Community Member Cedrica-the-Bard's Avatar

Default Very nice idea, gratz!

I logged on last night and saw someone with an LFM up who was helping new players. It said something like: "if you are new to DDO, hop in group and ask any questions you have." Anyway, I thought it was a wonderful idea and I want to send out my congratulations to the person who was doing it.

I hope you helped a number of new players feel welcome and excited about the game.

Sometimes when I'm bored, I look for lowbie Bards who aren't in guilds and ask them if they are new, if they need any advice, equipment, money, send them a Muckbane, that sort of thing. I hadn't thought of doing it through an LFM. It's nice to see the people on Sarlona being good citizens.

Ditto that. I saw Assio<sp?> with an LFM doing that last night. Great idea.

I've been running around looking for new to the game Lvl 1-2 Rangers to give some of my old bows to.

I saw it too, pretty cool.
    Englorious Basteurds - There the only ones who can put up with me.

I saw that too. But knowing the player, should he be the one giving guidance? (jk of course, he's a guildy) I think he just wanted to PvP them.

I've been getting a bit bored myself, maybe I should do a dedicated time period per week also. Any takers to anyone else doing it?

Knut {16/clr} Golari {16/wiz} Bashfully {16/rgr}
    Sigvard {10/ftr 2/rog 3/pal} Kirie {14/pal}

Arrow Newb Assistance Program

Knowing Assio he`s probably looking to build a follower base and tithe them for 15% of their weekly income!

JK Bro!
    "Multi-Classing: If you don't know what you are doing...please don't do it."
    Arkkanoz / Barbarrus / BoarAxe / Bruttus / Dahlamaar / Dexxaan / Dominattrix / Gregorius / Inquisittor / Mechanikkus / Predattor / Suntzzu / Valkeerya

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by BGP View Post
    I saw that too. But knowing the player, should he be the one giving guidance? (jk of course, he's a guildy) I think he just wanted to PvP them.

I've been getting a bit bored myself, maybe I should do a dedicated time period per week also. Any takers to anyone else doing it?
    I'd love the chance to indoctrinate... er... help... people who are new to the game...

Dibs on Tuesdays from 4 -5 AM (hehehe I got the best time slot!)
    Dashette 16 WF Fighter : Babydash 16 Drow Sorc : Ette 16 Human Clr : MiniMia 16 Elf Rogue : Rathji 10 Human Pally : BigMia 8 Elf Bard : Sokker 8 Halfling Ranger : Lubulongtime 6 Human Fleric : ...and a bunch of others too low to mention yet
    "Thank god for server downtime, otherwise I wouldn't get anything done!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rathji View Post
    I'd love the chance to indoctrinate... er... help... people who are new to the game...

Dibs on Tuesdays from 4 -5 AM (hehehe I got the best time slot!)
    I guess that depends on how you look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexxaan View Post
    Knowing Assio he`s probably looking to build a follower base and tithe them for 15% of their weekly income!

JK Bro!
    lol!

Assio the crooked paladin, I smell sheriff of rottingham!
    j/k
    Morkai - lvl 16 human Sorcerer Enchantment*Fire*Illusion
    Razziel - lvl 14 TWF Str Slashing Elf Fighter/2 Rogue
    Its Blacklist *****

Silly assio gonna wreck NSR's reputation of being a bunch of jerks....
    FYI he's taken this a step further and founded a new guild dedicated to helping new players 'LowRiders'
    Meh.....

Quote Originally Posted by Katrina View Post
    Silly assio gonna wreck NSR's reputation of being a bunch of jerks....
    FYI he's taken this a step further and founded a new guild dedicated to helping new players 'LowRiders'
    Lowriders. I could have so many comments here.....
    Dashette 16 WF Fighter : Babydash 16 Drow Sorc : Ette 16 Human Clr : MiniMia 16 Elf Rogue : Rathji 10 Human Pally : BigMia 8 Elf Bard : Sokker 8 Halfling Ranger : Lubulongtime 6 Human Fleric : ...and a bunch of others too low to mention yet
    "Thank god for server downtime, otherwise I wouldn't get anything done!"

I also want to give a big thumbs up for this!

Remember to teach them all the proper etiquette too, such as paying 10% of their income to their guild leaders each week...

=)
    Devs: Thanks for making Druids available to VIPs without the pack. This more than anything, has made me want to buy the pack.

Default Lowriders

New players looking for individual assistance with character building along with learning guild tactics, cohesion, sustainability and leadership. A mix of old and new players alike, where the new come to learn and the old stay to teach. It is the guild equivalent of this altruistic LFM.

Lowriders

Contact Assio.
    Dr. Matson Saloner
    Professor Emeritus at the University of the Arcane Order
    Leader, Neo Skullriders - Sarlona

I agree, the LFM and the guild are a great idea! I recently deleted some toons and opened up some character slots, so I am willing to help on occasion as well.

Aylianna * Aylamarran * Callwynn * Sellia

I also think it is a great idea. A friend in RL stumbled upon that group and was quite pleased with his experience.

I am happy to help. I will take the 9 PM to 11 PM Eastern time slot on Wednesday, April 23.
    Thelanis; Strngrdanger, Likkerpig, Byrnt, Obgynkenobi, Severancepay, Buffystmarie.