Thread: Stormcleave!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Stormcleave!

Levels 6 and under. Only 4 of us. Took a while. Near wipe at the gate. Just barely kept everyone standing. Did 3/4 wipe once the arcane skellies sprung. But our rogue was able to stay in to avoid the xp hit, the sorc had retreated to the cave, we distracted Pius (?), got the stones into the cave there for a regroup, and were able to finish the quest. My fighter/ranger died twice trying to get those arcanes cause he kept getting held. Very tough fight. Defeated the end giant by just taking down the earth elemental and then whuppin on him faster than he could regen. Quite a satisfactory outing, even though it was probably an hour and a half. This game seldom challenges us anymore, but one way is to underman and underlevel a quest like we did.

Quote Originally Posted by Club'in View Post
    Levels 6 and under. Only 4 of us. Took a while. Near wipe at the gate. Just barely kept everyone standing. Did 3/4 wipe once the arcane skellies sprung. But our rogue was able to stay in to avoid the xp hit, the sorc had retreated to the cave, we distracted Pius (?), got the stones into the cave there for a regroup, and were able to finish the quest. My fighter/ranger died twice trying to get those arcanes cause he kept getting held. Very tough fight. Defeated the end giant by just taking down the earth elemental and then whuppin on him faster than he could regen. Quite a satisfactory outing, even though it was probably an hour and a half. This game seldom challenges us anymore, but one way is to underman and underlevel a quest like we did.

Sweet!

I was in a Gwylan group - levels 6-8, and we breezed through on hard, so we decided to do elite. We wiped twice on the minotaur boss cave, couldn't find the trap boxes, died a lot, and spent an hour doing, but we had such a blast. Love that feeling when you finally finish.
    <|| “Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch’entrate.” ||>
    AEsahaettr | AlfredSartan | Botharel | PeterMurphy | Weesham etc.

This game seldom challenges us anymore, but one way is to underman and underlevel a quest like we did.
    You tried the abbot raid yet? talk about a stupidly hard quest
    Actis Puris/Foxdie/Hangmen/Architeuthis/Opifex Tenebrarum/Cottoneyed Joe/Thesphaton Esti Moi/Baliji Bajati

Best way to do the last fight, especially with an underpowered group, is to charm (using Suggestion, preferably extended) all of the giants in Xan'tilar's room. It's easy to land suggestions on the fire giants, the hill giant seers are a tad more resilient, but once you've got them all charmed, kill the earth elemental and (on normal only) the charmed mobs will kill Xan'tilar themselves without any further help :-)

I used this strategy to solo SC on normal with my Brd8. This was prior to Pious Gruel becoming as tough as he is now.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.