Talking Where to quest for a level 7+

Hey all, I just turned 7 on my Rogue toon, and I don't know where to go. I've been playing the game for awhile, but as it turns out - all i have to show for it are 6 levels 5-7 toons. Ive never done any the content beyond that. I love creating characters, so I continue to do so over and over. But now, my rogue - Yvain (whom I think rocks, of course, thats a little self-absorbed - but so what, hes a rogue) is level 7 and I totally need some ideas. Also - i need friends.

Well, it looks like you've already found delera's... So that's a good start.

Pretty much, you are just going to start looking for different mid-level quests to run. Gwylans stand is a good one.. Lots and lots of traps, so you really get to test out your rogue skills.

Also, in house J, there is another outdoor quest in the south end of house J. Redwillow ruins...

Past that, you have some other options...

House D.. Sorrowdusk Isle. Northeast corner of house D, the nice man will teleport you to the Eye of Kol Korran, which will let you out at sorrowdusk isle. Another set of chain quests, with a large outdoor slayer quest area to wander around in. The first set of quests is Greymoon, which starts with a level 5 or six quest. The next set is the cult of the six, which starts with a level 8 or so quest.

House P.. Threnal Ruins, north end of house P, next to the necropolis entrance.
    There are 9 quests in there, ranging from level ummm 7ish? to around level 10. Three parts for the east side, three parts for the west side, and then three parts for the south side. Decent exp for most of them, but I'd recommend finding a group doing them on normal for your first few runs through. It can be a little painful if you've never done them before.

House K.. The von series (Vault of Night) is an old standby. Most higher level characters have run those quests into the ground, since you need to repeat them every time you want to run the dragon raid. This is the first time you'll run into Beholders, so try and find a deathblock item of some kind before you run them. Robe, shield, whatever.
    Osharan, Esharan, Osharina, Usharina, etc... I'm the 'sharans. Epoxy. Notverysexy.
    I've taken the craft disturbing mental image feat... You have been warned!
    Share and Enjoy!

Three Barrel Cove has 6 quests out there for midlevels and if you get a group together can probably take them in an evenings play.
    Entrance to the Cove is near the same spot for Sorrowdusk mentioned above.

The Tear of Dhakkan in House P (for House K favor) is another very nice one for a group. A rogue is VERY useful since both shrines in this quest are behind locked doors. Tons of Hobgoblin mobs, a good time for mid levels. Good Exp and 7 or 8 chests along the way as well.
    Sarlona - The Ko Brotherhood :Jareko-Elf Ranger12Rogue8+4E; Hennako-Human Cleric22; Rukio-Human Paladin18; Taellya-Halfling Rogue16; Zenako-Dwarf Fighter10Cleric1; Daniko-Drow Bard20; Kerriganko-Human Cleric18; Buket-WF Fighter6; Xenophilia-Human Wiz20; Zenakotwo-Dwarf Cleric16; Yadnomko-Halfling Ftr12; Gabiko-Human Bard15; lots more

Hey thanks,

I've been wondering what all the abbreviations meant - while were at it though, whats the deal with "Permadeath" groups. Am I too assume that the name implies the justice? When one dies in such group, then they are: dead?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by zawa View Post
    Hey thanks,

I've been wondering what all the abbreviations meant - while were at it though, whats the deal with "Permadeath" groups. Am I too assume that the name implies the justice? When one dies in such group, then they are: dead?
    Indeed, people playing permadeath delete and reroll their character if they die.

They are often slow-moving and strategic groups, but you don't necessarily always have to be a permadeath player to end up in a group, I think.

I've always wanted to get in a permadeath party, and repeatedly /death, just because I can. I've heard it's fun.

sooo... do people ever get themselves to 14 then get the bright idea to play permadeath groups? Sounds hardcore...

Quote Originally Posted by zawa View Post
    sooo... do people ever get themselves to 14 then get the bright idea to play permadeath groups? Sounds hardcore...
    Not really... They usually have pretty firm rules about character leveling. So if you are doing something like that, you need to have been playing that character as a permadeath the entire way.

Ummm... Player named Parvo comes to mind... He's usually the one advertising for one of the permadeath guilds here on argonessen. He's got a link in his sig to their website, with a bunch of information about it.

Heh.. and evidently, he gets offended if you call permadeath players "roleplayers"....
    Osharan, Esharan, Osharina, Usharina, etc... I'm the 'sharans. Epoxy. Notverysexy.
    I've taken the craft disturbing mental image feat... You have been warned!
    Share and Enjoy!

Default quests for lvl 7

Dont waste ur time in three barrel cove. Xp can be had in dellara's, stormcleave (although that quest is usually done 5-6), but primarily u will want to do Cult of the Six (house d boat sorrowdusk) or Threnal (house p to the north) go kill some renders... lol

There is good xp and decent loot as well as important favor (house d arrows and house p pendant)... have fun!

the Bytcher~

Some good suggestions in this thread,
    and i'll add a couple more:

Xorian, in house J.

And if you can find an experienced group, your lvl should be able to make it through Vault of night 1-4, in house K.

Those and xorian will get you pretty good xp, in addition to other quests mentioned previously.
    Mhykke(Pldn):Mhykkelle(Srcr):Mykkelle(Rngr):Mhykael(Clrc):Mykke(Brbrn):Mhykel(Ftr):
    Mhykelle(Wzrd):Mhyke(Brd):Mykkael(Rgr/Rog/Barb):Mykkel(Rog):Mhykkaelsan(Mnk):Mhykkael(FVS):Mhykkel(Brd):Markas(Ret.Srcr)

Caverns of Korromar, Stromvaulds Mine

Check your Favor Icon in the game icon tab at the top, it is very helpful for finding quests, if you click on the level button it will auto sort the quests that are available to be opened by a character of the appropriate lvl (something like quests upto 3 lvls higher than the players current lvl)