Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

They allowing Necromancy now!?!

:P
    Shaamis is REBORN! Stronger!Faster! DRUNKER THAN EVER!!! - DeathSmile Guild on Hardcore - The Drunken Monk of Stormreach on all other servers!

Quote Originally Posted by mtmouse3 View Post
    They allowing Necromancy now!?!

:P
    we let aranticus every once in a while i mean you know how he is

Don't post names! This is a hitlist for pug groups! Prepare for ingame spam! Also, there re a lot of good clerics whose names I simply forget.

On a side note, Saal, all 3 Vals, Catcher, Zen, Cathryne, Norg--the cleric alt, Dok, Two, Quick, Herra--cause she invests in keeping you alive, Gurd, Mav, etc.

Not Rick. Sorry Rick, Murderface costs so much mana to keep alive that your cleric gets a natural penalty to all votes.

And not Rune just because his name does not end in ball. Runeball? Scarball? Ballscar? Bah.
    Last edited by Lehrman; 09-26-2008 at 07:51 AM.

Default Well. . .

I don't complain about the healing, and I've seen a lot of good clerics played well.

I don't play mine much outside of guild runs because it's hideously expensive. My last VoD pug on Hard was a net loss (after donations) of three stacks of Heal scrolls and five Major Mana Potions, where a guild run on Elite means half a stack of Heal scrolls. I'd agreed to join a guildie for VoD thinking it was a guild run and stayed in the raid because another guildie was also in the run, but I almost never run my Cleric unless there's at least one friend in the party.

My dwarf Cleric is rather foul-tempered and Chaotic Neutral. I'm more temperamentally comfortable playing one of my Lawful Good (and very sexy) elven melee babes.
    The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory. - Sun Tzu

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Betz View Post
    Benton gets my vote.

truly awesome and inspirational

no one mentioned my cleric :'(

Oh and by the way Kelderon is having a break from the game for a while, this is his last week so be sure to tell him thanks for all the heals and a swift return
    Lol, thanks for the mention mate, i take solace in the fact that my name hasnt been mentioned, it would mean that im forgettable enough not to be blamed if they all die too

Your cleric is always welcome in my groups mate, you just never seem to play them much

As to top 20, anyone that does their job deserves an equal mention.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithran View Post
    I don't complain about the healing, and I've seen a lot of good clerics played well.

I don't play mine much outside of guild runs because it's hideously expensive. My last VoD pug on Hard was a net loss (after donations) of three stacks of Heal scrolls and five Major Mana Potions, where a guild run on Elite means half a stack of Heal scrolls. I'd agreed to join a guildie for VoD thinking it was a guild run and stayed in the raid because another guildie was also in the run, but I almost never run my Cleric unless there's at least one friend in the party.

My dwarf Cleric is rather foul-tempered and Chaotic Neutral. I'm more temperamentally comfortable playing one of my Lawful Good (and very sexy) elven melee babes.
    VOD PUGs can be rough as a Cleric. I won't go there without at least six players (including the leader) I know and trust in the PUG, and that's on normal.

The last three runs I've been in, however, have seen me use less than 100 Heal scrolls and finish the raid with SP left.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

I have to throw out a few.

Wife aggro
    Moonbeams
    Wyllow
    Yushis
    Two Heals
    Soylent
    Seleena-riedra
    and i know there are more but cant think of the top of the head
    Toons are in a constant state of flux. Khyber server.

Quote Originally Posted by Trillea View Post
    Maybe your forum name should be lord_of_halfling_rage then...

Quote Originally Posted by Dimz View Post
    that Gurdash guy is pretty good.
    Who is that? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by arcanehealer View Post
    me /pulls out a superior devoition 6 weapon (sreiosly have one)
    zalicus kell
    and wifeaggro
    Isn't zalicus gone?

Community Member

Alright, dammit, if I don't get some Grumples love here soon I'm gonna stop pimping him out to every single VoD/Hound pug I see pop up!

Quote Originally Posted by Strakeln View Post
    Alright, dammit, if I don't get some Grumples love here soon I'm gonna stop pimping him out to every single VoD/Hound pug I see pop up!
    You aint the only one the isn't gettin a shout out here! but I did give you a shout out on the other newer thread

You know what, I gotta say...
    I feel very confident when I see Grumples in a group...
    and if the group also contains Dropdead, Dusty, Gronhk(however the hell he spells it) it's a guaranty of success...
    don't care what raid it is....
    whatever the difficulty...
    But they are still gimps compared to me!
    Chaotic Evil:-Baptismoffire-Tantholos-AltarboyBaptism- Sabott -Caneye-DunkachinoThingamabob- Dejay-Cubscout
    “Ah, this is obviously some strange usage of the word"safe" that I was previously unaware of"; -Douglas Adams

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    But they are still gimps compared to me!
    True story!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by babygirl View Post
    You aint the only one the isn't gettin a shout out here! but I did give you a shout out on the other newer thread
    Ooo, just found that one, sent some love your way too. It's a trade!

(how much plat do I owe you now?)

Smile The best clerics i love

Fawna(some times i need to raise this cleric)
    Milton(yells at me to use shield)
    Torrosar(trying to keep me up while dieing)
    Tucco (Protects me always)

And final cleric that dont even need to heal me becoz he dont let things live he kills all before tanks tank them and he dont get chance to heal me (Quicktoezzzz).

Quote Originally Posted by Kindoki View Post
    After drawing the slot of Cleric way back in headstart, when it was just six rl friends trying to stay in touch from across the country, there are a few clerics that stick out in my mind.

Dolarrah and Desiderius - the first two high level clerics to show me the ropes. Never got tired of dumbass questions or moves, and always lent a hand. They still do, not just for me, but for everyone (and for me - I'm a slow learner). Both excellent clerics in their own right.

Lendra - Here's your props, Shadowfox! Top notch Battle Cleric, was the only build (and ability to play that came with that) that ever made me consider rebuilding grandpa Gwyar. Fortunately I got over it...me as a battle cleric...the game really would be over then... the servers would pour water on themselves to make me stop!

Twoheals - only ran in a group once. Still, amazing. Reminds me of the time I ran with Axer in a quest. Obviously, different, but same sense of seeing a master at work. Where does this time to play come from? If you guys are independently wealthy, will you adopt me?

Niennah - Just **** near the nicest player you could ask for, and still manages to put me to shame in the cleric world. Being a top 20 cleric doesn't mean you have to be the "uberest", sometimes it's the intangibles that set someone apart.

And finally myself, for without Gwyar, every other cleric on Khyber would be one notch lower on the rankings! Thanks to everyone who runs a cleric - those who do, know (no matter how much some whine about being underappreciated {man are we underappreciated }) it's the best class in the game!

Ummm, I can't disagree with this list, however you missed one.
    Ghallanda: Val'Istri Veladorn Leader of Explorers of Eberron
    Khyber: Velystri Veladorn, Zesstrya Yauntyrr, Jhaelryna Yauntyrr
    I do not have Enemies..... They are ALL Dead!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyfury View Post
    Weird post... lol

Usually, very good clerics only play with friends and guildies and surely won't PUG or very VERY rarely (= when bored). Can't see how you could set an accurate list of the best 20 clerics when most ppl wil probly have never played with 19 of the real best 20
    Eh, actually i think most very good clerics tend to solo thier random runs or short man them. Alot of that stuff is easier to go through with just 2-3 good players, then to drag 2-3 trash players along.

And your also asking a question that is very hard to answer. Say in a raid, no one ever really knows which cleric is doing more to heal and support them. I know i always get the silly BC jokes on alreck when i join a shroud group, though im probably doing just as much or even more healing then the other clerics. Also, people are going to say names that they have grouped with often, or guildmates, and its very hard for any one person to give an objective and accurate list.

But personally, know who my current favorite cleric to play with is? Krashvor. Haven't heard of him? thats because hes a player in my PnP game, and so far is leading his group in kills Ah a battle cleric after my own heart.
    Last edited by nbhs275; 09-26-2008 at 01:06 PM.
    Aundair, New Khyber
    Alreck Gingerbarrel(15clr/1barb), Torrak Gingerbarrel(16 Brd), Oat(13 Rgr/3Ftr), Moxxy(16 Sor), Thorrac Gingerbarrel(6 Pal/1 Ftr) <<Current Toons>>

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by nbhs275 View Post
    And your also asking a question that is very hard to answer. Say in a raid, no one ever really knows which cleric is doing more to heal and support them. I know i always get the silly BC jokes on alreck when i join a shroud group, though im probably doing just as much or even more healing then the other clerics. Also, people are going to say names that they have grouped with often, or guildmates, and its very hard for any one person to give an objective and accurate list.
    Clerics are almost always acutely aware of which of their brethren is pulling their own weight and which ones are slacking.

Clerics are almost always acutely aware of which of their brethren is pulling their own weight and which ones are slacking.
    but thats not always true of the 8-10 other ppl in the group who arent actively healing the group.
    Aundair, New Khyber
    Alreck Gingerbarrel(15clr/1barb), Torrak Gingerbarrel(16 Brd), Oat(13 Rgr/3Ftr), Moxxy(16 Sor), Thorrac Gingerbarrel(6 Pal/1 Ftr) <<Current Toons>>

I would vote for all the clerics in my guild.. But if this was the hottest cleric in Khyber I would have to pick Stormmy. Sometimes when I'm playing her I have to stop and say.. Dang I'm hot!
    Sarlona: Dymondd Sar Tennith: lvl 15 Human Paladin/Fighter - Rusty Pick Guild
    Khyber: SparrHawk Instellius lvl 17 Human Paladin, Storrmyy Instellius lvl 16 Drow Cleric, Teknikal SuhPoort lvl 16 Dwarf Barbarian, Falcynn Instellius lvl 8 Halfling Ranger - Elite Noobs

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast