Page 3 of 195 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cambo View Post
    Have you tired any Gems at all...might be a nice reason to collect gems rather selling the for pittance.
    Thanks for the information.
    My wizard on Ghallanda has all 48 gems. When Mod 6 is released, I'll be trying all of them. (1 large bag, 1 medium bag, 1 small bag...)

I'd try it on Risia, but Risia keeps telling me I don't have the latest version of the client installed..... so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it still doesn't let me on.
    Last edited by UtherSRG; 01-20-2008 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptGrim View Post
    Ok well after putting in a full day on Risia and with some help from 2 new friends and a few old ones. I have made an ingredient chart.

First I'll get to how the system works:

Basically the way I understand the new crafting system to work is,

1. you farm ingredients from the Vale and the mod 6 quests

2. you farm power-stones from the quests(these bind)

3. after you have 40 favor with the 12, and have the 5 power-stones(1 drops in each quest) you gain access to a different eldric device in Miridia, also access to the raid zone is granted.

4. you then can combine the 6 different tier 1 ingredients(pulled from mod 6 chests) to make tier 2 ingredients.

5. (here is where the speculation begins) after beating the first wave in the raid zone a special eldric device appears, at which point you can put in an item, and a number of ingredients. I'm not sure if they will allow tier 1 ingredients in the recipe but if they do I'm sure they will produce mediocre results at best. Also I'm fairly confidant that more rare/powerful ingredients are waiting in deeper points of the raid zone. I'd be willing to bet that each ingredient(or combination) will produce a certain effect in the loot table. This will be the hard part, tracking down what ingredients do what to what type of items.

As it stands right now the chart is incomplete, all named slots have been verified, all ??? may not even exist but then they would have 2 recipes for one ingredient.(can't do that if your trying to hit 1200)

1st tier is across the top and the 2nd is down the left.

Anyways here is the chart.

On a side note there is also a chance that tier 3 ingredients exist or that it takes many tier 2 ingredients to make a quality item( this just may be MMO crafting at its best/worse)
    Great... now can you give us all read access to the chart?

Quote Originally Posted by UtherSRG View Post
    Great... now can you give us all read access to the chart?
    Ok, so I'm not the only one.
    DDOwiki.com, #1 source for DDO information.

Anyways here is the chart.
    Might want to make that publically accessible.
    Person Æ, Sarlona
    Tanka (Elf Tempest Trapper) .:. Darani (Aasimar Inquisileric) .:. Raelyth (Elf Artifonk)

you mean the raid isn't as easy to get to as ts
    drspikey 16 elven cleric (kyhber)/Melheno 4 Monk (kyhber)/dagarnus 8 drow wizard (kyhber)/seasick ranger5/rouge2/fighter1/ Daemonson ranger 6 (kyhber)proud member of the dragon renaissance broterhood / knights of the goldon blade

I'm guessing it means "run the five pre-quests, you're ready, forever."

'Cuz if you could just hop right in to the raid without becoming prepared for what's gonna be in there, and gaining access to the new raid loot system, then there'd be some serious issues going on.
    Person Æ, Sarlona
    Tanka (Elf Tempest Trapper) .:. Darani (Aasimar Inquisileric) .:. Raelyth (Elf Artifonk)

Quote Originally Posted by arcanehealer View Post
    you mean the raid isn't as easy to get to as ts
    If I read this right it looks like you only need to do the five quests to get the stones (one dropping in each quest) to get flagged. That doesn't seem too high a hurdle. Certainly not as easy as TS, but not crazy like the Abbott either. More like the Twilight Forge, which has a good system for flagging.

Quote Originally Posted by Friar Galanodel View Post
    If I read this right it looks like you only need to do the five quests to get the stones (one dropping in each quest) to get flagged. That doesn't seem too high a hurdle. Certainly not as easy as TS, but not crazy like the Abbott either. More like the Twilight Forge, which has a good system for flagging.
    Indeed. The VoNs would have been a good system, were it not for having to reflag every time you run it.
    Person Æ, Sarlona

Community Member

sry it was late, and I'm a noob at google doc's....try agian
    Blind Faith

Noheels,Ravenwind-Sarlona,FirstOfOne,Kraagg

Community Member Mad_Bombardier's Avatar

sry it was late, and I'm a noob at google doc's....try agian
    Nope. Are you perhaps linking the edit option instead of the spreadsheet itself?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Friar Galanodel View Post
    Well it's not to bad, you could do it in 1 very long session, More on par with titan your right, Except these are the longest quests in the game...seriously. Just the maps alone are comparable in size to GH or the other smaller adventure areas.

I have no doubt that first time grps and pugs won't finish them with 100% success, Buy all the major pots you can they are about to skyrocket in price.
    Blind Faith

Default Clarify

Buy all the major pots you can they are about to skyrocket in price.
    Can I correctly assume that by this you're inferring that early groups will run out of mana in attempting to complete the quests? I'm not certain that will have much of an affect on major mnemonic pots... (or am I incorrectly understanding your meaning?)
    Endrik - 15 WF Barbarian///Airyne -16 Drow Cleric///Gorgo -5 Human Wizard
    The Old Timers Guild
    www.oldtimersguild.com

Quote Originally Posted by hsinclair View Post
    The answer to this question is "oops"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Endrik View Post
    Can I correctly assume that by this you're inferring that ALL groups will run out of mana in attempting to complete the quests? I'm not certain that will have much of an affect on major mnemonic pots... (or am I incorrectly understanding your meaning?)
    fixed it

well IMO as a caster you have 4 options.

1. conserve, conserve, conserve. back to the good Ol' days of using a spell only when necessary and not nuking everything u see

2. run out of SP and not contribute till shrine on normal resets or till the end on hard and elite.

3. run out of SP and recall out for mana. ( if the grp waits it will take a long time for you to get back in, yes some have shrines close but, the size of the quests make it so it is a PITA for everyone to wait on you.)

4. run out of SP and drink a pot.

Like I said earlier in this thread I think they are balancing casters in this mod without nerfing them.
    Blind Faith

Community Member

sry double post
    Blind Faith

Default Nod, nod

Grim,

Understood... In summary, some casters may have to learn to adapt their tactics a bit... Something more in line with what you'd expect from an explorer, vice a zerger. With that said though, isn't there a new mechanic being implemented with shrines to allow multiple uses?

Tough to find strategic casters these days (other than those soloing), but they certainly are out there. (And I love being the cleric when I get to see one in action!)
    Last edited by Endrik; 01-20-2008 at 10:37 AM.
    The Old Timers Guild
    www.oldtimersguild.com

Quote Originally Posted by Endrik View Post
    Understood... In summary, some casters may have to learn to adapt their tactics a bit... Something more in line with what you'd expect from an explorer, vice a zerger. With that said though, isn't there a new mechanic being implemented with shrines to allow multiple uses?
    Only on normal.
    Have a question about the Eberron Setting?
    Ask a Loremaster.

Default Do you mean..

That HARD will be harder? Excellent.

In all seriousness, I am in favor of allowing the casual player (into which category I occasionally fall) the resources needed to enjoy learning new quests...

**Thanks for the explanation, btw MT..**
    The Old Timers Guild
    www.oldtimersguild.com

Default Known Recipes

You can read my findings here http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=133153 to see the findings of the known ingredients.

Thanks for Looking,

Sagittia - Powered by kaTet - Fernia

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lauranthis View Post
    You can read my findings here http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=133153 to see the findings of the known ingredients.

Thanks for Looking,

Sagittia - Powered by kaTet - Fernia
    Thanks for all the info yesterday and today Sag... I'm going to update the chart now... take a look at it to find the remaining possible combos.
    Blind Faith

Thanks for all the info yesterday and today Sag... I'm going to update the chart now... take a look at it to find the remaining possible combos.
    NP mate... let me know the findings, and what i need to farm LOL

Page 3 of 195 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast