Default 1st Madstone Elite

This was the hardest quest I've ever done, but also the most rewarding. Only died once!!

The mobs have so many HP that without wounding/puncturing, I cannot tank them. Forced me to adapt and learn new tactics.

Drag the mobs back to the firewalls.
    Use cursespewing/paralyzers.
    Leave the stoned/mezz'd mobs alone so they don't respawn.
    Manage shrines as a scarce resource.
    Manage aggro very, very carefully.

With necessity as my motivator, I learned a lot.

Thanks to a great party for patient explanations and giving everyone a role to play!
    \x/es
    Torgomund 17/1 Rngr/Rog . . Thundorf 16/2/2 Bard/Ftr/Barb . . Zarron 10/2 Wiz/Rog
    RIP Class Forums 3/9/2011

I absolutely love Madstone Crater. For the most part i jump in any Madstone run i see on Lfm, even on my cleric tho i dont normally bring him out cept for a few runs.

Madstone on normal, nevermind elite, can go wrong if a group doesnt communicate or at the very least have a leader that can communicate and it is clear that there is only one person leading the quest. Ive done well over 100 madstone runs, the biggest thing ive seen leading to bad times is folks who decide they know best and do as they will. On elite you need the whole group to work together, and yes, sometimes that means the melees do the cc and the casters nuke from orbit, just depends on what you have to work with.

There are so many ways to do this quest, even with one cleric on elite which some folks still shy away from, and i think thats why i enjoy it so much, it sure isnt for the loot. Well, ok the xp doesnt hurt either i guess, i think i learn something new every few runs.

Rich

It's hairy and definitely one of those quests you love to hate. I have a definite love/hate relationship with it. Love the XP but hate to run it. It's always last on my list of quests in GH for the getting Tor Ready.

It is starting to grow on me lately though.

Congrats on your first run OP.
    Last edited by Heladron; 12-27-2007 at 10:37 AM. Reason: spelling