Default Thinking of playing again, state of the server?

Howdy all, After playing a bit recently with the come back and visit promotion (or whatever they called it), my son and I are thinking about resubscribing and playing a bit. I'm curious as to the general state of the server, and more specifically what guilds out there could I look at getting into with my son and I for the purpose of leveling, getting to know the game (we've not had any characters above level 4), and eventually some light raiding (I'm not even sure what kind of dedication raiding entails in this game).

The state of server is strong.

There are many guilds that fit your description.

If I were you, I'd ask around on the server, in game. PUG and ask the fellow players. Look in the WHO tab for guilds with lots of folks on. Ping one of them randomly and ask a few questions.

GL!

2015 DDO Players Council Daerius of the Blessed Blades's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Handil View Post
    Howdy all, After playing a bit recently with the come back and visit promotion (or whatever they called it), my son and I are thinking about resubscribing and playing a bit. I'm curious as to the general state of the server, and more specifically what guilds out there could I look at getting into with my son and I for the purpose of leveling, getting to know the game (we've not had any characters above level 4), and eventually some light raiding (I'm not even sure what kind of dedication raiding entails in this game).
    I believe it's healthy and thriving. Still problems getting groups in the 8-10 level ranges sometimes, but there are several good guilds. I am partial to mine, but most folks I have played with are decent folk.

Determining what time you play is important, too. Some guilds are heavily populated in the day and less so at night. Others just the opposite. You don;t want to choose a guild when you play in the AM and most of the guildees play nights and weekends.

Lifetakers has several families and even some folks who quest with their "as young as 7" children (they just have to remind us that the young one is on...lol). However, I have seen lots of other guilds fit that mold as well. Check out our website and maybe we can run sometimes and determine if there is a fit.
    Founder, The Circle of Night (Now on Orien!): Daerius (FvS), Khrandok (Alch/Arti), Branwynn (Brd), Vharcan (War), Alluriaan (Rog), et. al.

https://www.twitch.tv/daeriius

Default Ineffable Warriors

Please keep Ineffable Warriors in mind. We are serious enough to complete raid content and level characters, but also have a good family atmosphere. We have several parent/child examples who play regularly.