Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Does Tech Support ever help?!?

First question: does Tech Support even look at these posts and if they do, do they arbitrarily choose which ones to answer?!? I have seen another question about this problem from someone else and NOONE has contacted them from TS. Very Nice (( I have been down 2 wks unable to login to game after the downtime on 11/26. Ever since the servers came back up I am receiving an UPDATE INITIALIZATION ERROR ... THE UPDATE PROCESS COULD NOT BE INITIALIZED. I have tried everything, copying contents from backup to main. reloading the game (both low and high res), turning off my firewall, using msconfig to "turn off" everything in startup, tried safe mode, nothing works. I have gotten what I perceive as the run around from your tech support and still nothing. They keep telling me to do the same things over and over with the same results (duh). Do they read the history?!? The whole time Im paying for this?!? I have cancelled my acct awaiting a solution and I am going to see about a refund for December since I cant play. Very sub par tech support especially when it is only available 12pm - 730pm est for online support. What the hell?!? I work during the time Im suppose to be able to contact support. It appears my only recourse is to call a non toll free number to get this fixed. GREAT SUPPORT!!!! I have been playing this game since last May and this is the support we get. It is a forgone conclusion that you will never receive a JD Powers award LOL. Someone in Turbine help me with this problem. I WANT TO PLAY (((((((((((((((((((((((((

I'm confused. You have 2 threads that are both complaints about not receiving help. We can only help if you post asking for help...

Please remember, as posted at the top of this form: "Technical Assistance If you are experiencing technical issues, post to this forum for help from other players. NOTE: For official technical support, please visit http://support.turbine.com"

As to your issue, from the brief description you provide, I would start with power cycling your modem and/or router as it is possible they have bad cached information. You should also make sure you have refreshed your firewall settings by removing dndclient.exe and dndlauncher.exe from your exceptions list and then adding them back in manually. Shutting off your firewall does not change configurations that the firewall has already enabled in your system.

Default Redid request

This is an ongoing tech issue. I messed up the title so redid. Disregard Cust Service post and concentrate on Tech issue.
    Also I tried the link for tech assistance. It works so well thats why I am here. If you will read the above text you will see why I am posting here. Also I have already tried what you have suggested (it was also suggested by "tech help"). As I stated I have xld my acct until this is resolved. What about phone support?
    Last edited by massageman86; 12-11-2007 at 02:13 PM.

Technical Support is currently available through email and chat.

You can post your launcher log if you like. Your launcher logs are located here:

Windows XP:
    C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Turbine\Dungeons and Dragons Online\Launcher

Windows Vista:
    C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Turbine\Dungeons and Dragons Online\Launcher

Default Great :(((((

Thanks for all your help. this is exactly what im talking about. At your company it is always someone elses job.Like I havent contacted them already. Your tech support is pathetic!!!!!! I talk to a "tech" (I use the term loosely), they tell me to do the things I have already done a dozen times, they cant fix it so they tell me to contact 2nd tier support (what a laugh) who then thru 2 day response emails telling me to do the same thing that the chat tech tells me to do only difference is I have to wait another 2 days before they tell me to do something else I have already done. PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess i will start looking at other games to play since your company only wants to deal with customers who are working. I will be contacting customer service for a refund of this months monies since your elite group cant fix my problem. Oh yeah, thanks for looking at my post. Too bad you didnt read it because what you told me to do is in there. ALREADY TRIED!! Thanks for your support (((((((( No wonder people flame your tech group.

How can they HELP if you wont post what they asked for.

Take a deep breathe, relax and try to listen for a change instead of blaming people for a computer problem that is not there fault.

If you wont just post some info. Turbine and others could help but you wont so, why bother coming here posting asking for help, when you dont even know how to ask.
    Member of Mythical