Default I blew a trap box.....

ok, recently moved my dex item from boots to gloves, so i could get some good striders. This moved my Disable Device item from my gloves to my goggles. So i'm having to swap back and forth between my search goggles and disable device goggles. All good so far? Well, i'm not quite used to it, i slip up, forget to click my DD goggles, and to top it all off, i roll a 1. I haven't done it in so long that at first i didn't quite know what had happened. Took a solid 30 seconds of staring at my screen to realize i blew a trap!

Now, i'm not saying i've "never blown a trap before," its just been a real long time. And it pains me to say this, but the bazillion traps i've disabled without a problem are immediately forgotten the moment i blow 1 trap...

Totally understand that one.. I recently switched from way of the mechanic to way of the assassin. I had gotten used to not even using my dd goggles half the time, when one night shortly after the enhancement revamp, i hit the disable button and it didn't work.. I hadn't critically failed it, but the fact that it didnt disable on the first go was quite a shock .. now I make sure I wear my goggles (and if I'm really feeling paranoid, I put on the int ring and reaver bracers too) all the time.
    -=]ArchAngels[=-

yeah, this was on VoN 5 Elite, and i was swapping out my resistance cloak (for standing in the blade traps so i don't get interrupted), to my Gr-Electric resist cloak (for obvious reason) back and forth, swapping my search goggles and my DD goggles, and i carry a lot of inventory, so had to keep putting on my str bracers so i wasn't medium encumbered, and back to my reaver bracers to hit the box, etc etc etc. I did this for 15 boxes perfectly. I get to the very last trap, get it all searched out, kneel down to disable it, and BOOM. Not one of those 15 did anyone even acknowledge that i was there, but i blew that one and all eyes were on me... lol. And this was a guild run!

ROFL, nice one, Loccke! But you didn't mention War's aura....
    Vorn, 30 Fighter
    Argo
    OSD

yeah, i did notice War was lookin' at me awefully hard while i disabled that trap, so i'm saying its his fault!

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarHero View Post
    i blew a trap!
    Um... I have no interest in your sexuality... though I've heard of many strange things... including pastry ... a trap box... hey wait!!! Is that a new euphemism or something

Aesop
    Rule 1: Don't sweat the small stuff
    Rule 2: Its all small stuff
    Rule 3: People are stupid. You, me everyone... expect it
    more rules to come in a different sig

Question

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarHero View Post
    ok, recently moved my dex item from boots to gloves, so i could get some good striders. This moved my Disable Device item from my gloves to my goggles. So i'm having to swap back and forth between my search goggles and disable device goggles. All good so far? Well, i'm not quite used to it, i slip up, forget to click my DD goggles, and to top it all off, i roll a 1. I haven't done it in so long that at first i didn't quite know what had happened. Took a solid 30 seconds of staring at my screen to realize i blew a trap!

Now, i'm not saying i've "never blown a trap before," its just been a real long time. And it pains me to say this, but the bazillion traps i've disabled without a problem are immediately forgotten the moment i blow 1 trap...
    But are you still awesome?
    Ringos-JohnDenver-Lillis-Dacta-Erahn-CPants-Jhain : Silver Waffle

"You assume that Clay is an ass because he's Legion..." Shyver

Quote Originally Posted by Ringos View Post
    But are you still awesome?
    of course i'm still awesome! Don't you remember the picture of the two kids? I don't base my awesomeness on a video game!

Community Member Beherit_Baphomar's Avatar

He blows traps all the time.
    He put all his skillpoints into repair cause "it helps me repare my weepons"

N00b.
    Binding is Admitting Defeat ~ Yndrofian
    Plook~Squidgie~Eyern~Irnbru~Grotesque
    Of The O.S.D, Argonnessen
    Quote Originally Posted by Grace_ana View Post
    At least I'm not on G-Land.

I had a rogue.... drow 18 INT....4th level at the last (maybe 5th) fully speced out trap monkey. I mean seriously I know how to build a rogue.
    Granted Im better at making fighters but I am no slouch in the rogue department.

So this rogue from 1st - 4th or 5th blew every single trap I tried to disable except 1. I tended to play with a friend of mine and he could vouch for me ...without a chance I blew every trap ...whether I rolled a 1 or an 18 it blew. I started keeping a tally after the 3rd trap blew and after repeated attempts in WW, STK and red fang I blew about 30 traps to 1 successful roll. I remember I blew a trap on a 20 in WW on hard.

I even started using hero and fox pots...still blew em all. The only thing this rogue did not have that the others did was a puzzle cap.

When I couldnt figure out why it was happening I deleted him and rolled another.

I have a pure rogue and a rogue wizard they dont blow traps on a roll of a 1 in elite quests 1-2 levels higher than they are. Neither 1 has ever blown a trap...ever.

Although they may take serveral attempts on occasion (elite) and stand around looking embarresed while I switch gear........

It must have been a bug or something ..... ah yes his name was Croweye 2ranger/ 3rogue I remember now..... eternally jinxed...unexplainably gimped.