Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Clerics!

Quote Originally Posted by mtmouse3 View Post
    I think if the group you were in was told ahead of time (before going in the adventure) what kind of tactics you were going to use, so they could have prepared, I think the adventure might have gone off a lot better.

I think the group might have just gotten angry, or felt betrayed when they assumed (which they shouldn't have; their fault on that) that your cleric symbol meant you were primarily a healer.

Moral of the story: communication before, and during the adventure FTW.
    What do you mean?
    I'm not a primary healer?
    I healed myself alot...I mean at 1 point I had like 36pts of damage
    Let them know before we go in?
    Wheres the fun in that???...
    Thats like cheating!...
    I'm sure the devs didn't intend for them to be prepared for stuff...
    If they did you would be able to run each quest more than just the 1 time....right Mcfly?
    You know, develop tactics and such...
    sheeesh you guys
    Chaotic Evil:-Baptismoffire-Tantholos-AltarboyBaptism- Sabott -Caneye-DunkachinoThingamabob- Dejay-Cubscout
    “Ah, this is obviously some strange usage of the word"safe" that I was previously unaware of"; -Douglas Adams

Wow, so what you are saying is that everyone should be responsible for themselves, healing, tactics, damage dealing, and crowd control....

does this also include trapfinding, and disarming?

evasion?

lay on hands?

WoF, FoD, PK, Dancing Ball, 30 point resists too?

Sorry, D&D 3.5 didnt have this kind of superman tactics in mind, sorry if you misunderstood what this MMO is based off of.

There is a certain level of comfort and comraderie in working as a team, and relying on each other as a team.

But now I understand where you are coming from.

Your playstyle is NOT wrong, just very different than what a lot of other players expect.

Maybe they should have communicated to you, that they play as a team, and might have to rely on you for healing, because clerics are the fastest healers in the game.

I don't play clerics because I dont want to let people down, if they die while on my watch, but I do play secondary healers, and donate a lot of plat to healers for being just that.

Good luck in your travels.
    Shaamis is REBORN! Stronger!Faster! DRUNKER THAN EVER!!! - DeathSmile Guild on Hardcore - The Drunken Monk of Stormreach on all other servers!

Quote Originally Posted by Raegoul View Post
    Humour is Good

People who take this seriously, Bad

People who take this seriously and agree with the substance of Altar's post, even worse

People who still fail to understand the purpose of Working together politely in DDO, need to be Rehabilitated

More Fun Please and LESS of the me Factor makes a better game to play.

QFT !!!!

4. 03-21-2008, 09:12 AM

Reason
    flame fest

lol omg, can u show me where in the ddo hand book it says a clerics job is to follow gimps and noobs around and spend all your cash keeping them alive...... sounds like wow would be more fun!
    Proud leader of Alpha & Omega

ripping it up and disturbing the peace since release
    I am the weeman i am the walrus... koocoo ka choo

Quote Originally Posted by Tap4black View Post
    Sounds like a typical guild run for us, why the drama?
    hahahahaha goddang manards.... HEAL US MAN......... pllllllzzzzzz, ill give u plat

ding

your party member ________ has died

Quote Originally Posted by mtmouse3 View Post
    Wow, so what you are saying is that everyone should be responsible for themselves, healing, tactics, damage dealing, and crowd control....

does this also include trapfinding, and disarming?
    The only reason to bother keeping a rogue alive

evasion?
    Who needs it?

lay on hands?
    Again...I'm a cleric...who needs it?

WoF, FoD, PK, Dancing Ball, 30 point resists too?
    HAH Acronyms!

Sorry, D&D 3.5 didnt have this kind of superman tactics in mind, sorry if you misunderstood what this MMO is based off of.
    How do you know?...hmmmm....you secretly a GM?

There is a certain level of comfort and comraderie in working as a team, and relying on each other as a team.
    Who needs comfort I have my pets and I dont know what "comraderie" is

But now I understand where you are coming from.
    yes, New York

Your playstyle is NOT wrong, just very different than what a lot of other players expect.
    Well, just what do they expect?...I give them Hero's Feast what else do they want?

Maybe they should have communicated to you, that they play as a team, and might have to rely on you for healing, because clerics are the fastest healers in the game.
    Hmmm..Don't know how they could have done that...I squelched them remember?

I don't play clerics because I dont want to let people down, if they die while on my watch, but I do play secondary healers, and donate a lot of plat to healers for being just that.
    Well can you just mail me the plat?

Good luck in your travels.
    Who needs luck when you have pets?
    Chaotic Evil:-Baptismoffire-Tantholos-AltarboyBaptism- Sabott -Caneye-DunkachinoThingamabob- Dejay-Cubscout
    “Ah, this is obviously some strange usage of the word"safe" that I was previously unaware of"; -Douglas Adams

8. 03-21-2008, 09:26 AM

Reason
    flame fest

Quote Originally Posted by Aranticus View Post
    sorry dude, but you are wrong. a cleric's role at LOW levels is a primary healer, secondary buffer and combat caster due to the non availability of martial weapon proficiencies, lousy combat spells and fixed healing spells. not that it cant function as a combatant or primary caster, but the roles can be a little hard to juggle

at HIGH levels, or at least past L13, the clerics is no longer the primary healer. the cleric is now the primary combat caster, secondary healer. with destruction, you can instant kill a mob, dead mob = no damage = no heals. blade barriers do persistant 300 points damage (or at least on my cleric), 550 on a crit. with these numbers, melees can take a step back and let me deal the pain. since only i have agro, i dun need to heal the party, again healing is secondary. the host of other spells like cometfall and greater command can make my melee abilities shine. when the mobs are sitting on the ground, they cant fight back and again, no damage = no heals. healing for a high level cleric is the last of priority. the main priority is to mitigate damage and the way to do it is to be the primary combat caster.

you my friend if you play like how you described is very linear and ineffective
    A effen men. lol thank you....... i have a cleric, he heals fine, if your arent a gimp.. the minute i notice u cant play... no healz. and this responsability for a cleric to deal with the fact a sorc dont know how to controll aggro, or the fighter sux and needs constant attention. i think not.. id rather just solo the quest with the noobs in my pocket

Default To those of you

To those of you that do not know altarboy, this is nothing but a big sacastic JOKE. The reason for this post was simply cause he was bored at work and needed a laugh, however I am sure that all of your hate comments are making him laugh even more!!!! Congrats to the few of you that actually caught on, you get a cookie!!! Lasic I'm shocked that you actually believed this, you know pretty much all of our guild and you should know none of our clerics have ever done this LOL
    Last edited by babygirl; 03-21-2008 at 09:43 AM.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    needless to say I buff no one but myself and my pet rocky..
    ..."
    Oh man, I got a visual on this part.

Quote Originally Posted by Tap4black View Post
    Sounds like a typical guild run for us, why the drama?
    LOL hahahaha oh man that was good lol!

... do u have no sence of humor..... cause i think u are the only person on this server that did not get the forum... u might wanna take time and re-read it cause u might notice on the second read ITS A JOKE....
    Last edited by theweeman; 03-21-2008 at 09:38 AM.

What happened to you lasic you have changed you use to know how to have fun, now your all serious and stuff

Quote Originally Posted by babygirl View Post
    To those of you that do not know altarboy, this is nothing but a big sacastic JOKE. The reason for this post was simply cause he was bored at work and need a laugh, however I am sure that all of your hate comments are making him laugh ever more!!!! Congrats to the few of you that actually caught on, you get a cookie!!! Lasic I'm shocked that you actually believed this, you know pretty much all of our guild and you should know none of our clerics have ever done this LOL
    YOU...
    Back in the kitchen!...

I do this everyday don't listen to her...
    she's off her meds...
    she might even be a little dangerous....
    just nod and slowly back away...
    I don't even mem raise dead...or...ummm heal spells

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    YOU...
    Back in the kitchen!...

I do this everyday don't listen to her...
    she's off her meds...
    she might even be a little dangerous....
    just nod and slowly back away...
    I don't even mem raise dead...or...ummm heal spells
    I made you something for lunch...
    MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH

Are you making the cookies or are they store bought? Something gives me the feeling not to trust them either way I will just get mine from the Clerics I have to save cause there blue bar is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    Are you making the cookies or are they store bought? Something gives me the feeling not to trust them either way I will just get mine from the Clerics I have to save cause there blue bar is gone.
    dude she cant cook. she made lunch for us yesterday and burnt the water outa the pot just making potatoes, im the chef boihommie

Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    Awwww come on, I make them out of my special recipe! muahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by theweeman View Post
    dude she cant cook. she made lunch for us yesterday and burnt the water outa the pot just making potatoes, im the chef boihommie
    hahaha LMFAO! Funny how I get blamed for the things he does!!! No male should try to cook well playing DDO Oh yeah and his cooking skills are based from watching Racheal Ray haha! As for why he watches Oprah?? Havent figured that one out yet haha!!!!! Racheal Ray must teach him good though cause **** he can pull together a good meal but when he is playing I make sure he doesnt try to boil potatoes anymore :P
    Last edited by babygirl; 03-21-2008 at 10:41 AM.

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skaltervox12 View Post
    I can only assume that you're looking for attention here, because In my two years of playing I have never seen a cleric behave that way. But If you do then I can understand why you would be removed from groups. Both of my mains are clerics so you can't claim that I don't understand and I have pugged more often than guild ran.
    A cleric is the primary healer, secondary buffer and COMBAT caster, yes you can do all these things at once provided you know how to.
    IMHO your play style..IF you actually play that way is very linear and ineffective. But something tells me that this story is somewhat embellished.
    Well, I saw a few guys...maybe even a cleric do some of this stuff not to long ago....

I was really wondering if he was just a bad player or doing it on purpose....it really seemed like he was trying to get others killed on purpose. (I wasn't one of them )

He especially liked pulling as many mobs as possible back to the group while we were trying to recover from the last fight.

And I ran into a bunch of Clerics that never healed......unless someone begged them about 6 times. (also not me....I never beg....actually, my rogue did all the healing...and I think I was only lvl 6 at the time)
    I gave up a life of farming to become an Adventurer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

Quote Originally Posted by theweeman View Post
    A effen men. lol thank you....... i have a cleric, he heals fine, if your arent a gimp.. the minute i notice u cant play... no healz. and this responsability for a cleric to deal with the fact a sorc dont know how to controll aggro, or the fighter sux and needs constant attention. i think not.. id rather just solo the quest with the noobs in my pocket
    Guess my play style is to help people regardless of their skill level. However belligerent people, no matter how good they are or how important(That they think) they are to the quest will be ignored. Funny how these "hard nosed" Clerics or super men that claim to do everything only post that they can but I never actually seen one in action. Guess you're all soloing the Shroud.
    Just cause someone is a poor player doesn't mean I won't help em out,its the ubers that should take care of themselves.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast