin 14              Lava Divers           Tad - Drow Wizard 14
     Semolina - Elf Rog 13/Ftr 1             on              Rava - Drow Sorceror 7
     Riddikulus - Human Cleric 14          Khyber         Clamor - Warforged Barb 7
     Durum - Dwarf Ftr 10/Pal 3/Rng 1                Ridd - Dwarf Ftr 6/Rog 2/Pal 2

Thumbs up

Lookin' good. If this evolves much like your Enhancement Builder, it will be an incredibly valuable resource for the DDO community.

Thanks tihocan!
    "The sword itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with swords."

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

Quote Originally Posted by johnrbimmer View Post
    Maybe I am missing something else.
    Maybe the last line in my reply above your post

Quote Originally Posted by Riddikulus View Post
    My impression from reading some of the info on crafting is that some of the ingredients are bound and some are not.

If so it would be useful to highlight the bound vs unbound ingredients so that you know beforehand which you would be able to pick up on AH and which you would have to already have in your possession before contemplating creating the item.

If this is a stupid request, please ignore... I've only scratched the surface of the crafting info.
    Nothing is stupid....

Let's see if I can run this down for you.

From the 5 Vale quests....Shavarath stone fragments (1 from each quest) are bound....ingredients are not bound.

From the shroud parts 1 - 5....small, medium and large ingredients and small, medium and large energy cells are not bound.... all 3 different power shards are bound.

Hope that helps.
    Bearrin (L20 Fighter) - Desmondo (L19 Drow Rogue) - Freebay (L18 Bard) - Freebee (L19 Fighter) - Eclypsse (L18 Sorc) - Freebs (L19 Barb) - Intuit (L20 Cleric) - Krule (L12 Wizard) - Perseus (L17 Cleric) COLOR]

Looks awsome. But a few questions/suggestions.

An explination of the colors. Ie green = red= purple =

And with the recipe could you also include a combined effects of the weapon.

oh how I like wish lists...

a print button.... I am pretty lazy.

Anyway thanks for the hard work you put into it.
    Amiee lvl 16 cleric___________Heathur lvl 16 fighter
    Coolhand lvl16 rogue ________Freek lvl 16 wizzard
    Saba lvl 16 cleric ________Hayoka lvl 16 Bard

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHand Luke View Post
    An explination of the colors. Ie green = red= purple =
    Yep that was planned, I added a legend yesterday.
    Today I'll probably take a few minutes to make a special display for tier 3 bonus effects.

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~delalle...apon=warhammer

Look at my Greensteel hammer recipie..... Lists the same combonation of Ingrediatns for the Ore and Oil... oops....

Caught it before I made 2 oils though
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~delalle...apon=warhammer

Look at my Greensteel hammer recipie..... Lists the same combonation of Ingrediatns for the Ore and Oil... oops....

Caught it before I made 2 oils though
    ******, thanks a lot. I think I messed up when I reordered some ingredients to make alternate recipes easier to compare
    All fixed now. Thanks again!

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

I updated with all new weapon recipes reported at this point. Thanks to all who worked on them!

Question

One feature I've seen on some other crafting sites/tools is a final readout of what you just created. Would it be possible to put a summation on your final page?

Example:
    Cloak: +10 hp, +1 Dex Skills, +15 hp, +2 Dex Skills - Haste (3/day), +20 hp, +3 Dex Skills - Air Guard
    "The sword itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with swords."

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

Quote Originally Posted by DagazUlf View Post
    One feature I've seen on some other crafting sites/tools is a final readout of what you just created. Would it be possible to put a summation on your final page?
    Yes, it's something I wanted to add. Somehow, the way I wrote it, it's not as trivial as it should be, but I'll end up adding it some day

Using this planner I have chosen a few specific abilities to be added, running outside the usual lines perhaps. I was amazed that I could so fine tune an item to my wishes, but am a bit concerned as I can't find any second opinion as to whether this will actually work. T Before I dive into this and potentially waste my ingredients could I trouble those more experienced than I with a bit of confidence?

My intended item ran as follows :

Goggles

+6 wisdom (also +10 diplomacy and +10 haggle)

Wizardry VI

+100 SP

+15 HP

[ At this point the planner tells me ' You must select more effects before this item can be crafted ' ]

So I tacked on also +2 constitution skills under the 15 hps.

Is this truly a valid item, or have I stumbled into a potential flaw with the program?

_________________________________ Result?

It almost worked out perfectly, however the +100 sp never appeared. Here is the item created

Any clue as to what was missed to bring about an undesired result?

Is there something I could do with Tier 3 that would bring about bonus spellpoints?
    Last edited by Baelketh; 08-02-2008 at 06:12 PM.

All +15 hp bonuses come with a +2 skill bonus too. So that sounds right to me.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast